Last sitting at Cinderella's Royal Table?

actresskat

Original Poster
Hi, Has anyone else noticed on the MDE for mid-september 2016 that dinner is listed as only from 4-6pm? In previous years, during this month, we've been able to dine at 8.50pm etc. Also, we forgot to reserve at 180 days. It's 155 to go. Do you think if I check a few times daily, I'll score an ADR for Cinderella's Royal Table or it is unlikely. Thanks for your help!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You probably picked a MNSSHP night that's why. Try for a night when there is no MNSSHP. Keep trying even if non MNSSHP nights are showing the same because soon they will extend the hours most likely. :)

Jon81uk

Its been reported elsewhere I think that even on nights that don't have Halloween parties they aren't taking bookings for after 6pm at all Magic Kingdom restaurants. Hopefully this will just resolve soon once they work out whats going on. Maybe make the latest booking you can and then check for changes?

actresskat

Original Poster
Many thanks for your replies! Yes, it seems to be 4-6pm for both MNSSHP and non-MNSSHP dates (which means they're losing a lot of bookings). I've played safe and booked an 8pm for August instead, rather than hunt for my actual birthday date.

danyoung56

Could it be that this cutback is part of the overall Disney cutbacks that are being taken to make up for Shanghai Disneyland's huge cost overruns?

tglancy

I wonder if they are going to introduce some sort of "preferred dining plan" with preferred dining times available for people who purchase the plan?

actresskat

Original Poster
It is a little strange. Can only hope that perhaps they haven't updated their calendar to reflect the MNSSHP dates yet and that the non-MNSSHP dates will be released and extended to normal times soon...maybe...

skimbob

Yes but MK on those nights (non MNSSHP nights) are open to 10 or 11pm etc so highly unlikely the restaurants will only be open for reservation times from 4-6pm. Lol ;)
I have found this with Be Our Guest on September 12 which is a non party night. I have always been able to get a reservation for 8:00 or 8:30. I called and they told me that there is nothing showing after 6:00 pm. there. Something is up. The first CM told me it had to do with people coming from the UK. That's right blame them.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I have found this with Be Our Guest on September 12 which is a non party night. I have always been able to get a reservation for 8:00 or 8:30. I called and they told me that there is nothing showing after 6:00 pm. there. Something is up. The first CM told me it had to do with people coming from the UK. That's right blame them.

I know that's what it's currently showing but what I was saying is I doubt it will stay that way and should be extending Times at some point before Sept for non party nights. This is not the first year this has happened and eventually was fixed/changed. I was responding to someone saying its budget cuts possibly and I was saying I doubt with the parks being open on non party nights until 10 or 11 that restaurants will stay closing/not accepting reservations after 6pm. Most likely hours will be extended for restaurants. :)

skimbob

I know that's what it's currently showing but what I was saying is I doubt it will stay that way and should be extending Times at some point before Sept for non party nights. This is not the first year this has happened and eventually was fixed/changed. I was responding to someone saying its budget cuts possibly and I was saying I doubt with the parks being open on non party nights until 10 or 11 that restaurants will stay closing/not accepting reservations after 6pm. Most likely hours will be extended for restaurants. :)
I hope you are right because I was super bummed about not getting a reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom