Last Minute ADRs

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Who's the crazy person that decided to add the dining plan 11 days before their trip šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜‚

Long story short, we have the kids meal deal booked for January (free kids meal plan with each paying adult) We originally booked it as quick service and are paying out of pocket for two character meals (we let each kid pick one). At the last minute, we decided we wanted to add one more character meal. Once I started pricing out the cost, we realized it was more cost effective to upgrade to the regular dining plan. Last night I was scrambling to add a table service meal each day and rearrange a few fast passes. Surprisingly, there were multiple times available for the character meals we wanted. We already had Tusker House and 1900 Park Fare booked. We easily added the Disney Jr breakfast at H&V, Garden Grill and Crystal Palace.
We have two days at AK and right now, I have no TS scheduled for our second day. Other than Tusker House, only Rainforest Cafe and Tiffins are showing as available. Rainforest Cafe is out as my daughter has sensory issues and hates thunderstorms. And Tiffins is out as it is two credits and my kids are way too picky for a restaurant like that. I signed up for an alert for Yak and Yeti so Iā€™m crossing my fingers!
We also have an ADR for lunch at BoG. Iā€™d love to switch to dinner but of course, that is booked up as well. So I also signed up for an alert for that!
How successful have you been with last minute ADRs?

carriebeth

Be our guest dinner is two table service credit keep in mind, since you didnā€™t want to spend 2 on tiffins not sure you will want to use 2 at bog. Boma is a quick trip from animal kingdom and a good buffet option with availability usually open.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Weā€™ve always found availability the day before at a wide variety of restaurants, including hard-to-get places. Many people cancel their ADRs the day prior in order to avoid cancellation fees.
This is what Iā€™m hoping!

Be our guest dinner is two table service credit keep in mind, since you didnā€™t want to spend 2 on tiffins not sure you will want to use 2 at bog. Boma is a quick trip from animal kingdom and a good buffet option with availability usually open.

Yes, my thinking is that if I can get a dinner ADR at BoG, then I will use two credits there and not worry about a TS meal on our 2nd AK day šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Iā€™m on the fence about going over to AKL. We use Disney transportation so Iā€™m not sure I want to wait for the buses and do the extra walking back and forth with two little kids.

Nottamus

We have always been lucky with last minute reservation. Granted, we tend to steer clear of the overly popular, overly booked ones...but Instead always head to our favorites.
Boma, yak & yeti, Sanaa...others.

ā€œday ofā€reservations is how we do it now. Because who really knows what they want to eat 6 months from now!

JIMINYCR

Sometimes you just get in at just the right time and luck is on your side. When Ive been shut out on an ADR in my initial booking day I just keep logging in every day and so far hit on getting the one I wanted at some point. You just have to be persistent. With the number of people cancelling trips, changing their minds, switching dates, you do have a pretty good chance of it. The hardest time I ever had was during a free dining promotion period when everyone was competing for spots.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! We are sticking with BoG for lunch. Didnā€™t want to waste 2 credits. I also booked a Chef Mickeyā€™s brunch :)
We are still hoping for Yak and Yeti on our 2nd AK day! Iā€™ll keep checking!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom