1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Lanyards still useful?

Discussion in 'WDW with Kids' started by Minnie1986, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

Since everything is on the MagicBand now, do lanyards for kids still serve a purpose? Trying to think of what little things I can pick up from home, instead of paying three times as much at Disney. Thanks!!

2. ALONZO LAUREL

ALONZO LAUREL Member

I bought some for the pin trading at party city for $1 each, they're party favors section. I think they're cool plus they can be little gifts in case your kid wants one and they're not $7.95 or more. I also got pins on eBay 50 random pins for $15 so for about $20 i got pins and lanyards for trading which are very expensive at Disney.

Minnie1986 likes this.
  3. FanofDisneyDogs4Ever

FanofDisneyDogs4Ever New Member

If your kids are interested in pin trading, I recommend MousePinsOnline. They sell pins for $1.65 each (as opposed to $8-$10 at Disney World) and they are all real trading pins, no scrappers. While pins are inexpensive on eBay, you have to watch out for fake ones.

4. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

I agree, good for pin trading. I cannot think of much else they are good for now unless you want the magic band hanging from it as a keychain too

5. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

We got one for our daughter and I plan on making an attaching a laminated tag with her dad's and my pictures on it. She'll be almost three when we go, so I thought if the worst happens and she gets lost, having a recent picture of both of us will help CMs bring us back together. Other than that and pin trading, I can't see a reason.

6. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

No lanyards necessary except for pin trading, or if you plan on purchasing a clip-on "Magic Band alternative" lanyard medal (a/k/a "MagicKeepers").

Some other things you might pick up/make at home rather than purchasing them at WDW are autograph books, inexpensive rain ponchos and glow sticks.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    Minnie1986 likes this.
  7. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member Original Poster

I found a pack of 100 glow sticks (including sunglasses) for $5. So happy. My godson apparently has a zip up rain coat that his mom will be packing in his suitcase, but I picked up a poncho for myself at the dollar store (surprisingly durable). I didn't think of getting an autograph book ahead of time, though. Definitely won't be making one (not the crafty type, although I wish I was!), but that's what Etsy is for, right? Thanks for the idea!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    Weather_Lady likes this.
  8. figmentfan03

figmentfan03 New Member

Definitely only useful for pin trading (buy pins in bulk on e-bay). They are cute to buy in Disney and bring home to use as a keychain or wallet especially when you do not have enough room in your luggage for big souvenirs. Other than that, I don't think its a necessity.

9. figmentfan03

figmentfan03 New Member

And if it doesn't matter to the child pins can be easily kept in a pocket or purse. They are a hassle at the airport unless you put them in checked luggage.