Lake Buena Vista Palace Hotel?

NewEditionFan

Original Poster
I will be staying at the Lake Buena Vista Palace Hotel for 8 nights. I picked the hotel because I wanted to stay within walking distance of Downtown Disney. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Any reviews?

schumigirl

It`s a beautiful hotel you will love it. We stayed here last sept in what was our first visit to the states, and had a fantastic time.
The rooms are modern, airy and very clean with very very comfortable beds. We had a room facing DTD as it was lovely seeing it all lit up at night, and you can see Illuminations if you are in, but bear in mind the balconies are VERY small. We never ventured out to sit on them as we were on the 20 something floor and it felt, well a bit dodgy!!!! No real downsides to the room, maybe could have had a little more shelf space in bathroom area but not a problem really.

Did I mention the beds were very very comfortable:sohappy::D

The staff were wonderful, very helpful and always took the time to chat and any queries were dealt with immediately.
Food wise our first night we ate in Kooks sports bar on the ground floor and it was excellent, Steaks cooked perfectly and very reasonably priced. The Outback restaurant in there (not the chain) was not so good and charged more than double what we paid in Kooks. Steaks were overcooked and dry, and service wasn`t so great. Chef was not impressed when we sent our steaks back.
The watercress cafe was where we had breakfast every morning, not the cooked breakfast area but the cafe where you served yourself. We had croissants, pastries and coffee but there was a big selection of sandwiches, fresh fruit and pancakes and all the usual convenience store goods. This was open till 11pm which was handy.
Pool area was fine, think it may have been renovated since we were there but it was ok. Nice pool bar.
We had a car so don`t know about transport to the parks. There were people using the transport but can`t comment.
It is only a five minute walk to DTD so that is very handy, the road is not too busy and you can cross it easy even though there isn`t actually a crossing point.
There`s a disney shop and a store that sell clothes, hats, suncream handbags, postcards and there is the spa which looked lovely but we never used it.
Would have loved to have stayed here this year but DS wanted to try on property so going to POFQ, but we will go back there another trip as it was a fabulous hotel.
Hope you enjoy it :wave:

Carolyn1717

I will be staying at the Lake Buena Vista Palace Hotel for 8 nights. I picked the hotel because I wanted to stay within walking distance of Downtown Disney. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Any reviews?

It is a beautiful resort. Your not really off property there. You can just walk across the street and use the Disney buses as long as you mave park passes. Don't believe the statement that you are not going to enjoy the Disney experience. You are right there. If you were staying off site, that would be a different story. Have a great trip....

NewEditionFan

Original Poster
It`s a beautiful hotel you will love it. We stayed here last sept in what was our first visit to the states, and had a fantastic time.
The rooms are modern, airy and very clean with very very comfortable beds. We had a room facing DTD as it was lovely seeing it all lit up at night, and you can see Illuminations if you are in, but bear in mind the balconies are VERY small. We never ventured out to sit on them as we were on the 20 something floor and it felt, well a bit dodgy!!!! No real downsides to the room, maybe could have had a little more shelf space in bathroom area but not a problem really.

Did I mention the beds were very very comfortable:sohappy::D

The staff were wonderful, very helpful and always took the time to chat and any queries were dealt with immediately.
Food wise our first night we ate in Kooks sports bar on the ground floor and it was excellent, Steaks cooked perfectly and very reasonably priced. The Outback restaurant in there (not the chain) was not so good and charged more than double what we paid in Kooks. Steaks were overcooked and dry, and service wasn`t so great. Chef was not impressed when we sent our steaks back.
The watercress cafe was where we had breakfast every morning, not the cooked breakfast area but the cafe where you served yourself. We had croissants, pastries and coffee but there was a big selection of sandwiches, fresh fruit and pancakes and all the usual convenience store goods. This was open till 11pm which was handy.
Pool area was fine, think it may have been renovated since we were there but it was ok. Nice pool bar.
We had a car so don`t know about transport to the parks. There were people using the transport but can`t comment.
It is only a five minute walk to DTD so that is very handy, the road is not too busy and you can cross it easy even though there isn`t actually a crossing point.
There`s a disney shop and a store that sell clothes, hats, suncream handbags, postcards and there is the spa which looked lovely but we never used it.
Would have loved to have stayed here this year but DS wanted to try on property so going to POFQ, but we will go back there another trip as it was a fabulous hotel.
Hope you enjoy it :wave:

Thanks so much! How far is the walk to DTD?

if your not staying on propery, you're not experiencing disney to the fullest!!!:D

I was told that this was a DTD hotel and it provides the early entry into the park ETC.

wdwmomof3

My mother & father in law stayed there last Dec. and they said that it was very nice. They are very picky too, so it must have been very nice. We stayed at Royal Plaza, which is close by and we liked it.

The walk to DTD is not far but not like across the street either. It will take about 5 minutes or maybe a bit longer.

The only advice I can give you is to plan to drive to the parks. All of these hotels share a MEARS bus. The bus will go to each hotel and then to each park, so if you want to go to Magic kingdom, it may be after Epcot or what ever. It took my DH over an hour to get to Epcot to meet us one day after his meeting. He was not a happy person when he got there either.

Other than that, I had no problem staying there. I am an on-site person and had rather be at a Disney resort but I would stay in that area again in a heartbeat. :)

Have a wonderful trip!:wave:

lumpydj

I was there for a conference in April. It was very nice. Rooms were clean and comfortable. They do have separate shuttles for each park - although they may combine 2 parks on one bus. They don't drop you off as close as the Disney transportation does (TTC instead of right at the Magic Kingdom gate). Also, 3 hotels shared the same bus - but they were in close proximity.

We took the shuttle to DTD because we were dressed up and did not want to walk in high heels. They only had 1 drop of on the east side of DTD so we still needed to walk quite far to get to the WestSide.

Have a great time! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom