Le Cellier opinions?

Dr Albert Falls

Original Poster
I'm going to be taking a SERIOUS steak fanatic to Le Cellier. We're talking someone who even finds Ruths Chris a bit lacking. (Charley's is his favorite)

How will the Canada steakhouse stack up?

diegorivera2

If your dining companion finds Ruths Chris lacking then please do not take them to Le Cellier for steak; Le Cellier will disappoint. For better steak (provided its on the menu that evening), try Bistro de Paris (upstairs, above Chefs de France) and their filet -- it's quite nice. If it has to be steak, then try the Yachtsman Steakhouse inside the Yacht Club; it'll be much better than Le Cellier. And, as an added bonus, both restaurants are 10 minutes away from the Canada Pavilion. Enjoy!

Avenger23

I had the prime rib at Le Cellier in August, and thought it was very good, one of the best plates of meat I have had in a long time, the girlfreind had the surf and turf and also had very good things to say. Could have been lucky I suppose, but it was pretty good for us.

Joel

jake

Originally posted by Dr Albert Falls
I'm going to be taking a SERIOUS steak fanatic to Le Cellier. We're talking someone who even finds Ruths Chris a bit lacking. (Charley's is his favorite)

How will the Canada steakhouse stack up?

Don't take him to Le Cellier. Tell him to swing by Memphis, TN and eat at Folk's Folly. It's one of the best steakhouses in the country.

Scooter

My wife and I had great steaks at Le Cellier but it's not always just about the steaks.

The kind and friendly staff, the warm tasty bread sticks, the delicious Chedder Cheese soup, the quiet but at the same time fun atmosphere are ALL things that made our dining experiance at Le Cellier a joyful and unforgettable one.

:animwink:

KevinPage

I went for the first time about 2 months ago. I didn't find it anything special. Not bad, just not great or one of my "must do" meals. The prices are on the high side as well

disneyfamily

Originally posted by Scooter
My wife and I had great steaks at Le Cellier but it's not always just about the steaks.

The kind and friendly staff, the warm tasty bread sticks, the delicious Chedder Cheese soup, the quiet but at the same time fun atmosphere are ALL things that made our dining experiance at Le Cellier a joyful and unforgettable one.

:animwink:

I second this motion! Truly a great place to eat.

kennyj29

One of our favorites!!!

We go there every time we visit. I can't compare it to the Yahtzman Steak house or France because we have never eaten there but we love Canada and my son who is a steak lover also, loves the steak!!

xfkirsten

I loved Le Cellier!! I ate there last year on my Cast Holiday discount and loved it. Of course, steak at all is good with me! ;) It is pricey, yes. But the Cast Members there were all great. Very, very helpful and nice! And the atmosphere in there is very pleasant. A nice, peaceful place. I would reccommend it!

-Kirsten

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Even though Le cellier is a very good restaurant for steak, I would suggest the Yachtsman for the serious steak eater. It is definately superior.

Pam

Moustronaut

Originally posted by Kingdom Konsultant
Even though Le cellier is a very good restaurant for steak, I would suggest the Yachtsman for the serious steak eater. It is definately superior.

Pam

Ditto... if Ruth's Chris is a disappointment, they Yachtsman is the only place in that league for steak. Just take him/her by there and let them look in the window of the aging room case. That will probably comvince them they want to eat there.

It really is only a 5-10 minute walk out of the back door of Epcot (between Englang and France pavilions) so it's not a terrible to check out both menus before choosing.

Here's a recent copy of the menu. http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_ys.htm

Nicole

Sometimes I'm glad I'm not a true "gourmand." It would be hard to be so particular that even the highest-end steak houses disappoint.

We ate at Le Cellier on our last (first) visit and loved it. It's the only restaurant that got a unanimous vote when we were deciding where to eat on our visit next month. Dunno if any of us had the steak though - I just remember my yummy salmon and the fabulous cheddar cheese soup.:slurp:

CSOM

Complete agreement with everyone else here. Went to LeCellier in August, nice place, not impressed with the steak. I think I had the NY Stip (not sure) but it was kind of tough and overly fatty. The restaurant is nice, but it's definately not one of my favorite places to eat in the "World". I may have to check out the Yachtsman now after reading this.... :animwink:

westie

Le Cellier is very good. Try the prime ribe with the cab-sav reduction sauce, its to die for! And they were nice enough to give me the recipe!

lukacseven

Ruth Chris' is a bit lacking...there are really no places in WDW to find a REALLY GOOD steak, in fact, Charlie's is probably the only place in the area. le Cellier does have a gerat atmosphere, and the steaks are better than average. I've always felt Artist Point is the best steak place in WDW for both atmosphere and food.

polyman 65

The best prime rib Ive ever had was at Dixie (Riverside)food court for there Friday night prime rib special Yum!:slurp: affordable price great atmosphere and I dont have to tip(I hate to tip)short walk back to my room.:lol: Now Im hungry:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom