Large groups and MM+

Nubs70

I am currently pondering going along with my daughter's orchestra group as a chaperone.

It is about a year or so away. They will be staying off site and be in the parks and recording studios.

My question is how is MM+ going to work for a group of 75-100 people.

Should I volunteer my WDW knowledge or sit back and let those,in charge figure it out? After planning for a family of four, I think I may start drinking heavily now and most definitely on the trip.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I assume they will be exploring the parks in small groups not a giant block of 100. Most of the kids should have access to a smart phone and they should be able to handle their own MM+ once they have access to their tickets

Upvote 0

J_Krafty24

Probably best not to complicate matters by trying to treat a large school group as a small family trip. Chances are most students and other chaperones would prefer to just go with it instead of having their entire vacation planned out for them. The people who come on this board for research are not the average guest.

Upvote 0

smk

BIG undertaking to chaperone that group of kids!I would expect this trip to be fast paced and busy, not relaxing at all. Fun, yes.

How does she feel about you possibly going? When my kids were teens I did not also assume they wanted us parents around. My daughter went to Dublin, Ireland to play with the marching band on St. Patty's day when she was a junior in High School. After the parade they all went on a 7 day excursion around the whole Country. I would have given my right arm to go! We just decided that as scattered brained as she was she had to learn to keep things together and not loose her passport all on her own!! I did however see the photo evidence of a group of kids who were so well behaved in my presence but on their own, at night they tried to break every rule. Those chaperones must have been exhausted! Something to keep in mind!

Upvote 0

HolleBolleGijs

It can't hurt to offer up your WDW knowledge! I would ask them if they know about FP+, or if the trip is being organized by a third party who handles that part of it...plus, if you show them you're a WDW expert, maybe they'll decided they need someone as smart as you to be a chaperone :)

When I went with my senior class (pre-MM+), we didn't get our tickets until we were on the Magical Express (maybe even after). So I was concerned about how FP+ would work for future classes, since I doubt my high school's administration would change that policy because of something as relatively minor as fastpasses. But from what I've heard, they were able to reserve FP+ ahead of time, so in the end it worked out, but I don't know exactly how that worked.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

I have never done this but know others who have. They said what they did is as soon as they found out who was in their group ( 2 chaperones for every 10 kids) the chaperones picked the rides and set everything up for the kids and they just waited for rides they did not have FP's for.

Upvote 0

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
It also depends on the age of the kids. I was assuming the orchestra were teenagers who would most likely be touring without chaperones directly supervising them in the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom