Last Day Activities

drjny

Original Poster
I recently checked our flight times on our last day at WDW and saw that it changed to 55 minutes later, so we are now departing at 7:10 pm.

Therefore, What do you suggest we do the last day of our vacation? It will be July 23, 2004.

wdwmom2+1

maybe go to downtown disney or disney quest? or you could do a water park just some ideas :) we usually do downtown disney or seaworld the last day but we are driving so not sure :)

beast

You can go to BoardWalk, visit some of the resorts, dine someplace you haven't visited yet, play miniature golf at either
Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland, take the boat ride from Port Orleans to Downtown Disney, take the boat ride from the Contemporary Resort over to the Wilderness Resort, take a walk from the Wilderness Resort to the Fort Wilderness Resort, go parasailing at the Contemporary Resort, spend the day at your resort's pool.

Check out the following link for more ideas ...

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...OtherRecLanding?id=OtherRecreationLandingPage

NemoRocks78

Seized
DisneyQuest would be a nice thing to do, if you got there by the time it opened, and did everything inside, you should finish by 3-4pm, giving you plenty of time to get to the airport. You could also just visit a park again, go to a water park, do some mini-golf, maybe visit an outlet shopping mall (Orlando Premiere Outlets is the closest one, also the best of them all). There's many thing you could do. Have fun on your trip, and on whatever you decide to do! :D

johnvree

Where are you staying? That might make a difference. If you are staying at one of the monorail resorts, I'd go to MK. This way you can load your stuff into your car in the moring, leave it at the resort and, when you finish at MK, simply hop on the monorail and go straight to the parking lot and leave. Same thing if you are staying at one of the Epcot resorts, just go to Epcot. I would be careful going anywhere where you were dependent on bus, unless you build in some extra time.

cherrynegra

On my last trip to the World, our flight left at 5:00 pm. So we loaded up the car, and then spent the day at Animal Kingdom walking the park and really taking the time to explore all the nooks and crannies and exploring all the exhibits. I think it's a good idea to hit whatever park you feel you didn't get enough of. MK wouldn't be a bad idea either. But don't forget to give yourself time to get to the airport and through the security procedures.

DCL

My last day of the trip, my family and I always go for beakfast at Tony's... and then walk through all the shops and grab popcorn on the way out of the park! We spend the rest of the time at the hotel by the pool.. and of course, we went with a last round of soda from those refillable mugs!!

johnvree

Originally posted by drjny
I will be staying at the Beach Club Villas in July.

OK here's what I would do. I should have asked you if you will have young children with you.

If I had my kids with me, then I would pack, leave my luggage with the resort and then take a bus to MK. I'd stay there til about noon hitting any rides we missed or favorites a second (or third) time. Then I'd hop on the monorail to Epcot and work my way through Future World. Exit at the Inter'l Gateway and walk back to the BC.

If I didn't have my kids, I'd pack, leave my luggage at the resort and then take a friendship to Epcot. I'd spend the whole day there and then take a friendship back to the BC.

Have fun.

plutoguy32

We always packed, left the luggage with the hotel and went to our favorite park for a few hours. Hit your favorite attractions for a few hours. Then we headed to Downtown Disney for any last purchases and one last meal before heading home.:D

If you aren't willing to pay to get into another park just for part of the day, then I would go to the Boardwalk and rent one of those bike-thingys. Then I would go to the pool and play at one of the minature golf courses.

weluvtink

We do a breakfast at one of the resorts. It keeps the magic going a little and helps the kids wind down before we have to start driving home.

David

We always have night flights too so as to have as much Disney magic as we can. On the last day, we pack a carry-on bag with a change of clothes and store it in one of the lockers at the pool. (We usually stay at All Stars). We can then check out, go to the park, ride anything we like, and mid afternoon come back, get our carry-on from the locker, take a shower and are ready for the flight home. It's a little more trouble, but it's worth the effort if you want to go the parks for the day.

barnum42

Last day I wear my convertable cargo trousers. During the day they are shorts, for the trip home I attach the legs and they become more suited to the colder climes of England.

marchofthecards

Last Day stuff

Hey!

I always say, the last day should be spending left over dollars and just to shop. Hit Main St USA with the plastic!

All those things you meant to get but couldn't carry at the time, or wasn't sure if you had enough funds to get it...

Then, one last trip on the monorail....por favor

Then stop by the Gourmet Pantry at Downtown Disney for a cheesecake , yum-yum (Its Calorie free due to all the packing you did the night before, and all the running around you have done, the carrying shopping etc..), then do some shopping elsewhere in Downtown Disney!

This way, it is like easing yourself out of the magic less harshly. Nobody wants to, of course, but reality hits at the airport, partiularly your home airport, so better prepare for it.

Doing les shopping during your days in the parks, means you have more time for shows and attractions. Disney shopping is always fun, but best done at night on the way out of the parks, or your last day.

Then close your eyes, give WDW a great big hug and it's not Goodbye, but "See ya real soon...." :wave:

Be Positive!

And don't forget to go anti-clockwise ALWAYS! :eek:)

Simesx

:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom