Lanyards still useful?

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

Since everything is on the MagicBand now, do lanyards for kids still serve a purpose? Trying to think of what little things I can pick up from home, instead of paying three times as much at Disney. Thanks!!

I bought some for the pin trading at party city for $1 each, they're party favors section. I think they're cool plus they can be little gifts in case your kid wants one and they're not $7.95 or more. I also got pins on eBay 50 random pins for $15 so for about $20 i got pins and lanyards for trading which are very expensive at Disney.

If your kids are interested in pin trading, I recommend MousePinsOnline. They sell pins for $1.65 each (as opposed to $8-$10 at Disney World) and they are all real trading pins, no scrappers. While pins are inexpensive on eBay, you have to watch out for fake ones.

correcaminos

I agree, good for pin trading. I cannot think of much else they are good for now unless you want the magic band hanging from it as a keychain too

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We got one for our daughter and I plan on making an attaching a laminated tag with her dad's and my pictures on it. She'll be almost three when we go, so I thought if the worst happens and she gets lost, having a recent picture of both of us will help CMs bring us back together. Other than that and pin trading, I can't see a reason.

Weather_Lady

No lanyards necessary except for pin trading, or if you plan on purchasing a clip-on "Magic Band alternative" lanyard medal (a/k/a "MagicKeepers").

Some other things you might pick up/make at home rather than purchasing them at WDW are autograph books, inexpensive rain ponchos and glow sticks.

Last edited:

Minnie1986

Original Poster
No lanyards necessary except for pin trading, or if you plan on purchasing a clip-on "Magic Band alternative" lanyard medal (a/k/a "MagicKeepers").

Some other things you might pick up/make at home rather than purchasing them at WDW are autograph books, inexpensive rain ponchos and glow sticks.
I found a pack of 100 glow sticks (including sunglasses) for $5. So happy. My godson apparently has a zip up rain coat that his mom will be packing in his suitcase, but I picked up a poncho for myself at the dollar store (surprisingly durable). I didn't think of getting an autograph book ahead of time, though. Definitely won't be making one (not the crafty type, although I wish I was!), but that's what Etsy is for, right? Thanks for the idea!

Last edited:

figmentfan03

Definitely only useful for pin trading (buy pins in bulk on e-bay). They are cute to buy in Disney and bring home to use as a keychain or wallet especially when you do not have enough room in your luggage for big souvenirs. Other than that, I don't think its a necessity.

figmentfan03

And if it doesn't matter to the child pins can be easily kept in a pocket or purse. They are a hassle at the airport unless you put them in checked luggage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom