Late Late Flight In...Anything Open

petersenjp

Original Poster
I probably know the answer to this, but thought I would check. We won't be flying in till 1245am. Is there anything open to eat at this time?

ImagineerDude

Gasparilla Grill is QS at Grand Floridian open 24 hours...not sure where else...if you are renting a car there will at least be a McDonalds on I-Drive open.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Where are you staying or willing to go? I thought there was something open at either the swan or dolphin for 24 hrs, or if you have a car pick something up along the way.

disney4life2008

WOW that is really late. By the time you get to the resort - no. Well I guess it depends on where you stay. If you are at one of the more expensive resorts - I think they have room service or a 24 hour market. The values literally shut down around 1245 - the pop machines as well. Your best best may be to eat at the airport or grab a snack. Then have a big breakfast in the morning

petersenjp

Original Poster
I guess we will be grabbing stuff from the snack machines at the airport :) Oh well, I am sure the snack will taste magical :)

Phonedave

Try looking at the listings here -> http://www.orlandoairports.net/concessions/shops.htm (click the various gates or the terminals to see choices and hours) I do see at least a few 24 hour locations in the main area (McD's and Starbucks) and some of the gates have locations that are listed as being open until the last flight. Don't think you will find much at the resorts open at that time.

Last flight usually means last flight OUT, not inbound. Of course there may still be a flight outbound at 12:45.

My experience is that the people who work at those places that stat open until that last flight leaves start shutting down beforehand, and as soon as that flight pushes off the gate, BAM! they are out of there.

As far as WDW - I always found it odd that resort food courts did not stay open, at least in limited form, until at least an hour or two until after the last park closed, and that there was not a 24 hour "grab-and-go" of things like sandwiches, drinks, microwaveable stuff, etc. available. WDW tries so hard to keep you on property, and not give you the means to get off property, you would think that they would do something along these lines.

-dave

MickeyMomV

We are kinda in the same situation flying in at 11:00. By the time we get our luggage and get to the resort it should be after midnight. We will just do travel snacks. The last thing we want is McDonalds gut rot on our first day in the world.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There is a McDonalds on Buena Vista Drive, not sure if that is open 24 hours. Nothing, other than the quick service restaurants mentioned - Gasparilla Grill and the one at the Poly - will be open at that hour since by the time you get to your resort (am assuming you will be using DME) it will be probably be closer to 1:30, 2:00 AM. Can you pack some decent snacks in your carryon?

petersenjp

Original Poster
Last flight usually means last flight OUT, not inbound. Of course there may still be a flight outbound at 12:45.

My experience is that the people who work at those places that stat open until that last flight leaves start shutting down beforehand, and as soon as that flight pushes off the gate, BAM! they are out of there.

As far as WDW - I always found it odd that resort food courts did not stay open, at least in limited form, until at least an hour or two until after the last park closed, and that there was not a 24 hour "grab-and-go" of things like sandwiches, drinks, microwaveable stuff, etc. available. WDW tries so hard to keep you on property, and not give you the means to get off property, you would think that they would do something along these lines.

-dave

I have to agree Dave. I have always been surprised that there isn't something more readily available per resort 24/7. When I worked nights, my eating schedules where all messed up. I tend to eat smalls snacks through out a 24 hour period versus huge meals. I am really surprised Disney doesn't keep things open, even just in scaled down versions, at each resort.

MickeyMomV

I have to agree Dave. I have always been surprised that there isn't something more readily available per resort 24/7. When I worked nights, my eating schedules where all messed up. I tend to eat smalls snacks through out a 24 hour period versus huge meals. I am really surprised Disney doesn't keep things open, even just in scaled down versions, at each resort.
It seems like they would be able to keep the coolers/grab and go items open and one bank of soda fountains.

NiarrNDisney

Many of the restaurant in DTD now DS still offer food up till around 1:30am though mostly just snacks

As mentioned before there is always the three Hess Stations found around property

There is a Gooding's Market as well as a few restaurants (TS and fast food) in Crossroads shopping center

On property

Dolphin - Picabu (open 24 hours)

Grand Floridian - Gasparilla Island Grill (open 24 hours)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom