Last Seating Question

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I noticed that many restaurants have a seating time slot of 9PM even when 9PM is when they are supposed to close. Can anyone fill me in if it has always been like this, and do they give you time to eat, at least an hour?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have found that to be the case in the past. One time we left R&C and it was close to 11 when EPCOT closed at 9. There I think they figured on everybody staying until Illuminations was over at the very least. With everything going on right now I'd book something just a bit earlier than closing time just to be sure I had time to enjoy my meal.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I've done late seating before. I don't ever recall being rushed out. But I've had some bad experiences. I wouldn't recommend that with any buffet or all you care to eat skillet place. You don't have to worry about buffets at this moment.
Thinking Al Forno on the Boardwalk since it is closest to where we are staying(BWV). Our plane doesn't land till 6:30 pm. I figure by the time we get transported by magic Express and check in it will be at around 8:30PM and this might be our only option.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member
Closing time is supposed to be the latest you can be seated and comfortably served. I've had varying experiences from a leisurely dinner with no indication it was after hours, to cleaning staff mopping up next to us and putting chairs on tables. I've found that the amount of time they plan to give you generally correlates with how much it costs to eat there. I wouldn't worry about Al Forno - it's usually pretty full right until closing so they should handle it well.

westie

Being a westcoaster and 9 pm being my 6 pm I always eat late. Yes, no rush. Cool factor is leaving and the park is empty and you usually see a rare Disney kitty!

Jon81uk

I recall eating somewhere on Boardwalk years ago (Spoodles maybe?) and we were very put off as they were cleaning, stacking chairs and laying for breakfast before we had even ordered mains. It was very poor service and off-putting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom