Land cleared behind MK near TT

DSpear456

Original Poster
Maybe an acre or two of land has been cleared behind the MK near the TT area. Just noticed this the other day when heading to Disney University. Anyone know what it might be for?

Shaman

Yea I think "behind the MK" says it all...so its probably Toon Town....land clearing huh? I wonder what for....is there any chance the Toon Town train station is being moved??? Or is this clearing of land for some other use....

:veryconfu

speck76

objr said:
Yea I think "behind the MK" says it all...so its probably Toon Town....land clearing huh? I wonder what for....is there any chance the Toon Town train station is being moved??? Or is this clearing of land for some other use....

:veryconfu

They just knocked down and rebuilt this station...so prob not

joesauctionsale

land clear

it is being cleared for access to 20k for the removel and demolishin of that are for large trucks . we stated that in another thread thanks joesauctions

se8472

wow that is fluffy...it just does to seem like the 2 area's would connect in my head.

Besides the fact that the railroad is still in the way. I thought that security was trying to get all vechicals to go over the new barrior gates.

But it still does look like a road is being made :veryconfu

BDAN29

How could cleared land outside the Magic Kingdom lineup with Toontown? As said before, security and the railroad are in the way.

se8472

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
its probably for 20k. maybe its for the future attraction there???? dun dun dun! :lol: i hope maybe its for a new roller coaster.

but how is it for 20k? I just don't see it. I am so confused. But I am 99% sure no new ride...it just looks like a road is being built. My guest is maybe something for water.

M:SpilotISTC12

its close to 20k. it probably has something to do with it. if they are knocking down the lagoon they probably need to get trucks in there or something. i am trying to not to confuse anyone.

donsullivan

Premium Member
We probably need to get DSpear456 to be a little more clear about what he meant by behind the Magic Kingdom. Are we talking about immediately behind the park, or along the perimeter road that surrounds the park? There's a pretty big difference between these two areas. There is actually a whole lot of stuff around that general area at the north side of the park; some within the park boundaries, and a whole lot outside those boundaries. I'm thinking of the park boundaries as the railroad tracks here.

For example, right behind ToonTown (and I mean behind Mickey's house in this context) is the show building for 2K. You can see it this picture.
http://www.themeparks.com/library-06/wdw/aerial/aerial06.htm

The large building to the right of the tents is the underwater show building for the old 20K ride. If it's in that area, it might likely be connected with the removal of the lagoon.

However, if it's on the perimeter road it could be something like a fire station or any number of other public utility type facilities. I seem to remember seeing a site being cleared on the south (magic kingdom) side of the perimeter road, just to the west of the MK north security gate about 2 months ago but don't remember for sure what it was for.

Edit: Okay I just found this aeral shot that might make what I'm talking about a whole lot easier to understand.

http://www.oitc.com/Disney/WDW/Remote/MagicKingdomLarge.html

You can see the whole service area behind 2K Lagoon that goes over to Pinnochio Village House where the main entrance to the Utillidoor system is. If you follow the train path around, you'll see the vehicle bridge that crosses over the tracks and heads out to the perimeter road and eventually the whole north service area.

So the question is whether the area in question is in this service area, or outside along the perimeter road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom