Le Cellier Booked Through June!

Foolish Mortal

Richie248 said:
Thiss will be my first time dining!!

I GUARANTEE it won't be your last :lol: Once you try it your hooked.

I made my PS for 10/1 the 1st day it was available for booking. Had to have dinner here for my birthday !!

Richie248

Foolish Mortal said:
I GUARANTEE it won't be your last :lol: Once you try it your hooked.

I made my PS for 10/1 the 1st day it was available for booking. Had to have dinner here for my birthday !!

I keep looking over the menu and I'm torn between the Steak and Pork, although I may add a second visit to Le Cellier later in my trip. I still have one night without a PS!

MinnieMommy

Silly Question???

OK, this may be a silly question, but here goes...
We will be at WDW the 2nd week of December. We have the Dining Plan and are planning on using one TS for the Candlelight Processional at Le Cellier. I'm concerned that the Processional information does not come out until mid summer. Will we be able to still get in? Do they set aside some tables for the CP Package? Am I freaking out too much?? I am a terrible plan-a-holic! Help, please!!! :brick:

pinkrose

I feel sure (but am not sure) that they do set tables aside for the CP. But, getting Le Cellier for the CP is like booking breakfast at CRT. You have to call as soon as the phones open on the day they go on sale. It fills up fast.

Number_6

I've been to Le Cellier twice. The first time, the service was very good(our waiter looked like an older Dan Radcliffe, so he said people just call him Harry Potter:lol: ) and the food was great. The second time we went though, it was the complete opposite for the service. We saw our waiter once when he took our drink order and once when he took our food order. We didn't see him for the rest of the meal. I had finished my drink by the time my main course came out and couldn't get a refill until he came by after we had finished our food, presumably to ask if we wanted the check. He offered to get me a refill, which I never saw, and then we just skipped dessert and paid our bill. I was going to use the CM discount, since I worked at Disney at the time, but that would have given him an automatic 18% tip, so instead I paid the full price for my meal and left him a .01 tip. My family just won't go back there at this point because of that experience.

Foolish Mortal

Richie248 said:
I keep looking over the menu and I'm torn between the Steak and Pork, although I may add a second visit to Le Cellier later in my trip. I still have one night without a PS!

Go for the steak ! The seasoning on it is unlike anything I've had before or can describe. They used the same seasoning on the beef kabob I had as an appetizer and I was like, wow that was pretty good. Getting it on the steak was like the bonus plan. You won't be disappointed. And save room for the chocolate whiskey cake for dessert :slurp:

maconMouse

We had an ADR for a late lunch here today and I was just amazed by the crowds! There wasn't an empty table in the restaurant at 2:30 pm. The level of customer service we got has definitely changed in the last several years too because of it. Our server even apologized for not having time to talk to us, and seemed so rushed the whole time. We hardly ever spoke to her at all, and our glasses weren't refilled like they used to be.

The food was A+ as always, but I miss the old days of customer service of not so long ago at Le Cellier. I guess the Dining Plan has changed all of that though. Perhaps they need to hire more cast members who can focus on fewer tables.

dxwwf3

I bet Disney wishes that they built a bigger restaurant at Epcot when they first built Le Cellier. Anyone else remember the cafeteria style of the old Le Cellier :lol:? It was ok, but whoever came up with the idea to change to its current format probably saw a promotion or two.

aamove

Le Cellier is at the top of our list for places we want to eat at. Only one more week until we can start making ressies.

MinnieMommy said:
OK, this may be a silly question, but here goes...
We will be at WDW the 2nd week of December. We have the Dining Plan and are planning on using one TS for the Candlelight Processional at Le Cellier. I'm concerned that the Processional information does not come out until mid summer. Will we be able to still get in? Do they set aside some tables for the CP Package? Am I freaking out too much?? I am a terrible plan-a-holic! Help, please!!! :brick:

No they do not set-aside tables, I was there last year and heard people complaining about the same exact thing...

As for getting reservations on the day your there, always stop by guest services and ask, or my little secret.......If you are staying at a concierge room, ask your concierge to get you a reservation. You will be shocked at the results, and dining where ever you chose.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think there's some confusion...

Le Cellier will create an inventory for any given day based on their staffing, turn-over, etc. Since it's 180 days out, it's not exact and if it was a smaller restaurant, they'd end up staffing CM's based on what was left unbooked prior.

This is kinda of what it looks like, (number of people at table)xtables ...

Seats: (1-2) / (3-4) / (4-6)
Time...
11:00 0 / 2 / 3
11:15 2 / 1 / 2
11:30 4 / 0 / 1
11:45 2 / 0 / 0
12:00 0 / 2 / 3

This would be based on a 1hr turnover, and thus repeat the pattern every hour. It's not exact, and it's tweaked, but it helps explains the rest.

There are rules!

First, there's not every table at every time. If you call as a party of 2 and want 11 or 12 on the hour, you'd never get it because it never existed. Restaurants vary, and table sizes often overlap, but at places like Le Cellier, they firmly reserve 4tops for for parties of 3-4 only. The general rule is that leaving more than 1 seat open at a table is a no-no. You can see with 4 though, the options are at the 6t or the 4t.

So, you can see how with people calling in and getting ressies, certain party sizes will be locked out until XX date. That happens frequently, but also it can be all tables are gone for everyone. That happens a lot too.

Now, Candlelight Processional...

They'll have the regular inventory like above, but it will have fewer than normal number of tables. They know CP is coming. Then there will be a seperate CP inventory. Three actually. Each special inventory will relate to which showing of the CP you're going to see. The 5pm show will eat afterward and the 8pm will eat before.

Secrect: Some restaurants don't offer some showtimes. Always be flexible in your showtime if you want to do CP.

So, why CP is so hard is that you're fighting to get a subgroup of the inventory that even smaller. Yes, they do still make restaurant ressies without CP during the CP, it seems absurd but not everyone wants to see it and capacity prevents it too.

Also, the capacity of the theatre is 900something, split amoung all of the participating restaurants. Le Cellier's share goes quickly, and well.. how do you suppose they fill up Marrakesh around the Holidays? It's not the festive food offerings...

So, booking a table prior to candelight starting booking will do you no good. It wont hold a table. The table booked has to come out of the CP's own inventory.

One last thing: Day Of.

The Day Of a CP, there will be extra seats in the theatre still available (sometimes, not always). These seats are unclaimed tables scattered throughout the inventories of the restaurants, or a mass of single-seats left open at table (lots of parties of 3 booked tables for 4). When CP books, the theater itself is a "mass" inventory that just ticks-down person by person unlike tables that go away in chunks.

If the theatre has 4 people open in it's own inventory for a showtime, the regular inventory at restaurants will be allowed to use it. This only works Day Of a show. So, if Le Cellier has a table for 4 within a time period that could eat and see a show reasonably (i beleive the rule is 2 hours before or after showtime) then it can be booked as the CP package.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Foolish Mortal

brisem said:
Finally, got a reservation at Le Cellier and that's because I was able to extended our vacation.

I've never met you, but I like you already. Anybody willing to extend a vacation in order to get a reservation is o.k in my book :lol:

brisem

Foolish Mortal said:
I've never met you, but I like you already. Anybody willing to extend a vacation in order to get a reservation is o.k in my book :lol:
It's the only restuarant my wife wanted to go too. SO now everyone will be happy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom