Land Behind Fantasyland

rcsnyder1

Original Poster
We took the MK train ride around the whole park today. We haven't done that in awhile. Looking at the back of the park, it seems like there is tons of room behind Fantasyland that could be developed. Does anyone know if there are any plans to ever develop this area for attractions?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Behind Fantasyland is a large parking area and the main utilidor entrance. Not impossible to expand on, but very expensive. The land around the railroad wasn`t developed in the late 60`s, apart from the railroad and utilities, so could be even more expensive to develop into usable theme park space.

20K Field will suffice for now.

manutdfan1

There is enough room to fit a whole Tommorrowland WITH Space Mountain back there. Whether expensive or not, the MK has tons of room to grow and can be and shoud be the best Disneyland type park in the world. As of right now it is probobly only better than HKDL. Disney, please update the most visited park in the world. Your updating DL like crazy and it gets 2 million less visitors thank MK. All I ask is for you is to keep it in good shape. It deserves it.

tirian

^^ They will expand with a new attraction soon enough. First, they have to refurbish what they have b/c it was neglected at the start of the new millennium.

I walked through the 20K field recently. It was surreal.

scottnj1966

Room was never a problem at disney, ever. The problem as always it seems is money.
It would be great for them to build new rides without closing old ones.

manutdfan1

^^ They will expand with a new attraction soon enough. First, they have to refurbish what they have b/c it was neglected at the start of the new millennium.

I walked through the 20K field recently. It was surreal.
So you think that the MK is going to return to its formal glory soon, just like DL has? I shure do hope so. It would be much appreciated.

bob0012

We took the MK train ride around the whole park today. We haven't done that in awhile. Looking at the back of the park, it seems like there is tons of room behind Fantasyland that could be developed. Does anyone know if there are any plans to ever develop this area for attractions?

They really could expand more then just behind fantasyland, their blocked on two sides by bay lake and 7 seas lagoon, but other then that they can grow however they want. The problem is backstage items are currently in the way, and the utilidors would need to be expanded. It's a lot cheaper to expand within the boundrys of the park. Although the old 20k area counts as that.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The lines were super long and inaccessible to handicapped visitors because of the nature of the ride vehicles, which bums me out because it was bit of a favorite ride of mine, and awesome as hell.
Also, I think it was a pain to maintain. The H2O had to be kept clear and that is very, very, very hard to do in Florida (unless you have something that is spring fed or something).

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wonder why they took the 20,000 Leagues away. I wanted to see it...:zipit:

The lines were super long and inaccessible to handicapped visitors because of the nature of the ride vehicles, which bums me out because it was bit of a favorite ride of mine, and awesome as hell.

Also, I think it was a pain to maintain. The H2O had to be kept clear and that is very, very, very hard to do in Florida (unless you have something that is spring fed or something).

See this excellent website for history, photos, and story behind the creation, and closing of the ride.

http://www.20kride.com/history.html

Disney has never stated outright the exact reason.. but the website gives a pretty good back story in what lead to its closure.

Hi everyone. :) This is my first post here. I've enjoyed reading the forum and love being among other Walt Disney World fans. It's very exciting. I've been in love with Walt Disney World ever since my first visit in 1978 at 12 years old. I completely agree that there should be more added to Fantasyland. I'm a fan of classic Disney and for a while now I've felt that there has not been enough attention at the Magic Kingdom paid to developing attractions based on the classic films. Even though I love what it already is, I feel that Fantasyland could be so much more. I still miss "The Mickey Mouse Revue". I do love "Philharmagic", but the removal of that magnificent original attraction was a sad move for Fantasyland.

Yes, the fact that this is the most visited park in the world should tell them that it deserves more loving attention the way Disneyland receives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom