Le Cellier information/

civileng68

Account Suspended
Can someone give me "ALOT" of information on Le Cellier.

Is it all it's cracked up to be?

let me know about the atmosphere.

Also about the food (I've noticed Disney has places with great atmosphere and food no better than any other place). Does Le Cellier have better steaks than most?

Im a big eater, what should I get at Le Cellier? PS: I love steak!

Does anyone have pics? The websites just dont have many pics of it.

yodathefrog

Me and my family have eaten there 3 times on our journeys to WDW over the years. It had changed a bit in those three times, but it is still one of our favorite higher scale resteraunts at any of the parks. Their best menu item is the Prime Rib, but they do have good steaks as well. They won't be the best you've ever eaten, but are on the same level as Outback. Salads were okay, but they do have a Potato soup that is out of this world. I would recommend trying it, we've never had a bad meal yet, but then again we have been totally blown away either. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

CrackerJack

We went there last September on my birthday. I really enjoyed it, although I cannot say it is the best steakhouse I have ever been in.

The pluses: the cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread. Both are excellent !! There is a recipe for the cheese soup in the latest Disney magazine and I need to take the time to make it.

The atmosphere: Dark. Wooden. The tables seemed to be a little tight, but you could probably say that about most Disney restaurants.

The steak: I would rate it somewhere between Outback/Texas Roadhouse (low end) and Ruths Chris/Mortons/St Elmos (high end). I went with the filet and it was very good. They had a decent surf/turf special but neither one of us was that hungry. They have bigger steaks than the filet but I cannot comment on the quality.

Overall I thought it was a very good steakhouse but not excellent (but I have been to some pretty high quality/expensive steakhouses). I would definitely go back again, but there are so many restaurants on property and I don't make it down there that often, so I will probably check out other places on our next visit. Definitely get priority seating if you go, or you probably aren't getting in.

Upvote 0

johnvree

The last time that I went was in 1998, so it certainly may have changed. But when I went, it was outstanding. The food was really good and my steak was great. I like the atmosphere. It's dark and cool, but it can be a nice change of pace. We will be eating there again in May.

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
Original Poster
anniversary

I made PS for our Anniversary night. We normally eat at San Angel Inn but finally want something different. We also ate at CRT and want something different.

Will this offer a decent, relaxing, dark, romantic atmosphere?

Upvote 0

madalex

Re: anniversary

Originally posted by civileng68

Will this offer a decent, relaxing, dark, romantic atmosphere?

Decent - yes
Relaxing - somewhat
Dark - again, somewhat (but less San Angel Inn)
Romantic - again, somewhat.

It's a popular and crowded, sit down restaurant inside Epcot. Other than Bistro de Paris (the upstairs, fancier restaurant at the France pavillion), all the sit down restaurants at Epcot have always seemed a bit hectic and crowded to me. I like going to them, but they would not be my first choice for a truly relaxing, intimate, romantic dinner.

If that is what you are looking for, try one of the resort restaurants, such as Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club (really great steaks and a short walk from Epcot), Citricos at the Grand Floridian, Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge, or even Shula's at Swan or Dolphin (I can't remember which, but also a short wlak from Epcot with great steaks). All of those restaurants will be more expensive than Le Cellier, but also more likely to result in a relaxing, romantic dinner.

Upvote 0

CrackerJack

San Angel Inn is definitely a quieter, darker, more relaxed, more romantic atmosphere.

Le Cellier has much better food imho and the atmosphere is probably second only to San Angel Inn (for Epcot restaurants).

Upvote 0

Steamboat_Kevin

Le Cellier was an all around great dining experience. The exterior is brilliant (on the building, they made the bottom windows bigger and the upper windows smaller? this creates the illusion that the building is larger than it actually is) The interior is beautiful, like someone said, it is quite dark, but its very relaxing. The food was delicious, I had a steak of some sort, and it was exactly the right size for me and it was the best steak I've ever had. I also LOVED the dessert, which was chocolate mousse shaped like a moose!
IMO its a 5/5 restaurant :)

Upvote 0

lukacseven

Was just there, and have eaten several times in the past. The atmosphere gives you a pub feeling, with a little more of a formal setting. It is intimate, but is by no means a quiet place to enjoy dinner. Food is good, although the menu has been limited somewhat from what it once was. They at one time featured several game plates as entrees, but did not when I was recently there. For a real steak lover, I'd recommend Artist Point at WL. It's a very nice upscale dinner experience...quiet atmosphere with great viwes.

Upvote 0

Pippa

I LOVE Le Cellier! Ate there in 98,00 & 03. Every time had a great meal, the fact that it has no windows is nice as you get sensory deprivation from the park for a bit. Yes I would say its quite romantic and be sure to tell them its an anniversary. Its been my birthday there twice and I had Happy Birthday sung to me and a free dessert! The bread that comes with the meal is good and I love their steaks and for dessert try the maple creme brulee...delicious!

Have a great meal!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom