Labor cost cutting measures begin at Walt Disney World as the company enters Q1

Lilofan

They were questioning you, because you implied that it was happening… and they said both Disney Springs AND Epcot.

And no, having third party operating participants operating select locations is not even remotely the same thing as “outsourcing CM’s”

Thats not what outsourcing means
I should not have posted " thats nothing new ". And yes I know what outsourcing means like valet parkers in resorts that used to be CMs or have you seen who cleans the resorts late night, I have seen while I was visiting.

Last edited:

Lilofan

A very small percentage
Walk around the lobby in your Disney resort late at night and see who cleans the area. You don't recall in the news when Disney outsourced several years ago their IT groups to overseas and prior to being laid off they had to train their replacements?

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Walk around the lobby in your Disney resort late at night and see who cleans the area. You don't recall in the news when Disney outsourced several years ago their IT groups to overseas and prior to being laid off they had to train their replacements?
Disney employees who work in India and third party employees who work at Disney resorts are two different things.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Guest facing positions are more than likely Disney Cast members. Back of house positions such as cleaners (non-mousekeeping), landscapers, maintenance, etc. are contractors.

The most visible non-cast member position I've seen recently is when Disney contracted out guest bus services to Academy when they had a driver crunch.

Also I believe at the third party owned in park restaurants at Epcot and DAK, while the people there may have a Disney name tag, they are not actually cast members, but it's done for continuity.

Lilofan

Guest facing positions are more than likely Disney Cast members. Back of house positions such as cleaners (non-mousekeeping), landscapers, maintenance, etc. are contractors.

The most visible non-cast member position I've seen recently is when Disney contracted out guest bus services to Academy when they had a driver crunch.

Also I believe at the third party owned in park restaurants at Epcot and DAK, while the people there may have a Disney name tag, they are not actually cast members, but it's done for continuity.
You may not be aware but back of house ( not exactly since third party clean guest lobby locations etc ) once upon a time were cast until outsourcing happened.

peter11435

Yes, third shift cleaning crews in the resorts have been third party for nearly 20 years now.

A support role most will never see.

That’s a case of Disney hiring a company to perform a service. Much like hiring a contractor for construction service. It is not, as you have implied, an example of Disney outsourcing guest facing cast members.

Lilofan

Yes, third shift cleaning crews in the resorts have been third party for nearly 20 years now.

A support role most will never see.

That’s a case of Disney hiring a company to perform a service. Much like hiring a contractor for construction service. It is not, as you have implied, an example of Disney outsourcing guest facing cast members.
Yes and as long as the place is clean and tidy that's what counts to me whether cast or third party does the job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom