Large Crowds in Early December??!!!

Cinderella1976

Hi Everyone!! We will be in Disney December 1-9 and I booked the first week because I assumed it would be a "slower" time of the month to visit and we would be able to enjoy all the Christmas festivities without it being overly crowded, but a friend of mine tried to book a vacation for the same week and she could not get a room at any of the resorts!! I even tried to upgrade my rooom @ GF and the operator told me there are no rooms left at the GF! I spoke to Pam @ Kingdom Konsultants yesterday and she said it will definately be more busy than usual for that time of year! She also had trouble getting rooms for her clients. If any of you guys are planning on being there that week I hope you made all your dining reservations & purchased your tickets for MVMCP!:lol: Also, has anyone ever been at Disney that time of year in the past? Where the crowds manageable? I just hope it won't be as bad as July.

KKnopf

We're going Dec. 10-16. We chose the second week because we saw on a website that those pesky cheerleaders will be in the parks for another competition. (We got stuck with them during our visit last February and it was...unpleasant - to say the least.) That may be why you're seeing rooms booked up. Sorry.

THOSE pesky and RUDE cheerleaders are the reason why we opted for a moderate instead of All-Stars this year... we had the unfortunate experience of staying at All-Stars with them in 2002. NEVER again, I have never seen such rude and selfish girls in my life as those cheerleaders, and their chaperone's were no better. The football players on the other hand were WELL behaved little gentlemen.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

It seems that from the week of thanksgiving through the end of the year the parks are going to be very crowded. I'm sure trips will be fun all the same though.

Upvote 0

Keyblade Holder

Arent the cheerleaders there every year? We went the first week of Dec in 2005 and while they were loud, we managed to stay out of their way. I'm sure it will probably be the same as last year. I can deal with a 20 min wait for RNRC.

Upvote 0

disneymojo

We always go the first week and a half of December and even though you have the Cheerleader stuff going on and Pop Warner, it doesn't really seem that crowded. The only ride we waited longer then 20 minutes for was Soarin'. Everything else was walk on or a very small wait. I was worried about the resorts being full last year, but it really wasn't a problem. I hope you have the same luck we did!

Upvote 0

kennygman

My girlfriend and I are going down Dec 2-9. When everyone talks about a large crowd, are we talking about a large crowd by December standards? Or are we talking somewhere in the 4th of July range? I'd just hate to wait 2 hours to get on Splash Mountain. Been there, done that...

Large by Dec standards. Locals are in school. Weekends can be a bit busier though. 1 hour max wait on Super attractions is likely during Pop Warner. Use your FP for those and ride Dumbo, Indy and Aladdin early in the day.

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

I'm not going to read all the posts before me. Sorry. Here was my experience from last year...

I've heard for years how wonderful early Dec. for low crowds while experiencing the Holiday Magic. The crowd level was higher than I expected but the crowds were tolerable and we had an enjoyable time.

Two thoughts (I'm sure they've already been brought up):
1. Stay as far away from MK as possible on the day that they film the Christmas parade. Unless you want to participate (and you have to get there early and stand around for a long time), stay the heck away.
2. Pop Warner Week caused the AS Sports to be run over with unsupervised teens. I didn't see much of them in the parks but they were making noise late into the night.

Nevertheless, we had an awesome time and are going back this December but not until the 16th.

:xmas:

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I've read and written about this year's projected bump in crowd levels in December.... Its still going to be far lighter than anything anyone has experienced during the summer or national holidays.
Yes it may bite that we will now have to wait in line for 25-30 minutes instead of 15-20 for space mountain... but I'll get over it..

Like kennygman says...

Hakunamatata.... No worries :cool:

Upvote 0

pacochran

At points I do worry about the crowds, but then I think it doesn't really matter, because no matter what the crowds, I know we're going to have a great time. Also based on what I heard it's still better than the peak times of year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom