Language tests?

Yusei

Original Poster
Hi, I'm a CPer for the Fall program, and my future major in college is Japanese language. Granted, I am going to be a sophomore in the program, so I'll only have one year of college Japanese under my belt, however, I have studied 5 years at my high school and at home, so I'm no beginner. I wanted to see if I could take the language test at Disney for Japanese in order to get a pin so that if Japanese tourists need assistance, they can ask me for directions or show times or other things. I really think it would be a great experience for me, since I want to be an interpreter as my occupation.

So, my question is...

Has any cast member here taken ANY language test at Disney and earned a pin? What kind of questions do they ask? Is it an audio test, or a written one? As far as language goes, was it basic things, such as directions and show times, or was it a little more involved, such as Disney information or history in the other language?

I'm just curious.

robynchic

I actually took the same language test you are looking at (I took nine years of it from elementary through high school).

It's an interview with a native speaker. Other than that, I'm not at liberty to say what will be covered.

Yusei

Original Poster
Oh! That doesn't sound too bad, I guess. :D

I know you can't tell me quite what was said, but did it seem easy to you, since you had background in high school Japanese? Was it more on a professional interpreter level?

ImaYoyo

The language tests are cake. You call the number on Mondays (i think it's still mondays) between 9 and 1 and pick your language, they ask you a few questions in that language and that's that. Nothing difficult. If you can carry a conversation, you'll pass the test.

jiminy.cricket

I agree; they should not be bad at all. I didn't think I would get a pin, but decided to try and it worked out! Just call and give it a chance. The important thing is that you can speak the language and give basic directions. My interviewer just asked me how I learned the language and as long as you have a conversational ability or basic ability, I think you should be great! Plus the pin will give you a ton of practice! You'll be surprised!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I was able to get a Spanish, Portugese, Italian, and French pin during my tenure at Disney :D

I only speak Spanish and English well :lol:

Yusei

Original Poster
I was able to get a Spanish, Portugese, Italian, and French pin during my tenure at Disney :D

I only speak Spanish and English well :lol:

Wow, really? That's so cool! Maybe it won't be as hard as I thought after all--but I WILL study customer service stuff, just in case!

Thanks for the info, you guys are amazing. <3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom