Last call for Boats and Parking lot trams

cursivesailor

Thinking of using the boat to get from HS to Epcot one evening. HS closes at 8 where as Epcot doesnt close til 11. Will the boat still be running when Epcot closes? Will we be able to get back to HS to get our car? Will we have to walk the whole lot at that point? Should we just drive? We have 6:00 fast passes at HS and 7:35 reservations at Le Cellier. So I thought the boat would be great to get right into the back side of epcot. And its something we have never done before so that might be something fun. But I worry about how we are going to get back to our car.

Thanks!

JohnD

Whenever Epcot closes, if you stay until 11pm, you should be fine taking the boat from the Int'l Gateway back to HS. Trams typically run until about 10:30. So you may not have access to a tram when you return. But with few people to navigate around, you'll just have to walk a little more to get back to your car.

Upvote 0

Worldlover71

I'm a bit concerned about you using a 6pm Fastpass at HS and making it to your reservation at 7:30 at EP. Just because the FP is for 6 doesn't mean you get on the ride at 6. There will be some wait time and then the length of the ride. Then, you will probably have to wait for a boat and they are notoriously slow and make many stops. (They also do not run if there is lightning anywhere in the area.) It is possible to do it but you are working with very little margin of error. Hope it all works out for you!

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Thinking of using the boat to get from HS to Epcot one evening. HS closes at 8 where as Epcot doesnt close til 11. Will the boat still be running when Epcot closes? Will we be able to get back to HS to get our car? Will we have to walk the whole lot at that point? Should we just drive? We have 6:00 fast passes at HS and 7:35 reservations at Le Cellier. So I thought the boat would be great to get right into the back side of epcot. And its something we have never done before so that might be something fun. But I worry about how we are going to get back to our car.

Thanks!
Worse comes to worse you can walk from epcot to HS. It's a hike though. Honestly you might want to drive from one to the other you are worried about walking. I am pretty sure all the parking lot trams will not be running by that time

Upvote 0

JohnD

Rockin Rollercoaster

I have to agree. Your schedule is VERY tight. Can you move the FP earlier? If not, to maximize your time, DO NOT BE LATE for your FP and make sure to scan your MB at 5:55 exactly. In short, do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Make a beeline for the exit and boat as soon as you ride.

Upvote 0

cursivesailor

Original Poster
Yeah, thats the plan. Theres no earlier fast passes for RR, but we are going to try to do standby earlier. If so, we will skip the fast pass. We can always drive, I just thought the boat would be a nice change since we have never done it. But its not a must do sorta thing. We are gonna hope for the best, but are still flexible if it doesnt work out.

Upvote 0

Dave B

You will make it if it is Rockin Rollercoaster, be there 5 minutes early, you will be off the ride by 620-630 at the latest, there is no way it takes more than an hour to leave park, enter Epcot and get to La Cellier, in fact take the boats or walk depending on your preference, and just know that if you are 10-15 minutes late to La Cellier they will still except your reservation, but I would bet you would be early

Upvote 0

psusemichel

Since you’re ending the day at EPCOT, why not park there in the morning and take the boat to HS? That way you don’t have to worry about getting back to HS especially if you stay until EPCOT closes. My experience has been that the boats go to the park an hour after closing. So, after 9 pm, the boat will stop at Swan & Dolphin and then head back to Boardwalk / Yacht & Beach before returning to EPCOT. This may have changed, but I got caught in the same scenario and ended up getting off at Boardwalk and walking the path to HS to get our car.

I agree with others it will be tight but doable. Also, most restaurants give you a little bit of leeway so if you’re a few minutes late you shouldn’t lose your ADR.

Upvote 0

sdemore

I don't know if this is the correct place to post but... Due to health issues my husband must use an EVC for our upcoming trip. We will be staying at the WL and want to know if the EVC can be used to board the boats or must we depend on bus transportation? Any information will be appreciated.

Upvote 0

cmb5002

In my opinion, the only leg of the boat trip that saves you significant time is HS to Swalphin. If you're tight on time get off there and walk the rest of it. Those stops at Yacht and BW take forever and we usually beat the boats.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom