L&M Rental Car Service (Good or bad?)

mrtoad

Original Poster
We have never used them but they had the best price of all the companies that are at the airport. Has anyone used them before and what did you think?

I already reserved it but can cancel up to 24 hours ahead.

Thanks,
Mike

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Alamo is the busiest at OIA, plain and simple. They are always a madhouse.

L&M isn't TOO bad... if the price isn't too much more, I'd try to steer you towards another company though. How's enterprise looking?

Nemo14

We've rented from them several times and never had a problem. They're never very busy, so the lines have always been short, and the cars we've had have always been clean and low mileage. Hope that helps,

mrtoad

Original Poster
Thanks, I appreciate the info. I guess you never know, I have gone with National and hated it. They were rude and slow.

Thanks again.

mrtoad

Original Poster
I did not see your message when I replied, sorry.

Enterprise is $90 more for the same class car. When you say not TOO bad what do you mean? Any horror stories?

Thanks,
Mike

mkt said:
Alamo is the busiest at OIA, plain and simple. They are always a madhouse.

L&M isn't TOO bad... if the price isn't too much more, I'd try to steer you towards another company though. How's enterprise looking?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
mrtoad said:
I did not see your message when I replied, sorry.

Enterprise is $90 more for the same class car. When you say not TOO bad what do you mean? Any horror stories?

Thanks,
Mike
no horror stories. They're just a smaller company without the resources of the national ones... and I have never liked what they rent.

Nemo14

We did have one small incident with them during one of the hurricanes (Jeanne). We had rented in Orlando, but since the Orlando airport was closing, we had to fly home out of Tampa, so we called them about where to return the car. They told us to bring it to EZ Rental and take the shuttle from there. Then they charged us $100 for not returning it to Orlando.:brick:
I called them and explained why we had to do it that way, and not only did they take the $100 off the bill, but they sent us a voucher for 2 free days rental ( which we used for a wedding in October in Tampa).
Other than that, we've never had a problem with them, and they certainly went out of their way to make up for it!:sohappy:

mrtoad

Original Poster
Small can cause issues as some of the larger ones will share cars customers if need be.

It said for a full sized car it would be a Taurus or similar which is what a few of the others give as well and I did not care for the Taurus but the price is good. One company gave us an Impala which was not bad. I guess I will take what I get...

mkt said:
no horror stories. They're just a smaller company without the resources of the national ones... and I have never liked what they rent.

mrtoad

Original Poster
At least their customer service was good. Worked out in the end. :)

Nemo14 said:
We did have one small incident with them during one of the hurricanes (Jeanne). We had rented in Orlando, but since the Orlando airport was closing, we had to fly home out of Tampa, so we called them about where to return the car. They told us to bring it to EZ Rental and take the shuttle from there. Then they charged us $100 for not returning it to Orlando.:brick:
I called them and explained why we had to do it that way, and not only did they take the $100 off the bill, but they sent us a voucher for 2 free days rental ( which we used for a wedding in October in Tampa).
Other than that, we've never had a problem with them, and they certainly went out of their way to make up for it!:sohappy:

mrtoad

Original Poster
I was going to write a quick trip report and mention it in there but have not gotten to it and since some answered this post today I will give a quick what I thought about L&M when we used them last week.

The counter was quick as there was only 2 people ahead of me when I arrived both were already at the counter. The person who I delt with was not nice nor not nice just blah. That does not bother me though. The car however was really bad. It was a Ford Taurus that had only 31,000 miles on it but road terrible. The engine was way loud like something was wrong, it pulled to one side as well. I mentioned it to the girl when I dropped it off and she said I could go see a manager inside the terminal but after doing our bag drop off there was no time as the airport was packed really bad that day.

It did not effect me so bad that I was miserable with the car but we did not drive it too much. Had I driven it everyday I would have been a little more upset.

Underdog

My experience...

mrtoad said:
We have never used them but they had the best price of all the companies that are at the airport. Has anyone used them before and what did you think?

I already reserved it but can cancel up to 24 hours ahead.

Thanks,
Mike

My wife and I have rented from them at least twice and have not had any problems with them or their service. The first time was on my wife's first trip after we got married. We 'had' an Alamo reservation, but a rep from L&M came over to us, asked how much our reservation was and then said they would beat the price no matter what it was. Counter service was uneventful, but we saved some money (at least $50) from our other reservation. The car was a smll foriegn make, but clean and in good condition. Since we were staying on property, we didn't use it much.

The second time, we didn't feel like waiting in line and rented a car from them. We didn't save as much, but we got out of OIA faster, in a clean car. Again, no problems and everything worked fine.

justducky78

We've used L&M once before and are using them again for this upcoming trip. I've heard bad comments, but we thought they were great! They have the best prices, no lines, they're right at the airport and they rent Toyotas! The employees (last time) were also friendly and helpful.

I would recommend them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom