Land being cleared... What are they doing?

kinda_goofy

Original Poster
I just returned from our yearly Fort Wilderness trip and it was amazing! But I noticed a lot of land cleared to the right of the Eagle Pines golf course (which is next to FW). I researched a little bit but couldn't find out anything (i'm sure it was posted already but I misses it). Are they redoing the course? or something better?

Honor

Put me on the list!

I want to be first in line to buy a "single family house" at WDW! If they won't let us buy a Treehouse Villa of our very own, this will have to do. I will be anxiously watching the development.

Horizonsfan

I want to be first in line to buy a "single family house" at WDW! If they won't let us buy a Treehouse Villa of our very own, this will have to do. I will be anxiously watching the development.

You better have some deep pockets then. If your not in Forbes, good luck with getting a house.

Sorry but someone has to be...
bobbummer.jpg

flscooman

Well first you have to get Doc Brown to let you use the Delorean and go back in time a few years. Then maybe you can be the first to buy a house in Celebration which is in WDW. :)

Thurp

Well there are already a handful of single family homes in what is technically Lake Buena Vista, which is really just a cul de sac with a pool in the middle.

Kamikaze

The property will be de-annexed once the houses are ready for sale.

goodtimes5286

anybody else ed that they keep selling off THERE DISNEY LAND to other people? It's starting to feel less and less like Disney imo. Before it was a land of it's own, now with that Bonnet Creek area right in the MIDDLE of disney AND this, what else are they gonna do to un-Disnify Disney?

It was bad enough having that eyesore of Lake Buena Vista property, Disney cut off at DTD imo. But now with this crap I'm starting to wonder when this corporate greed is going to stop. Once they sell off ALL of there land, what are they gonna do then to make more dough? They're gonna suck the big one that's what, they wont have any extra land to use and they wont have the money to improve what they've got. SERIOUSLY we need some new leadership, someone whose WAY closer to Walt's ideals.

Does this urk anyone else, or am I just crazy? This has been the thing about Disney that es me off more then anything and its happening again (more then not extending the monerail, more then closing River Country, even more then closing Alien Encounter)

Ausdaddy

I would like to hear more about the "value-priced lodging units". Does that mean we can only live there during Value Season? :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
anybody else ed that they keep selling off THERE DISNEY LAND to other people? It's starting to feel less and less like Disney imo. Before it was a land of it's own, now with that Bonnet Creek area right in the MIDDLE of disney AND this, what else are they gonna do to un-Disnify Disney?

It was bad enough having that eyesore of Lake Buena Vista property, Disney cut off at DTD imo. But now with this crap I'm starting to wonder when this corporate greed is going to stop. Once they sell off ALL of there land, what are they gonna do then to make more dough? They're gonna suck the big one that's what, they wont have any extra land to use and they wont have the money to improve what they've got. SERIOUSLY we need some new leadership, someone whose WAY closer to Walt's ideals.

Does this urk anyone else, or am I just crazy? This has been the thing about Disney that es me off more then anything and its happening again (more then not extending the monerail, more then closing River Country, even more then closing Alien Encounter)
First of all Disney did not sell Bonnet creek...it was never theirs to begin with. Second they sold a few hundred acres of their 47,000 acre empire not to motel 6 but to the Four Seasons. This will finally give them a 5 star resort on property.

goodtimes5286

First of all Disney did not sell Bonnet creek...it was never theirs to begin with. Second they sold a few hundred acres of their 47,000 acre empire not to motel 6 but to the Four Seasons. This will finally give them a 5 star resort on property.

how was property, inside of there property, not theres? didnt walt buy a block of land (one chunk at a time)? I could be very mistaken but im pretty sure ALL disney land at one time was OWNED and purchased by walt (well not always purchased BY him but for him).

Second if they wanted a 5 star resort so badly, they could have made one. Disney was once notorious for doing the unimaginable, the awe inspiring. It wouldn't have shocked me if Disney rivaled that 6 or 7 star hotel in Dubai with the great minds that they supposibly have.

So just because they have a 5 star property on site doesn't make selling off land for a cheep buck alright in my book, and I dont care if they do sell it to a motel 6, or a 4 seasons, or they replica the waldorf historia, disney is DISNEY. We dont live in cali here, and maybe im spoiled, but I dont like diving around INSIDE of disney, which was once a land of it's own, and now seeing corporate america left and right. I mean for got sakes theres McDonalds all over. But to me, that isn't as big of a deal as hotels. It's what they've always done and done well and now they're outsourcing. When did the Grand Floridian become so second rate? If they could build that eons ago, what could they do now with there resources and new technology?

so excuse me for not kissing the soil your precious 4 seasons is going to lay on, disneys pop>four seasons b/c of the ambiance decour and the magic.....you can take your 5 stars somewhere else. Disney WORLD, not orlando presents disney.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
how was property, inside of there property, not theres? didnt walt buy a block of land (one chunk at a time)? I could be very mistaken but im pretty sure ALL disney land at one time was OWNED and purchased by walt (well not always purchased BY him but for him).

Second if they wanted a 5 star resort so badly, they could have made one. Disney was once notorious for doing the unimaginable, the awe inspiring. It wouldn't have shocked me if Disney rivaled that 6 or 7 star hotel in Dubai with the great minds that they supposibly have.

So just because they have a 5 star property on site doesn't make selling off land for a cheep buck alright in my book, and I dont care if they do sell it to a motel 6, or a 4 seasons, or they replica the waldorf historia, disney is DISNEY. We dont live in cali here, and maybe im spoiled, but I dont like diving around INSIDE of disney, which was once a land of it's own, and now seeing corporate america left and right. I mean for got sakes theres McDonalds all over. But to me, that isn't as big of a deal as hotels. It's what they've always done and done well and now they're outsourcing. When did the Grand Floridian become so second rate? If they could build that eons ago, what could they do now with there resources and new technology?

so excuse me for not kissing the soil your precious 4 seasons is going to lay on, disneys pop>four seasons b/c of the ambiance decour and the magic.....you can take your 5 stars somewhere else. Disney WORLD, not orlando presents disney.
Oh how little we know young Padawan. Not every one of the property owners we interested in selling their property Tomahawk Properties, M.T. Lot, or any one the other ghost companies that Walt set up to buy the vast amount of property purchased in Orange and Osceola county in the early 60's in secret. Even after the Orlando Sentinel broke the story about who was buying up all of this worthless swamp and and the value shot to the moon these same parties, for whatever reason, were still not interested in selling to Disney. Now to my knowledge th original owner of the piece of property in question was never revealed, although I have heard rumors that Howard Hughes was the mysterious owner, but it is well documented that the Walt Disney company has never owned the piece of property that Bonnet creek now sits on. In fact it took the current owner suing in order to force Disney to grant right of way to the land locked property in order for it to be developed.

Now on to the 5 star resort question..... There is a list of features that a 5 star resort must have but simply having those features does not grant a resort 5 star status. I can not go out build a resort that has feature 1 through 100 on a the check list and immediately have a 5 star resort. Name recognition is a big factor. In spite of what we might think, the name Disney and its association with children, is not well thought of by hotel critics. Many think that no matter how lavish a resort Disney were to build that they would never grant a resort owned or operated by Disney a 5th star. Disney had 2 choices..... Spare no expense and build the most awesome resort on the planet and hope like hell that they got the 5 star moniker or sell a small portion (less than .5% of their total owned property in WDW) to Four Seasons for a boatload of money and have a guaranteed 5 star resort on property.

devoy1701

actually a Woldorf Astoria is being built on the Bonnet Creek Property...
and it is true that Disney never owned this property.

and McDonald's all over? Come now....that's a bit of an exaggeration...

4 Seasons I'm not so upset with. I do think that it should have been a land lease deal but 4 Seasons probably wouldn't have agreed to that. Disney probably has some type of repurchase clause in the agreement as wll. I am upset with the single family homes that are going in however.

It does help to do some research when presenting your case...or atleast keeping a polite tone while doing do... :wave:

Jekyll_Baker

Oh how little we know young Padawan. Not every one of the property owners we interested in selling their property Tomahawk Properties, M.T. Lot, or any one the other ghost companies that Walt set up to buy the vast amount of property purchased in Orange and Osceola county in the early 60's in secret. Even after the Orlando Sentinel broke the story about who was buying up all of this worthless swamp and and the value shot to the moon these same parties, for whatever reason, were still not interested in selling to Disney. Now to my knowledge th original owner of the piece of property in question was never revealed, although I have heard rumors that Howard Hughes was the mysterious owner, but it is well documented that the Walt Disney company has never owned the piece of property that Bonnet creek now sits on. In fact it took the current owner suing in order to force Disney to grant right of way to the land locked property in order for it to be developed.

slightly OT, but related. I had just found out last week that my grandfather had owned some of the land that is now WDW property. Unfortunately he had sold it before Walt started buying up parcels. - Oh well:shrug: (wants previously mentioned Delorean to make some corrections)

havoc

I keep hearing that the Grand would be 5 star/diamond/golden nugget/whatever if it had a golf course... is this true or is someone blowing smoke up an un-named location on my body?

goodtimes5286

Now on to the 5 star resort question..... There is a list of features that a 5 star resort must have but simply having those features does not grant a resort 5 star status. I can not go out build a resort that has feature 1 through 100 on a the check list and immediately have a 5 star resort. Name recognition is a big factor. In spite of what we might think, the name Disney and its association with children, is not well thought of by hotel critics. Many think that no matter how lavish a resort Disney were to build that they would never grant a resort owned or operated by Disney a 5th star. Disney had 2 choices..... Spare no expense and build the most awesome resort on the planet and hope like hell that they got the 5 star moniker or sell a small portion (less than .5% of their total owned property in WDW) to Four Seasons for a boatload of money and have a guaranteed 5 star resort on property.

Wow I didn't know the big man couldnt get all the land, that kinda sucks, and you figure whoever owned it sold it to someone for mega bucks, but dis def coulda topped that

Second there are special requirements to being a certain star hotel and brand recognition isnt a big part of it. Tell me, whats the Buji al Arab, it's no hotel name ive ever stayed at nor heard of. Would you like to guess it's star level? The fact remains that disney most definatly could have gone out, spent the expense ( b/c you dont just get a 5 star rating b/c you have a certain name or else Howard Johnson would be looking for a new name like 'The elegance' or something like that if it was that easy), and got a 7 star hotel if they wanted to, they just didnt b/c its cheeper in the short run to sell land and not build. But think about it, Four Seasons wouldnt have bought and built if it wasnt going to make a PROFIT, something disney could have done with the land and made.

And its not how much they gave up, its the fact THAT they gave up, like i said before bla bla bla disney feels liek a world of its own etc etc, n even if its .001% it still ruins it

Theres a McDonalds in 2 parks, DTD, and a stand alone, i guess if you dont concider it all over then it isnt, but if I see atleast 1 a day of anything while im on disney property imo it's all over.

Plus someone else said that they arent leasing the land, wow now that was stupid, how greedy are they about there dividends? I think we've just found out....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom