Last Minute Questions

MagicalMonorail

I know I've asked some of these questions before, but I thought I'd ask again due to recent experiences or anyone not seeing them:

1. How is the food/experience at Crystal Palace Character Breakfast?

2. How is food/experience for lunch at Akershus (Princess Storybook Dining)?

3. I have been to O'hana before, but how is the newest menu? The last time I went there was in 2004.

4. How is the Segway tour at Epcot?

5. How are the rooms at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge? I've been to the resort before, but I never acutally stayed there.

6. Will the special flowers still be up for the F & G Festival at Epcot on June 12, after the last day? I already have 2 trips planned to Epcot in a limited amount of time, and I don't want to take 3rd trip just to see the decorations if I don't need to.

7. Is Expediton: Everest more similar to BTMRR or Rockin' Rollercoaster? My mother is very apprehensive about riding it, as she doesn't like "rough" rides.

Thanks ahead of time for any information possible!

Nansafan

I will answer the questions I can which are #4 and #7.

4. My son, brother, son's friend and niece did the Segway Around the World tour last year. They loved it. The first hour included learning how to ride the Segway, getting on and off, stopping, starting, ride around cones etc. The second hour they headed over to World Showcase and rode around before WS officially opened. All 4 of them wished they could have stayed on the Segways longer.

7. Expedition Everest is higher, and faster than BTMRR. It does not go upside down though it does travel backwards for a bit. It is very smooth and there is a part that is completely in darkness.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

orangewarrior

I can't speak directly to any of your questions, but I thought I'd answer about the two character meals, because I have experience at both - just not for the meal you are inquiring.

Crystal Palace (and we were there for dinner) has definitely been the best character meal experience we have had. The characters seem to spend more time with you and there was a character interaction period with a parade around the restaurant. The food for dinner, was above average for a buffet style dinner. I would highly recommend the dinner and certainly be willing to take the chance the breakfast based on what I have experienced in two character dinners there.

We did the Princess Storybook Breakfast two years ago (Nov 2004) and were slightly disappointed. Belle did not appear that day (which I know can happen) but still disappointed my daughter, and the characters seemed rushed and in fact we even had to ask our server to track Aurora down as she had "inadvertantly" missed our table. The food was decent. Even with our disappointment, we are going back to Storybook for Breakfast this year. I just booked it this morning for our December trip. We're willing to give them another try. We considered the lunch this time, but the menu sort of scared us off, a few picky eaters and a food allergy case (but Disney is the best with this) -- and figured we'd go with the breakfast.

So I hope that gives you a little insight. Best of luck.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
#1: Awesome and awesome. The best breakfast I've had in terms of food at WDW, and characters are good also. Only Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore actually walk the floor now, Piglet only appears in the center rotunda (that's what I'm calling it) now.

#5: We stayed at a 1-bedroom in late April, and we were very pleased with the room. The only knock on it was the fact that we didn't have a DVD player, only a VCR, and it was in the living room, not the bedroom.

#6: There's a chance some may be gone, but most should be there, I would imagine. Hard to remove everything in one night.

#7: It's definitely NOT like RnRC or BTMR. It's very smooth. It's more intense than BTMR, but not as fast as the RnRC and doesn't have any inversions. However, the view from the main lift hill is incredible. :D

Upvote 0

kennygman77

We went to Akershus for dinner over Christmas and none of our group cared much for the food. My wife had the meatloaf stuff and I had the venison. Venison was tough and chewy and not much flavor. The princesses were terrific with the kids and spent a lot of time with them taking pictures and chatting. Belle was the best.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I love CP for breakfast (breakfast lazana, yummmy), it is really great, even dinner is wonderful.

EE isn't as bad as RNR. I went on it and if it weren't for the fact that it went backwards a bit, I would have been much better off, but I enjoyed it and have no problem on BTMRR.

Upvote 0

MagicalMonorail

Original Poster
Yet Another Question

I had another question concerning the Segway tour. If I really like it, does Disney offer to sell you a Segway or give you the name of a place to buy it?

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I can answer #4 as well. We've done the Segway tour twice now, and have it scheduled for a third time when we return in October.

It is a blast. One hour inside training, then and hour outside in World Showcase. And up around Germany or Italy they rope off a section and give you some free roaming time. So you do get to tool around for a little bit and get a really good feel for it by the end of the tour.

On both tours they said you can buy them from that company and some specialty stores. Disney doesn't sell them. They always giv an over estimated cost though. Yes, they are expensive, but the Disney folks give yor a full retail price that you can easily find cheaper on the web.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom