Latest News/Rumors : Shanghai Disneyland

HKDisneyland

Original Poster
It was reported that the future site of Shanghai Disneyland is close to cemetery in the town of ChuanSha, Pudong. The land is now rumored to be being cleared, about 7,000 residents are getting ready to move.

According to the well-known "FengShui" master (who also worked for HKDL on "FengShui"),he said the rumored site is very good, a good location in terms of good "Feng Shui".

for more details of the location: Click here
<!-- / message -->

jrriddle

"Close to a cemetery" is good "Feng Shui"???
Have none of these people seen Poltergeist?

But seriously, I wonder what the park will be like now that Lassiter has a say in things at WDI?

CaptainMichael

It is a bad idea to build next to a graveyard. The Louisiana Superdome was built on top of one. The New Orleans Saints and Katrina Victims have had nothing but bad luck inside.

Wendell

Both of my parents were born in China and I have many relatives that I know would clerarly not be interested in attending or going to a shopping mall, apartment building, office tower or even theme park built on or near a former cemetery. There is just too many superstitions that go with it.

The first time my grandmother came to visit us in America, the first thing she said when she came to our home was, " Had anyone died in this house before?" Lucky for us, it was a brand new home.

Back to the Feng Shui master though, I would have to wonder if this guy could be maybe taking Disney et al for a "ride". If this is the same guy who picked the auspicious location for HKDL, how does he or anyone else explain and reconcile the obvious unrest and unhappiness that continues to be generated at this Park, even during the best of times like Chinese New Year.

Based on what I have been taught by my parents, the Chinese Lunar New Year is supposed to be one of the most auspicious times of the year with only the best of feelings and luck being shown and expressed to each other.
It's a time for happy celebration, yet the best that the chinese could exhibit at HKDL was rioting and arguing.

You could easily say that this was all unforseen and just a product of a bumpy start-up, however, these reports are all consistent with what has been happening since the opening last year. It has just become more comical as time has gone on.

For example, how many of the other parks around the world have had to deal with an unruly or discontented Cast Member who scaled the outside of Space Mountain in protest? I couldn't think of any Cast Member else where interested in harming the Show in a such a high profile way.

Not very auspicious and hopefully they could find another place to position the new Park lest they want a repeat of what is currently taking place, only worse.

I offer this as just a little bit of insight,

Wendell

jrriddle

Wendell said:
Both of my parents were born in China and I have many relatives that I know would clerarly not be interested in attending or going to a shopping mall, apartment building, office tower or even theme park built on or near a former cemetery. There is just too many superstitions that go with it.

The first time my grandmother came to visit us in America, the first thing she said when she came to our home was, " Had anyone died in this house before?" Lucky for us, it was a brand new home.

Back to the Feng Shui master though, I would have to wonder if this guy could be maybe taking Disney et al for a "ride". If this is the same guy who picked the auspicious location for HKDL, how does he or anyone else explain and reconcile the obvious unrest and unhappiness that continues to be generated at this Park, even during the best of times like Chinese New Year.

Based on what I have been taught by my parents, the Chinese Lunar New Year is supposed to be one of the most auspicious times of the year with only the best of feelings and luck being shown and expressed to each other.
It's a time for happy celebration, yet the best that the chinese could exhibit at HKDL was rioting and arguing.

You could easily say that this was all unforseen and just a product of a bumpy start-up, however, these reports are all consistent with what has been happening since the opening last year. It has just become more comical as time has gone on.

For example, how many of the other parks around the world have had to deal with an unruly or discontented Cast Member who scaled the outside of Space Mountain in protest? I couldn't think of any Cast Member else where interested in harming the Show in a such a high profile way.

Not very auspicious and hopefully they could find another place to position the new Park lest they want a repeat of what is currently taking place, only worse.

I offer this as just a little bit of insight,

Wendell

And fascinating insight it is.
Thanks Wendell.

cherrynegra

Disney denies park deal with Shanghai

So which is it? Yes or no???:hammer: :lol:

Walt Disney Co on Wednesday moved to quell speculation that it is on the verge of reaching a deal with the government over a proposal for a Disneyland theme park in Shanghai, according to Thursday's China Daily.

"There is nothing new to report on the progress of Shanghai discussions," company spokeswoman Allanah Goss was quoted as saying. "The Walt Disney Co has not reached an agreement with Shanghai to build a second theme park in China. If we were to reach an agreement for a second park in China, it would not open before 2010.

"China is a priority for the entire company and we have a continuing dialogue about a variety of Disney initiatives, including television, motion pictures and consumer products, of which theme parks are only a part."

The Shanghai municipal government on Wednesday refused to comment on whether negotiations were taking place.

Rumors of an impending agreement reached fever pitch on Tuesday after Robert Iger, Disney's president and CEO, was quoted on Hong Kong Cable TV as saying talks with the Chinese government were "ongoing."

On Wall Street, Disney stock climbed almost 7 percent by the market's close on Tuesday, its highest price in six months, but company spokeswoman Allanah Goss was quick to dispel any ideas that an agreement was imminent.

HKDisneyland

Original Poster
According to various sources, these are the latest...(rumors?)....:

A Mainland Chinese Company and Disney have set up a Joint-venture for the Theme Park project in Shanghai. Disney owns 51% and the Chinese Co. owns 49%.

Agreement hasn't been reached yet between Disney and Mainland Chinese Company (or the Chinese Government; or they need to get approval from the Chinese Government). But Disney would be providing the capital, technical expertise and goodwill, whereas the Shanghai based company will be providing the piece of land.

Construction might start in 2008.
Disney Shanghai Park might be open in 2012.
1st year annual attendance : 7million.
Shanghai Government might also need to build an extra train station.

Wendell

"whereas the Shanghai based company will be providing the piece of land."

hahaha LOL :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Looks like the jokes on Disney! Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom