Large fountain drink cups removed from Magic Kingdom?

mwlillie

When you do the math the cost per ounce of soda in the regular cup as opposed to the "large" allows for 30 percent more profit per ounce of soda (not including the lower cost of the smaller cup). So, the bean counters once again increased profit by eliminating a lower profit ratio item.

I have no doubt the next "big" thing for Disney will be not allowing outside food and drink into the parks.

If you read Disney Corp filings on the various financial boards you would see that the compensation packages for senior VP's and up are all based upon profit growth and profit ratio's. Since a lot of the exec's will be leaving with Iger (or rather replaced when his replacement comes on-board), this era of cost-cutting and profit ratio enhancement will continue for the next 18 months or so.

I expect the average cost of a day at Disney (tickets, hotel and food) in increase 14 to 19 percent over this indicated time period.

disney4life2008

Caseys, a regular cup is 3.69 (something like that). My coke was gone in 5 gulps. This is ridiculous! My hope is they are bringing unlimited refill cups. I don't mind paying 3.69 for a regular cup but the fact i can't get a refill is traumatizing. I prefer fountain not bottles.

disney4life2008

Since the spring where has there been a change at WDW which has been beneficial to the guest? This is just one more in a series of financially motivated changes which negatively affect the guest experience

Disney now needs to stock only one size of cup this will probably save a couple million per year as now they will only need only 2/3's as much water/syrup/ice and eliminate an item and they will probably raise the price of the drink as well

Yep, by July that small cup will be 3.99.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom