Latest Mouse hole rumors (Fantasia 2006, Lilo and Stitch DVD and TV Show)

Justin149

Original Poster
these are the latest mousehole rumors:

Fantasia 2006

Roy Disney apparently has confirmed to the July-August issue of the French magazine, "Animeland" that a 3rd Fantasia is indeed under development. Even though the movie is currently being called Fantasia 2006, it will probably not keep that title. That only gives us an idea as to when it will be released.

For those of you who don't remember, Fantasia was the only animated film that Walt Disney wanted to see go on and on. He envisioned the movie being re-released every few years with some new musical numbers put in and some old ones taken out. That way it would constantly be changing. But when the original film didn't do as well as he had hoped in the early 1940's, Walt shelved the idea. The Disney studios revisited this idea in the 1990's and Fantasia Continued was born.

The concept of Fantasia 2006 is that the music is wonderful all around the world, it will regroup the music from many countries from Africa to Argentina. Roy said that one segment inspired by the Andersen tale "The Little Match Girl" is already finished.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LILO & STITCH ON DVD IN JANUARY?!

Although it was supposed to be released before Christmas, Disney has pushed back the DVD and video release of Lilo & Stitch so they can make the set better! Much like the releases of The Emperor's New Groove and Atlantis, expect both a Special Edition and a Collector's Edition DVD when they hit shelved on January 18, 2003.

Now, the picture that you see to the right, is NOT from Disney. It was taken from an auction on ebay where someone was selling "official Disney DVD's" of movies that were not available. These are fake and if you notice by clicking on the link below, the auction was cancelled shortly after it started. It's still kind of fun for a laugh at what some people try and get away with. I'm not sure which is worse, the person who

FAKE Lilo & Stitch DVD Auction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STITCH! - THE MOVIE
&
STITCH! - THE TV SERIES

Mr. Potato Head’s 2nd childhood.

Stitch! - The Movie & Stitch! - The TV Series are 2 different projects. But they are tied together almost as much as The Return of Jafar & Aladdin - The Series were. You see, Stitch! - The Movie is an introduction to Stitch! - The TV Series. When we left our characters at the end of this summer's movie, Dr. Jumba Jookiba and Pleakley have moved in with Nani, Lilo and Stitch while Cobra Bubbles keeps everything in line (this is the cliff notes version, alright people?) Well, Stitch's real name was Experiment 626. In the new movie, thru a series of unfortunate accidents, the other 625 experiments that Dr. Jumba Jookiba created, crash land on Hawaii and one by one, are activated. If you thought Stitch was bad, remember, he was a success. Who knows what Disney has in store for the other 625 experiments. (Does anyone else seem to remember a story similar to this one back in the 1980's called Gremlins?) Anyway, apparently all the original voices are back for the Direct to Video sequel.

Stitch! - The TV Series seems to be a Pokemon knock off to me. The series, which will roll out on Disney Channels and Disney-branded TV programs thoughout the world, will have Lilo & Stitch searching for Jumba's other 625 experiments and helping to turn their nature from bad to good, finding places where each can belong and contribute to the community. (See, replace Lilo with Ash, and replace Stitch with Picachu and the other 625 experiments as other Pokemon and you'll understand that Lilo & Stitch gotta' catch 'em all!)

----------------------------------------------------------

thats all for me
-justin

NowInc

A few things i can sorta tell you when i did my time with the mouse::

Fantasia = Yep...I saw tons of concept sketches they were working on for this..so i can pretty much tell ya that its gunna happen...2006 is also a very realistic deadline....

Stich - the series - yep..gunna happen..but im not too sure on the story line..i left shortly before they finalized that...

Stich - the sequal - Also confirmed..but again..not sure on the story since that wasnt REALLY an option until way after i was gone...

..on a side note...for us floridians....we are now basically the MAIN animation studio. so keep taking those animation tours...and in the 2nd room in the toor...towards the right...there is a bookshelf with a bunch of binders on it.....read the titles on those binders and you'll know the working titles for the next 5 or 6 disney movies.......they havnt cought that "mistake" yet..and i remember when I was there thinking it was a BAD idea...

jmarc63

Originally posted by NowInc
A few things i can sorta tell you when i did my time with the mouse::

Fantasia = Yep...I saw tons of concept sketches they were working on for this..so i can pretty much tell ya that its gunna happen...2006 is also a very realistic deadline....

Stich - the series - yep..gunna happen..but im not too sure on the story line..i left shortly before they finalized that...

Stich - the sequal - Also confirmed..but again..not sure on the story since that wasnt REALLY an option until way after i was gone...

..on a side note...for us floridians....we are now basically the MAIN animation studio. so keep taking those animation tours...and in the 2nd room in the toor...towards the right...there is a bookshelf with a bunch of binders on it.....read the titles on those binders and you'll know the working titles for the next 5 or 6 disney movies.......they havnt cought that "mistake" yet..and i remember when I was there thinking it was a BAD idea...

Now some Exec is going to read this and change this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom