Late Extra Magic Hours

WDWFan2018

How does Disney control the EMH at night? What is to prevent someone who is not at a Disney resort from just staying? I feel like that is more easily controlled in the morning when everyone is entering the park.

KaliSplash

exactly. You are free to stay and eat and shop and walk around and look. But you won't be able to get on anything. So most people leave shortly after the EMH begins

Upvote 0

dieboy

Due to family that works there and annual pass holders, and essentially a bed and breakfast about ten minutes from the parks ;) I have not been to an extra magic hours in about ten years :(

Is it still worth it with all the extra rooms added over the years?

Upvote 0

beachlover4444

Due to family that works there and annual pass holders, and essentially a bed and breakfast about ten minutes from the parks ;) I have not been to an extra magic hours in about ten years :(

Is it still worth it with all the extra rooms added over the years?
I think so especially if you can get a really discounted room, we had Pop Century twice in the last year for under 100 bucks and then parking was free and they gave you money back for opting out of cleaning the room. I too have a castmember family who gets us in and I work for Hilton so I get my team member rates and usually stay off property. But a trick I did was stay my first night of the trip on property. I was able to link her account to mine and we were able to book fast passes in advance and I got the extra magic hour the day we checked in and the day we departed so we got 2 extra magic hour advantages on a 1 night stay. You can go to the hotel on check in day, park the car, hop on a bus and go to early extra magic hours as well. And yes lines move much faster without fastpass line slowing it down.

Upvote 0

dieboy

I think so especially if you can get a really discounted room, we had Pop Century twice in the last year for under 100 bucks and then parking was free and they gave you money back for opting out of cleaning the room. I too have a castmember family who gets us in and I work for Hilton so I get my team member rates and usually stay off property. But a trick I did was stay my first night of the trip on property. I was able to link her account to mine and we were able to book fast passes in advance and I got the extra magic hour the day we checked in and the day we departed so we got 2 extra magic hour advantages on a 1 night stay. You can go to the hotel on check in day, park the car, hop on a bus and go to early extra magic hours as well. And yes lines move much faster without fastpass line slowing it down.

Thanks that is awesome. Honestly, its been soooooo long since i actually stayed on the property, i would enjoy a night or two I think regardless. Even one night, I could check in in the morning asap and just go to a park, pack a small overnight bag and just leave it in the trunk, come back mid day enjoy the hotel (its weird I miss them so much) for a while and go back to the park for extra hours, stay in hotel, check out asap in the morning, toss my bag in the car, and hit a park, this time go back to my folks mid day, and park for extra hours that night.

Dang that is genius! Thanks for the tip :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom