large group attempting all 4 parks in one day.

chrono2300

Original Poster
i live in orlando for college and i frequent disney at least 3 times a month, this weekend i have about 9 people coming up from miami (my hometown) some of which have never been to any disney park. they want to attempt all 4 parks on saturday.

with me as their 'tour guide' i dont even know where to begin.

what would u consider the "mandatory" rides/shows we should attempt this saturday?

your opinions would be greatly appreciated

e4ymod

I have done it before... but alone. It's much different with a group. People want to pe.e at different times. Some people don't ride certain things. It's going to be a bit difficult. But not impossible. Especially if you can take advantage of EMH.

List of MUSTS for a 1st timer:

MK:
Jungle Cruise
PotC
Splash Mt
BTMRR
HM
IASW
Space Mt

Epcot:
SSE
TT
MS
Soarin'
A walk around WS

MGM:
ToT
RnRC
GMR

DAK:
EE
Dinosaur
KS
KRR

Stick to counter service meals to spend as much time as possible on rides. As a nighttime show, watch RoE.

disneywy

It can be done...I did an 8am to 1am day in all four parks with some friends. Make sure you utilize FastPass and use it wisely. Only get it if the time is not too far out and be sure to get in line for something else while waiting. Maybe even keep everyone's tickets so that someone doesn't lose theirs. Also, this way you don't have to show them how to use the machines. You just get all the passes and hand them out when needed.

Also, don't get your heart set on any doing any specific attraction. With a group you always have to go with the flow. Maybe pick out one or two top attractions in each land to do or try to do. Another thing is end with which ever park closest latest so that you maximize the time you have during the day.

Laura

A couple weeks ago I left Magic Kingdom around 3:00 p.m. and then did Mission Space, Soarin, Tower of Terror, and Rock N Rollercoaster, had a sit down meal, and then saw Spectro, Wishes, rode SEE, and watched Illuminations. I didn't think it was possible to fit so much into 6 hours, but it wasn't all that bad actually.

orlandorealtor

My old college roomate came down for a few days. We blocked out Saturday for a trip to Epcot. He hadn't been to WDW since the early 80's and certainly isn't a "Disney person". At the last minute I suggested a one day park hopper and that I could give him a taste of the entire resort in one day. Surprisingly, he agreed.

At first I was going to leave out the Magic Kingdom entirely (calm down...I know). Honestly, there was going to be quite a lot of bar hopping and the MK just didnt fit in the schedule. By the end of the day (8:45a - 12:30a) we had done all 4 parks...with 5 stops.

We started at Epcot when they opened, utilized Fast Pass, and went on Soarin', M:S, and Test Track. Then off to MGM for TOT, RNRC, and MuppetVision. Mind you there was a lot of stopping involved for libations and food. And quite a lot of, "that's a really cool ride but....NO TIME".

After that we went to Animal Kingdom for Dinosaur, It's tough to be a bug, and we did one of the jungle trecks...forgot which one. We stayed there and lingered until closing. Back to Epcot for Spacechip Earth, American Adventure, Wonders of China, Drinks, and Illuminations.

The MK was open until midnight so we shot over there and to my surprise there were no lines!. We saw Splash, Pirates, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Snow White, and Philharmagic in under 2 hours.

Then it was off to Friday's for the late night happy hour until the lights came on. Once I sat down I almost couldn't get back up. That was one long day.

I think it went pretty well, while we didn't sit down the entire day, it was my goal not to rush but to allow him to get a feel for the parks and take in the atmosphere.

Pongo

I did it last June with my friend. It was very challenging and very tiring. We got to do what we expected to do, which wasn't much.

We didn't eat at any restaraunts, just snacked from the carts around the parks.

It was very hard. Best of luck.

I went with a group of 8 friends one week a couple of years ago and learned some things about groups of people. Don't let anyone try to wear dress shoes or heels. They must wear comfortable shoes meant for walking or you will be stopping to listen to someone whine alot. Also, you might tell any smokers to quit for the day as this takes up alot of time as well, not to mention they should quit for good anyway.

Kwit35

That will be very difficult to pull off. I would pick two or three things in each park. A walk around WS takes half a day (since everyone will want to shop and look around). Because of this, I would skip it or just go to Mexico and Norway for the rides.

e4ymod said:
I have done it before... but alone. It's much different with a group. People want to pe.e at different times. Some people don't ride certain things. It's going to be a bit difficult. But not impossible. Especially if you can take advantage of EMH.

List of MUSTS for a 1st timer:

MK:
Jungle Cruise
PotC
Splash Mt
BTMRR
HM
IASW
Space Mt

Epcot:
SSE
TT
MS
Soarin'
A walk around WS

MGM:
ToT
RnRC
GMR

DAK:
EE
Dinosaur
KS
KRR

Stick to counter service meals to spend as much time as possible on rides. As a nighttime show, watch RoE.

Remove GMR and put in Star Tours.

goofyfan13

Ghostbuster626 said:
Remove GMR and put in Star Tours.

I disagree, if I have time I always try and get new people on to both of those rides, and they seem to have a good time regardless of how old and cheesy they can be.
So I would say try and put both in there.

Sledge

Account Suspended
I'm suprised how many people say you can do all 4 parks in one day even if you only hit the big stuff. Maybe on a really slow day?

dumboflyer

Unless it's a slow day and/or you're willing to skip things, it'll be very difficult with 9 people.

We did the 4-park day last Wednesday, the 8th. We didn't get to our 1st park until 10am and we had 1 person in our group with 2 artificial knees, but we still did the following:

AK:
EE
EE
EE
Flame Tree Lunch

--Bus--

Ep:
SSE
M:S
[Soarin' fastpass x2]

--Friendship Boat--

MGM:
RnRC
RnRC
ToT

--Friendship Boat--

Ep:
Soarin'
Soarin'

--Monorails--

MK:
Cosmic Ray's (to visit Grandparents seasonal there)
HM
PoTC
JC

--Water Taxi--

'Ohana :slurp:

Needless to say, we were quite tired by the end of the night, especially when we woke up the next morning to be at Epcot at 8 for the Segway Tour!

Bottom Line: It might be tough, but it's worth a shot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom