Late arrival time on first day

ebjjst

Thank you everyone for your help! We'll just wait until Saturday to attend MNSSHP, and not be so rushed. Any suggestions of what we can do on the day we arrive? We'll be using the Disney buses, and I'm assuming that we won't get into any park until 8PM...or later. We have park-hopper tickets, so the short amount of time on our first day won't effect how many days we can spend at the parks. And we're two adults, traveling with no children. :wave:

brkgnews

EPCOT's a great place to kill time in the evening... walking around world showcase... perhaps a drink or one of the pavilion movies... and of course, Illuminations.

Upvote 0

wolf359

If you're arriving that late on your first day I wouldn't even bother with a theme park. Go for a swim at the hotel pool, have a nice, relaxing dinner at one of the deluxe resorts, and either get a good night's rest or hit one of the clubs at the Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

I would either go to DTD for dinner and a little shopping or hang out at the resort. If you are staying at a MK resort, jump on the monorail and resort hop.

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

We love to Resort hop....every trip we do the monorail loop- stop at all the resorts- look at new stuff- shop all the stores......well worth it!!!! (Sometimes we even catch the piano player in the lobby of the GF!

Or- you can always see which park has extra magic hours and start your trip out with a late night!

Upvote 0
The answer to that question to me would depend on what type of tickets did you purchase.

Do you have length of stay tickets? (IE: 6 Night, 7 Day stay with a 7 Day ticket?) If so, go to what ever park has late EMH, and enjoy either A) The park show finale (show or fireworks) or B) Ride the rides while everyone else is at the show or fireworks.

This will allow you to enjoy some stuff right away.

If you have 5 day tickets but are staying 6 nights (or similar), I'd agree with the rest of the posters to go to Downtown Disney, or the Boardwalk. I would however like to throw out an additional option. Go to the Polynesian resort and watch the fireworks from the beach. It's free and magical.

We personally go to Epcot on late arrival days, and enjoy Innoventions, Spaceship Earth, etc, and watch Illuminations from Futureworld side. :)

Upvote 0
Love DTD the first night - dinner at the Portobello Yacht Club...perusing through the World of Disney store. It just all sets up the Disney mood - and you can get a good night's sleep in time for a park the next day!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom