Lake City Hotels

Dippy Dawg

We will be driving to DisneyWorld in November, coming from Louisiana. It is about a 10 hour drive or so. We are not leaving until about 1PM (the other half of our party is not leaving until 5PM) so driving all the way is not going to happen!! We are planning on getting hotel rooms in Lake City, FL meeting up in the morning and leaving about 6AM for the remaining 2 1/2 hour drive. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to stay in Lake City. We want to be close to I-75, not have to pay an arm and a leg and have a descent place to clean up and rest.

Brwneyedgirl72

I have a dear friend in Lake City and let me tell - that town is small. While I understand that you don't want to drive straight thru, once you get that close you will probably want to keep going. I would drive straight thru, sleep in the next morning and enjoy your first full day well rested. But if you are settled on staying the night, you should do ok with any of the large chain hotels. Lake City is a small North Florida town - not much there and the accommodations are fairly limited.

Upvote 0
We drive in from Baton Rouge. I know of nothing in Lake City, I would go down the road about 45 more minutes to Gainsville to stay the night.

I you goto Google Earth, it will show you all the hotels in the area. You can then go to trip advisor to review the hotel.

Upvote 0

JustPlainBill

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Lake City, FL just off I-75 last summer.
It was very clean, the staff was very professional and accommodating. The beds were soft, one of a few hotels I was actually able to get some sleep in. There's a Cracker Barrel right accross the street, don't ask for fried eggs, they make them too watery. As for the hotel, I would stay there again, without question.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/lkelc

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Lake City, FL just off I-75 last summer.
It was very clean, the staff was very professional and accommodating. The beds were soft, one of a few hotels I was actually able to get some sleep in. There's a Cracker Barrel right accross the street, don't ask for fried eggs, they make them too watery. As for the hotel, I would stay there again, without question.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/lkelc

This is where we've stayed before as well. It's called Holiday Inn & Suites. The last time we stayed there we had a 1 bedroom suite and it was right at $100.

Upvote 0

JustPlainBill

This is where we've stayed before as well. It's called Holiday Inn & Suites. The last time we stayed there we had a 1 bedroom suite and it was right at $100.
We had a double queen bed room, I don't remember exactly, I think our price was between $75-$90, give or take. Not the cheapest around, but you do get what you pay for.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

Just remember, if you do stay in Gainesville, be weary of the University of Florida Football schedule. If you're trying to get a room on a game weekend, you're most likely already out of luck. They start filling up on Thursday nights on weekends that games are in town, plus, they're more expensive, and you have a ton of mullet sporting people clapping sideways dawning orange and blue around. GO DAWGS!

If you're in Gainesville, you might as well keep going, it's only 118 miles from G'Vegas without the new 429 open, so probably not even that far anymore. Nothing a Mountain Dew or cup of coffee can't stop. I used to make the drive in just less than two hours, sometimes an hour and half if traffic was moving.

If you do stay in Lake City, there are the basic chain hotels. You can also try Alachua, it's just north of Gainesville on I 75. Basic chain places there as well.

Have fun, be safe on the roads!

Upvote 0

Disneybird

There's a really nice Hampton Inn in Lake City. I've stayed there twice. It has a free continental breakfast,which we always take advantage of wherever we are so we can get on the road faster.
The first time I stayed there, my husband and I were in a king room with a sleeper sofa. The bathroom was nicer than I've seen in alot of homes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom