Last minute booking Contemporary - club vs ovepriced room

Francy

Original Poster
We are running out of options as we are traveling last minute. We have a few nights at the Grand Floridian but nothing booked for the last night, we have small kids so don't want to trek too far so looks like best option is the Contemporary.

All that is left is a pricey room (Bay View) or a Standard room at Club Level. My question is for $200 more is a club level worth it? I don't think it's worth 2x as it normally is but as the standard room is not even an option we're left with these 2.

Minthorne

Nothing available at wilderness lodge? The boat ride is nice and it's still really close to MK and the monorail loop. Usually is less pricey too!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I stayed club level last year. It's neat, IF you have Magic Kingdom view.

The snacks are pretty good, and the free drinks a nice touch.

But, that being said, I wouldn't pay that rate simply for those amenities alone. Only for the view of Wishes.

And, now that I've done it once, I'll probably never do it again.

Francy

Original Poster
There is no availability at theAnimal Kingdom (Wildnerness Lodge) and guess we figured MK is best since it's close to where we are starting (Grand Floridian), it's a pain enough moving.

The club level room is not facing the Magic Kingdom so no view from our room, but there is the room from the Club Lounge, although...there is no Wishes that night, just the Mickey Mouse Xmas Party which has fireworks anyway. So the $200 would be for extra service I guess (Not sure what that is unless they can help ease our move from hotel to hotel!) and the 3 meals which I'm not sure are really meals rather than snacks. If I keep dilly dallying though there won't be any rooms, just tough paying rack rates!

Minthorne

There is no availability at theAnimal Kingdom (Wildnerness Lodge) and guess we figured MK is best since it's close to where we are starting (Grand Floridian), it's a pain enough moving.

The club level room is not facing the Magic Kingdom so no view from our room, but there is the room from the Club Lounge, although...there is no Wishes that night, just the Mickey Mouse Xmas Party which has fireworks anyway. So the $200 would be for extra service I guess (Not sure what that is unless they can help ease our move from hotel to hotel!) and the 3 meals which I'm not sure are really meals rather than snacks. If I keep dilly dallying though there won't be any rooms, just tough paying rack rates!
Wilderness Lodge is not Animal kingdom Lodge. It is on Bay Lake just behind the CR. It's the next closest to the MK.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

The concierge really can't do anything that you can't already do yourself on a smart phone. They have no special caché of hard to get ADRs or fastpasses. At best, they are a single human point of contact that can set up dining, shows, give info, etc.

Any of the resorts, from value to DVC, will move your bags for you so again, nothing special there.

Francy

Original Poster
Ah okay, didn't realize Wilderness Lodge was in MK..that would have been a great option. But...it has no availability. Not sure if things open up closer to the date when cancellation window narrows.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom