Laufschneller65's Magic Kingdom

Should I move the Lands around to give the park a "New" feel?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Laufschneller65

Original Poster
Today I will be giving out the base for my BTMRR
This version will be different than any other version of this ride to come out yet! The largest diffrence ,that will be the most noticeable, is the appearence of the mountain. It will not have your typical southwestern appearence to it. Instead it will be themed to a "Smokey mountain" type theme. the mountains will have dense fir trees that the train will wiz in and out of. the reason for this is I want the park to have it's own flaver. The rides theme and story will run around a mine shaf that you are stuck in when a large earthquake hits and you are trying to find a way out. I wan to add some earthquake affects that are more believably with fallling rocks that are brought back up with wire between trains. The Railroad around the park will also run through this atraction with a diaromma of the smokey mountains. I just want the guests to have a diffrent feel for that frontier america. its not only desert and indians. It's also based on the east coast. well thats my plan at least. sry for the bad writing skills. im realy tird from doin my HW. and i need to nap. please place any ideas u have below.

Dr.Seeker

I like the way you're thinking, it's a good idea to rework these ideas, as we can all get bored by cookie cutter copies of Disneyland. They're EVERYWHERE now :lookaroun

Laufschneller65

Original Poster
Yea I know. I want my park to resemble Disneylands atractions but I want my park to have its own essence to it where a person who has been to the other parks but is not as educated as some of us can look at a picture and directley link it to the park Im designing. and not any of the other parks. The only place that at the moment seems to resemble Magic Kingdom the most is my tomarrowland because Im having problems designing a land that will be old the day after tomarrow:p . It's like a never ending cycle that has been difficult for imagineers to do in times past. I think WDW does a fantastic job with their rendition of tmarrowland in that it represents a more fantasy filled rendition of tomarrowland than the other parks do.

BTW, due to my recent trip to Kenneywood near Pittsburgh. I'm making my BTMRR a wooden roller coaster! (They are much more exciting than modernized, newer coasters).

Laufschneller65

Original Poster
Tommarrowland:

I took out the tomarrowlad tower thinking that it was way to big to fit in my theme park. The design of tomarrowland will be similar to WDW with the TTA but the rest will have its own layout. The entrance of tommarrowland will be very mechanicle looking. the entrance sign will use state of the art fiberoptic lighting to give it a futuristic look. The guest will look into tommarrowland down the line and see alot of metal, bright colors, and movement. The guests will see in the distance the Orbitron set abot a large pillar of movement that includes the TTA below and a rotating restaraunt below that.

The restaurant will have glass walls all around with a single elevator in the center from which the waiters and waitresses bring the food from the kitchen below. With this design, the guests will get a full unubstructed view of tommarrowland and it will give guests on the outside that continuouse sense of motion. and of course this spinning motion will also compliment the spinning of COP and Orbitron.

The largest Icon of coursewill be that of Space Mountain. This version will be a modern coaster much like the one in Disneyland Paris. But it will also include pinpoint lighting to attract guests attention throughout the ride. The Exterior will be made of futuristic steel beems with holes cut throughouot to give make it match the design of the buildings in the front of tomarrowland. And to give it extra flair at the end of the day, The entire mountain will be wired with florecent lights to keep it in tune with the rest of tomarrowland. This mountain will also express the theme of motion on the exterior in that blinking lights will travel from the outside base to the top, where the antennas will be in costant subtle motion not to take away from the rest of the mountain.

Other interesting parts of this land include:

-The Carousel of Progress which will have it's ever rotating exterior, with a more futuristic approach when it comes to support beams and quene. The interior will also have a more modern feel in the auditorium, but the anamatronics and actions themselves will be duplicated almost exactley like the origional. including the orrigional future scent from the 60s and a 2 new updated scenes. One from present 2000's and a new future scene.(more on this later.)

-TTA this will start as I said under the orbitron where it will continue to transport guests around tommarrwland giving guests a brief history of the atraction its self along with a history of Walt Diseny's vision for the future.

-Tomarrowland Speedway. THis rendition of the origional speedway will be completely diffrent in that the cars will run on electricity and will be guided through the course with lasers and not a metal guide way. The cars will be completely futuristic in design and will all feature working headlights that will help guide the quests during the nightime when the car is wizzing through the darkness. there will be few, if any, lights lighting the track after dqark. to give the guests a feel as thogh they are driving through the countryside in the future, not a racetrack.

-Startours will be a whole new ride in which I will expand apon later (if anyone wants to help with storylines youare more than welcomed.) it will be completely new and feature more of the newer movies.

So that's what I have for now. As I said Feel free to post your Ideas or concerns regarding this park. All Complaints, Criticisms, Ideas, Drawings, and questions are welcomed!!!

Dr.Seeker

I'll do some concept art for you, though at the moment I'm doing the Mann-Whitney 'U' test on my Psychological coursework results arg! Don't ask. Keep up the ideas. Speak soon.

Laufschneller65

Original Poster
well thanks for the offer. Just keep ur school work in the front of your schedule. I sure know how hard it is to keep up even if u don';t have other things clogging your schedule up. well ttyl. Ill have more ideas comming your way!

Laufschneller65

Original Poster
Hello all!!! Well... all of those who are reading my thread.
Sorry I haven't been providing updates lately. I've been really busy with Mid-Terms and writing papers. So I'm just going to give a little update on what you can expect next on this thread.

First off is a Nighttime spectacular show!
I've been trying to come up with a name for it and I've only drawn blanks. The show will be located in Pirates cove where there will be a battle between the fort sitting atop the mountain (which is a replica of the one in "pirates of the Caribbean, and sits atop the ride) and the pirate ship. There will be more on this later.

Next will be a major post of all of my concept art once I receive my scanner in the mail and I'm able to post them w/o them shrinking so small.

After that, I will also unveil a new attraction in Fantasyland!!!

so keep an eye out on this thread and get ready for what's coming!

Laufschneller65

Original Poster
Sorry for my lack of updates lately. I've been busy with school work. I am totally changing the show to incorperate it more into a Fantasmic type extravaganza. It will incorperate the best of both shows and it will be located behind the entrance and facade of my pirates of the carribean. The show seating will be set up much like Disney Studio's version. The show will not only incorperate the different scenes and music from the many different movies, But it will also incorperate the different music and scenes from the various rides and lands. At the end of the show the boats carrying the diffrent Characters in the show will travel down the River's of America to guide the guests out. well more later on this. please post your opinions!

Dr.Seeker

Hey, this keeps getting better and better :), the best ideas are usually old and new ones put together. Keep it up, and I will try to continue mine as well.

Laufschneller65

Original Poster
Well Thank you for the compliment. I too agree that the best ideas are the Old and the new combined. Hence the reason I prefer the Dark rides with modern twists to them. such as your Incredibles Ride. I plan on keeping the park layout relatively the same. I only moved the lands on the left side of the park. but then again arn't all of the parks diff. in that respect. I also plan on somehow bringing the Rivers of America to Fantasyland and of course through the rest of the lands in the park.Im thinking the moat around Beauty and the beasts castle will be tied into this somehow. well I'll try and get all of my concept up soon!

Laufschneller65

Original Poster
I will be getting ito adding more attractions/ideas as soon as finals week is over. then it's a one month christmas break for me, Yay!!! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom