Le Cellier Dining Plan Question

grmax5

Original Poster
I was looking at the menu for Le Cellier and for our upcoming trip we have the dining plan. The menu is separated into Appetizers, Entrees, Sides and Desserts. Do we get to choose one from each section? I know normally it is 1 Appetizer, 1 Entree and 1 Dessert but the entrees do not seem like they come with sides so do we get to choose a side as well. For 2 DDP credits, I hope so....

Thanks for your help!

Weather_Lady

Unless you're on the deluxe dining plan, you don't get an appetizer.

If you're talking about the regular Disney Dining Plan, your meal is one (non-alcoholic, non-specialty) beverage, one entree and one dessert. No substitutions. If you want an appetizer or a salad or a side, you'll have to pay extra for it. The only exceptions to this rule are buffets (e.g., Crystal Palace, where obviously you get whatever is on the buffet) and prix fixe meals (e.g., Cinderella's Royal Table) that include an appetizer as part of the prix fixe price. (Check your menus carefully, as some prix fixe arrangements are not covered by the dining plan).

According to this review (see the comment section at the end), sides are definitely not included in the DDP at Le Cellier. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/...celliers-new-dinner-menu-what-should-i-order/

I agree with you that it seems logical and reasonable that a side dish should come with your entree, particularly when you're paying a small fortune for it, with or without the DDP. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Frankly, if your goal is to maximize the value of your DDP credits, you may be better off spending your 2 credits elsewhere. The Serious Steak at Raglan Road (DTD) is hands-down the best one I've ever had on property (granted, I've not been to LeCellier so I cannot compare the two), and Raglan Road is a 1-credit restaurant with live entertainment, and then you'd have a credit left over for Tutto Italia, Chefs de France, 'Ohana, The Wave, Sanaa, etc.

Last edited:

Sl8500

I would not use 2 credits for this. We ate there last year and were extremely disappointed. I read so many good reviews and heard great things about it, but we had a terrible waiter and the steak was only average.

grmax5

Original Poster
We do have the deluxe plan. I did not see in the review link above that sides are not included but I may have missed it..... If anyone has any recent experience eating here with the deluxe dining plan and ordering of sides that would be appreciated.
Thanks!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I do agree it's not worth 2 credits, but you should definitely get a side. All the menus I'm seeing include sides. I actually can't think of a single restaurant where I didn't get a side with the entree on the dining plan.
http://allears.net/dining/menu/le-cellier/lunch-dinner
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/le-cellier-steakhouse/menus/

No you only get the "Entree". If the Entree had sides already then yes you get them but if not you have to pay extra for sides.
Me and DH love Le Cellier and it is a must do every trip for us. We prefer them over Yachtsman by far. The only other steak we love on property is Jiko and we have dined at almost all the Signature restaurants on property.
We just purchase the appetizer, sides, etc extra when we go to LC due to the regular dining plan only including Entree, and Desert etc. Even if we are not on the dining plan we still always make a ressie and dine at Le Cellier!! :)

lilclerk

No you only get the "Entree". If the Entree had sides already then yes you get them but if not you have to pay extra for sides.
Me and DH love Le Cellier and it is a must do every trip for us. We prefer them over Yachtsman by far. The only other steak we love on property is Jiko and we have dined at almost all the Signature restaurants on property.
We just purchase the appetizer, sides, etc extra when we go to LC due to the regular dining plan only including Entree, and Desert etc. Even if we are not on the dining plan we still always make a ressie and dine at Le Cellier!! :)
I don't mean the extra sides section on the menu, but how some of the entrees come with potatoes or vegetables. Those aren't included in the dining plan? You just get a steak now? That's ridiculous. I haven't been to Le Cellier since they went signature.

I have purchased extra sides or an appetizer outside of the plan, I know about that.\

Edit: I just re-read the OP, I see they meant that sides section of the menu now. I was talking about what already comes with the entree. My mistake!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I don't mean the extra sides section on the menu, but how some of the entrees come with potatoes or vegetables. Those aren't included in the dining plan? You just get a steak now? That's ridiculous. I haven't been to Le Cellier since they went signature.

I have purchased extra sides or an appetizer outside of the plan, I know about that.\

Edit: I just re-read the OP, I see they meant that sides section of the menu now. I was talking about what already comes with the entree. My mistake!
Yes we have been many times since it turned signature as recently as this past December.
The sides thing that's what I was saying most entrees have something as a side. We always order one of the "extra" sides as well and pay for it like you have also. Sorry if it seemed like I was saying you don't get anything with it lol. :)

DisneyDebNJ

As other posters have stated, if you are on the regular Dining Plan, that covers the entree, non alcoholic drink and dessert. Sides are extra. We have always loved Le Cellier but definately do not think it's worth 2 credits. Yachtsman's Steakhouse is WAY better. Regarding sides for your entree, if you want to switch out mashed potatoes for fries, they will do that at no extra charge, but if you ordered, say, a side of poutine, you would be charged extra. We have actually ordered a side and paid out of pocket. It was big enough for three of us to share.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom