Late trip report (sorry...) May 27th-June7th

Hi, guys!
Sorry for posting this trip report so late, but it took me some time to recover from my return from Orlando... Does it happen to any of you? Like, when I have to come back from Orlando, it seems that I am being forced to leave home, and I feel truly sad. This time it was unbearable... But ok, now I am able to talk about my trip again! :)

Day 1 (MAY 27th) - Took the airplane in Rio de Janeiro at 7:45 am (had to be at the airport at 4... :fork: ), 8 hours flight to Miami, plus 5 hours drive to Orlando, plus all the time spent for baggage claim, immigration, car rental, one stop for a snack... Arrived in Orlando at midnight.

Day 2 (MAY 28th) - Met up with wannabebelle at AK. It was awesome! She is really a great girl! We went straight to the Lion King show. Much better now, closed theater, AC, great show! Lots of fun! Then, Safari. We were lucky, many of the animals were really up close. Great pics. We took a look at Everest, it seems awesome!!! I just can't wait! And WOW, it's high! Next stop, Primeval Whirl. Guess what? We managed to break it (as Marie said :lol: ) and had to exit by the stairs! Well, at least we got fastpasses for Dinosaur, it had just reopened. Of course, I screamed like crazy, and the picture came out horrible, as always. Richard was smiling. How can someone smile at a Dinosaur? Then, Marie and I rushed to catch Tarzan, great show! We had to say goodbye, Marie had to go home... I had lunch at Pizzafari, met up with may aunt again, and went to the MK!!!!! My favorite place on Earth! I felt so good to be back home! Went straight to Splash, but the line was too long... Went to Philharmagic then. The best 3d movie I have ever seen! Fantastic! Of course, I cried... That's not a surprise, I get moved by anything Disney, specially Donald Duck, my favorite character! He is awesome in the movie, and HE is really the protagonist! Got a fastpass for BTMRR, and got in line for Splash. 40 minutes. Worth it, except for the hopping AA and the water effects on the Laughin Place scene, that weren't working... :mad: Walked around Main Street, watched Spectromagic and..... WISHES!!!!!! The most beautiful thing I have ever seen! I couldn't stop crying! I managed to take good pictures though. I couldn't believe I was really at Disney! Well, I went home really tired, but it was worth it.

Day 2 coming up soon!
Marie, I will post the pics ______ soon as possible, ok? :)

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
Hello,

I'm glad to see someone from Rio here in the Forums. I was raised in Rio and now I'm living in Orlando. I own Quicksilver Tours & Transportation which is WDWMAGIC's sponsor.

Well, just wanted to say hi.

Regards,

Gregory Nicoals.
:) :) :)

tigsmom

I was begining to wonder about your trip also. :lol: I always need a vacation after my vacation.
Sounds like fun so far. Can't wait to see your pics. :wave:

disneytati

Original Poster
Thanks, guys! I will post Day 2 later today, ok?

Hey, Quicksilver! You grew up in Rio? Where? Actually, there are two people from Rio in the forums: Me and MKCustodial. But I don't like it here anymore... :mad:

Valeu, Rodrigo! A gente tem que marcar de se ver, né? :kiss:

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
disneytati said:
Thanks, guys! I will post Day 2 later today, ok?

Hey, Quicksilver! You grew up in Rio? Where? Actually, there are two people from Rio in the forums: Me and MKCustodial. But I don't like it here anymore... :mad:

Valeu, Rodrigo! A gente tem que marcar de se ver, né? :kiss:

Sorry everyone, just a bit of nostalgia going on here...

I was raised in "Cosme Velho". Nice to know Brazil has it's representatives here in this Forums...
:wave:

By the way, if you needanything while in Orlando do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

disneytati

Original Poster
Well, found some time to connect, so there goes the second part of my trip report:

Day 3 (May 29th) - No parks. Spent the day driving around Orlando, went shopping, went to Walmart for some groceries... You can't imagine how wonderful it is to be able to buy Haagen Das Ice cream! (we barely have it here, and it is way too expensive! :fork: ) And of course, we bought tons of cans of Pringles too! Here it is three times the price or more, and we only have the basic flavors. Got a collection of Pringles to my husband, only the different flavors! I called home. My baby has been missing me too much, hasn't been able to sleep, my hubby called the doctor, he prescribed some soothing drops. I bought her some toys, a toothbrush and a toothpaste (guess how much a good baby toothpaste is here? More than 15 dollars!!!!! Bought it for 2,85 at Walmart.)

Day 4 (May 30th) - Universal Studios. Well, I wanted to see the mummy ride, we had free tickets... I went there to check Mummy and do the best rides. It was boiling hot, more than here in January (for those who know what I am talking about, that's too much!!!!). The Mummy isn't what I expected. The special effects are not that amazing, ok, the mummies are scary, and they jump out at you from nowhere, but once you ride it, you don't get scared anymore. The backwards part is too short even to be noticed, and the coaster part is fun, but it seemed to me like R'n'R coaster without inversions. The fake end is good, but the fire-all-over-the-room part is disappointing. But well, I am a Disney fan, and always compare too much with the Disney attractions. We tried to go to IOA, but it was too crowded, no express passes anymore, huge lines, not much to see outside the rides... Just went to Belz outlet for some shopping and then went home. Cooked some pasta with alfredo sauce, watched TV and went to sleep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom