Late Check-Out?

Iris

Original Poster
If I had a later flight and wanted my room for a few extra hours, does Disney offer late checkout? If so, how much do they charge? Thanks.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
If I had a later flight and wanted my room for a few extra hours, does Disney offer late checkout? If so, how much do they charge? Thanks.
They do (or did?) offer it on a case by case basis. I'd speak to the front desk the day before you check out and see if your request can be accomodated. We've never done a late check-out so I'm not sure there are associated fees.

Club Cooloholic

I think it sometimes comes down to your room location, because they don't want to have to send house keeping back to a building or floor if they are going to be done.
I will say that usually we can get a noon check out and occasionally a 1pm one.
If I recall some of the resorts have changing areas and showers in their pool areas so you can check your bags bring a backpack with your change of clothes and hang out out by the pool.

jaklgreen

I have never been able to get late check out approved for some reason. I don't ask often, only when I have a really late flight, but not once have they OK'd that, even during the slow times, when I know that they are not booked up.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Really just depends on if they need your specific room asap.
Not sure what time you're thinking but generally they consider "late check out" to be 12:30pm . If your flight is at 8pm and you want to stay in your room until 5pm that's likely not happening.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
It’s possible, not probable though. You need a back up plan for sure.

While PlanDisney isn’t always 100% correct, this answer looks accurate:

”Staying at a Disney Resorts Collection hotel is such a unique experience that it is hard to say goodbye! If you would like to enjoy your Guest room a little longer, contact Front Desk at your Disney Resort hotel to request a late check-out past 11 AM and, if available, they will inform you how much longer you can stay. Although Cast Members do their best to accommodate Guests, please note that requests are not guaranteed. If you still have time to enjoy the magic after leaving your Guest room, Bell Services will be happy to hold your luggage for you until you are ready to head back home.”

Recently someone on Reddit was very upset over no guarantee to get a late checkout to let their baby take an afternoon nap. They proceeded to take out their circumstances on WDW and even their airline and fellow plane passengers. Lol. As if this was some violation on their parenthood. Easier on everybody including themselves to have a backup plan.

JIMINYCR

As you know the official check out time is 11am. The official check in time for arriving guests is 3pm. Even on the best of circumstances that doesnt give mousekeepers a lot of time to prepare for the large number of incoming guests. The front desk has a list of rooms that are available and can be utilized if needed. Thats why guests cannot be guaranteed to be given certain rooms when booking their trips, they don’t know what and when specific rooms are available. Asking may get you a later time and your being pleasant when asking can help also. But it all comes down to what availability there is depending on seasons and bookings in the system at the time.

Club Cooloholic

It’s possible, not probable though. You need a back up plan for sure.

While PlanDisney isn’t always 100% correct, this answer looks accurate:

”Staying at a Disney Resorts Collection hotel is such a unique experience that it is hard to say goodbye! If you would like to enjoy your Guest room a little longer, contact Front Desk at your Disney Resort hotel to request a late check-out past 11 AM and, if available, they will inform you how much longer you can stay. Although Cast Members do their best to accommodate Guests, please note that requests are not guaranteed. If you still have time to enjoy the magic after leaving your Guest room, Bell Services will be happy to hold your luggage for you until you are ready to head back home.”

Recently someone on Reddit was very upset over no guarantee to get a late checkout to let their baby take an afternoon nap. They proceeded to take out their circumstances on WDW and even their airline and fellow plane passengers. Lol. As if this was some violation on their parenthood. Easier on everybody including themselves to have a backup plan.
If they want the baby to have an afternoon nap, it's called buying another night at the hotel, even if you are only able to use it for a few hours. I recently had a red eye out of LA, and spent an extra $200 on our room so we could just stay in it till 6pm if wanted, instead of figuring out what to do for 6 hours.

lewisc

If they want the baby to have an afternoon nap, it's called buying another night at the hotel, even if you are only able to use it for a few hours. I recently had a red eye out of LA, and spent an extra $200 on our room so we could just stay in it till 6pm if wanted, instead of figuring out what to do for 6 hours.
There some hotels which offer a very late checkout. I think the charge is 50%. Airport hotels sometimes offer day rates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom