Last day?

Twoprincesses116

Original Poster
I'm already going to MK 2 days and the rest of the parks 1 day.

Not sure what to do on my departure day. Don't want to book any character meals or ADRs for that morning.

Any ideas?

Flight leaves at 5pm and staying at AoA.

Thanks!

JS514

I say leave it open with no plans, and when the day comes, there will most likely be something that you and your group wanted to do again, or a park that you just really enjoyed more than usual that you would want to visit again.

Schneewittchen

Monorail crawl with boats - visit shops and restaurants in the Contemporary, Polynesian and Grand Floridian. At the Contemporary, hop on a boat to visit Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. Fort Wilderness has a lot of outdoor activities.
or
Take a stroll around Crescent Lake, visit Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Dolphin and Swan. Eat and shop, repeat.
or
Go to Disney Springs. Catch a ride in an amphicar. Do the hot air balloon. Eat and shop, repeat.

graphite1326

I have had late flights before and spent the morning at one of the parks. Actually few times. However, there were two occasions that caused worry. Once when went to the bus stop at the park there was no bus and we waited quite a while. We were the only ones there. Luckily a CM walked by and said something like "waiting for a bus?". I said yeah and I have a plane to catch. He walked on further and I noticed him making a phone call or what ever they have. A couple of minutes later a bus comes up and the driver says "looking for a ride huh" with a huge smile. So I believe the person walking by made the call. The second time we got to the bus at the park and there were few people already on. But the driver just sat there. We sat for about 5 minutes and I began looking at my watch. Finally he started the bus and took us back to the resort. Now, I don't try to get a late flight and plan on spending the day at the resort before our flight. I would give yourself plenty of time on your return from the park on the last day.

Courtney6682

I say leave it open with no plans, and when the day comes, there will most likely be something that you and your group wanted to do again, or a park that you just really enjoyed more than usual that you would want to visit again.

Agreed, there might also be something you missed or were unable to do at the time..

wdw2011por

We book a late flight out so we can spend the morning at whatever park we fell like going to that morning. We like to maximize park time, so that works well for us. However, we always make sure we leave the park in plenty of time to be at our resort to catch the Magical Express back to the airport. If you want to do a park, I would suggest leaving the park to have lunch at your resort to ensure you are there for your departure time. And if you have time to spare, you could always just hop over to Pop and grab a tie-dyed cheesecake!

correcaminos

Our flights often leave early-late afternoon and we usually go to the parks in the morning before we leave. Though sometimes we do just hang out at the pool and relax.

JIMINYCR

We do MK for the last day but an alternative for you might be to visit Disney Springs. Go through all the shops looking for those souvenirs you missed on getting at the parks, pick up gifts for friends or relatives, or splurge on getting yourself something special that tempts you. ( You deserve it don't you? ) Also pick up some snack items that can easily be carried home with you to give you that taste of Disney for those days shortly after returning home when you are sure to miss it all. There are great places to dine that don't require ADR's and even during the day you'll get some entertainers that are around to add to your enjoyment.

Worldlover71

I would suggest not visiting Disney Springs or doing any shopping on your last day. You will need to be finished packing and out of your room by 11am. You don't want to have to get your bags from bell services and repack in the lobby!

BigRedDad

That means DME will pick you up between 2:30 and 3:00. If you are at a park, you would need to leave by 1PM to be sure to be back at the resort. Nothing wrong with going to a park, but it is a lot of running around. If it were me, I would pick a close park like Epcot or DHS. Epcot would let you slide back to WS a little bit longer. You could leave there around 1:30, walk to BW, and cab back to AoA (maybe $5-$10).

KLinder7

I have had late flights before and spent the morning at one of the parks. Actually few times. However, there were two occasions that caused worry. Once when went to the bus stop at the park there was no bus and we waited quite a while. We were the only ones there. Luckily a CM walked by and said something like "waiting for a bus?". I said yeah and I have a plane to catch. He walked on further and I noticed him making a phone call or what ever they have. A couple of minutes later a bus comes up and the driver says "looking for a ride huh" with a huge smile. So I believe the person walking by made the call. The second time we got to the bus at the park and there were few people already on. But the driver just sat there. We sat for about 5 minutes and I began looking at my watch. Finally he started the bus and took us back to the resort. Now, I don't try to get a late flight and plan on spending the day at the resort before our flight. I would give yourself plenty of time on your return from the park on the last day.
That's why I like staying at the Yacht Club, I can just walk back from Epcot and catch a taxi.

MickeyMomV

We always start and finish in MK. After all that is the park we miss the most when we are not there. We also park hop during our time there and even though we rarely spend a whole day in one park we will spend 6 - 1/2 days in MK on a 7 day trip.

jimbojones

water parks? mini golf? I've probably been to WDW 20 times now and I've never done the mini golf and never been to Blizzard beach. I bet that I'm not alone on missing those things. My next visit those two things are priorities!

UKDisney Dave

I always have an evening flight back to UK, so normally spend the morning in MK, then onto typhoon for a last snooze round the lazy river before heading out to the airport. Always get the ferry boat back from MK, one last look at the castle from the top deck always makes me a little teary! Shhhh, don't say anything, I'm 43, male and British. We don't do tears!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom