Latest you been in a Park

Astro_Digital

Original Poster
I was saying in the Pop Century... The Magic Kingdom was closing at 1:00 AM but they had 3 Magic Hours for the resort guests and they did not kick us out until 4:00 AM.

The next day the Magic Kingdom opened at 7:00 AM with a Morning Magic Hour......

Did not have much sleep that night but really there were not that many diehard Disney nuts crazy enough to stay in the park to 4:AM. No smiles on any cast member :dazzle: You just basically walked on everything :eek:

I always liked the Magic Kingdom Magic hours the best. They have more attractions open than the other parks; in contrast Animal Kingdom they have a few rides in Dinoland and Bug's Life please !!! Everest is open but still hardly worth staying.

Have any of you done any long night like this?

I wonder just when the Magic Kingdom turns the lights up on this type of night and does maintance?

typhoonguy

I've worked an overnight deployment shift in the past. Came in at 8PM, left the next day at noon. MK was open for E-ride until 4AM, then we had EMH the next morning at 8.

psuchad

Is it just me or do you think the MK is spooky at night? I was suprised at how poorly lit the park was at night.

goodolgm

It definitely is spooky at night. Walking through Adventureland by yourself, after the area music finally shuts...it IS freaky.

Maleficentesq

Got locked in at Epcot

Didn't really stay that late, had late reservations at the living seas this past October. We were staying at the Beach Club walked to the back entrance and security guard had to unlock the gate to let us out. Very neat indeed!!! This was the neatest trip ever. Got locked in. Got a magical moment, Mom had to be evacuated off POTC by the Reedy Creek Fire Department. (She was fine the ride broke and we needed to walk up some stairs to get out and she can only take a few steps without her wheelchair.) They gave us about 30 fast passes for the inconveince. I got a "ticket" from the security guard going in Epcot one day I was cited for being "Goofy" And we got to take my sitster a single mom and her two boys and my mom to Walt Disney world and Stay at the Beach Club. WOW!

Robfasto

Epcot at 3AM... of course I was working there and took my lunch by walking around the lagoon...

In the old days the Magic Kingdom was open until 1AM all during the summer and we would be on Main Street until they ran us out at 2AM.

Recently it was Epcot at 10:30 after eatting a late dinner in World Showcase and walking out... :)

WDWFigment

Stayed in MK until 2am after the park closed at 1am.

We actually rode Splash Mountain 3 consecutive times (without de-boarding) the last of which concluded at about 1:10am. There was no one else on the ride.

poohbear6103

Stayed in MK until 2am after the park closed at 1am.

We actually rode Splash Mountain 3 consecutive times (without de-boarding) the last of which concluded at about 1:10am. There was no one else on the ride.

We stayed in the park till 2:00AM and I have to agree with WDWFigment, the best is when they let you do consecutive rides without deboarding. We also got to do that on Splash. It was great :) That and running in and out of Space Mountain over and over again.

Frosty689

Is it just me or do you think the MK is spooky at night? I was suprised at how poorly lit the park was at night.

AHH! You just brought one of my favorite Disney memories back from the forgotten part of my mind! ONE of my favorite times, is extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom, with nearly no one there. I love the feeling of walking by the hall of presidents and adventureland, it makes me feel really relaxed and as though I'm really living in that time period or outside in a village (i guess it's an adrenaline rush, as well as relaxing.. weird). The theming, and lighting Disney provides during the night time, reinforces the magic for me.

I also love World Showcase at night during extra magic hours. All of the nations just look so remarkable.... I'm having Disney-withdrawl Syndrom as we speak =(. 58 days :slurp:

JEDIsney

The latest I ever stayed was until 2AM at the Magic Kingdom. The Extra Magic Hours were that night, and after the first showing of Wishes, we basically ran back and forth from Space Mountain to Splash Mountain and then back to Space Mountain. Our feet hurt by the end of the night, since we were going from Tomorrowland to Frontierland and back again, but it was totally worth it. Around 1:30, we just stayed with Space Mountain and rode it seven times in a row until they closed for the night. One of my best memories at Disney, I'd have to say.

PBarton

About 2:00 am, during the MK Extra Magic Hours..

Before we discovered the joys of staying on property, we had to use bus transportation provided by our hotel. There was one bus in and one bus out each day...

We thought nothing of arriving at the MK for 7am and staying right through until 1am - without leaving the park! We did this nearly every day for the whole 14 nights of our stay - what a test of stamina!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom