Kristina Schake named Executive Vice President, Global Communications of The Walt Disney Company

jasminethecat

Disclaimer: I am about to use the words liberal and conservative without any positive or negative connotation.

Is anyone actually surprised to learn that Disney is a liberal leaning company and that they hire experienced people who also worked with other liberal agencies in the past? It would be like an oil company hiring a conservative PR executive, this is neither interesting nor noteworthy IMO. Companies tend to hire people who share their core values, whether or not you believe in those values is irrelevant. My advice is for people to move on because this doesn't seem very interesting. I am just glad to be a part of this thread before it goes off the rails and gets locked. I am personally sitting this one out, but I am happy to share my popcorn.

IM DONE!!!!!! Saddened that I may never get to visit a place my life once revolved around ever again but most of my favorite attractions are long gone or have been defeated to nothing, sick of this. Obviously Disney has a agenda destructive time childrens minds and this country and this is the last straw. I’ll be in here talking about the good old days and if not we’ll nice talking to you. No more complaints from me they can do what ever they want with the place now.

"most of my favorite attractions are long gone or have been defeated to nothing" - would you care to elaborate on which attractions you mean? I am quite curious especially on the 2nd part, what does that mean "defeated to nothing".

Crunchie9

Disclaimer: I am about to use the words liberal and conservative without any positive or negative connotation.

Is anyone actually surprised to learn that Disney is a liberal leaning company and that they hire experienced people who also worked with other liberal agencies in the past? It would be like an oil company hiring a conservative PR executive, this is neither interesting nor noteworthy IMO. Companies tend to hire people who share their core values, whether or not you believe in those values is irrelevant. My advice is for people to move on because this doesn't seem very interesting. I am just glad to be a part of this thread before it goes off the rails and gets locked. I am personally sitting this one out, but I am happy to share my popcorn.

"most of my favorite attractions are long gone or have been defeated to nothing" - would you care to elaborate on which attractions you mean? I am quite curious especially on the 2nd part, what does that mean "defeated to nothing".
A majority of their workers have children and do not like being silenced.

Your perspective is pure speculation and has no basis for fact.

The people walking out are losing their jobs anyways. Cali to Fla

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Disney cannot survive as a "liberal leaning" company. They sell mass-market entertainment and for them to succeed they need to appeal to everybody. Politicians fight for the support of 50% of people plus one. Disney needs an overwhelming majority "on their side" to sustain their business model.

Lilofan

Yes and when I do I will be more than willing to share my recommendations with you guys. The resort I go to is 10 minutes from Disney property which has been the only reason I have popped into the world for a day or 2 anyway. Orange Lake Resort is a great place to spend when your not at the parks
My family had a 2 bedroom timeshare 30 years ago at Orange Lake. I recall the pool was enormous . Aside from Kissimmee which is sketchy at best, Orange Lake is in its own little world off of Hwy 192.

Lilofan

A majority of their workers have children and do not like being silenced.

Your perspective is pure speculation and has no basis for fact.

The people walking out are losing their jobs anyways. Cali to Fla
Some of the CA cast losing their jobs for refusing to relocate to the new Disney area at Lake Nona FL were given a far warning ahead of time. Take it or leave it, welcome to Corporate America.

jasminethecat

Disney cannot survive as a "liberal leaning" company. They sell mass-market entertainment and for them to succeed they need to appeal to everybody.
Disney has done quite well as a liberal leaning company, this is nothing new. When you go into the parks and feel welcome regardless of your race, religion, gender or sexual identity, that's because Disney is a liberal leaning company. Any dictionary definition of the word liberal will confirm this. It literally means inclusive and that is how I meant it as well. Just like how your name represents the entire country, captain america is very liberal in that sense. He didn't fight nazi's just for one part of america, he did it for everyone! It's great that you chose such a liberal character to represent you here in these forums.

Crunchie9

Disney has done quite well as a liberal leaning company, this is nothing new. When you go into the parks and feel welcome regardless of your race, religion, gender or sexual identity, that's because Disney is a liberal leaning company. Any dictionary definition of the word liberal will confirm this. It literally means inclusive and that is how I meant it as well. Just like how your name represents the entire country, captain america is very liberal in that sense. He didn't fight nazi's just for one part of america, he did it for everyone! It's great that you chose such a liberal character to represent you here in these forums.
I often wonder how these people running the business even got through business school.

Customer Experience Model is dead for Disney.
Disney is now being used as an adjective.

DisneyHead123

Disney has done quite well as a liberal leaning company, this is nothing new. When you go into the parks and feel welcome regardless of your race, religion, gender or sexual identity, that's because Disney is a liberal leaning company. Any dictionary definition of the word liberal will confirm this. It literally means inclusive and that is how I meant it as well.
Liberal, maybe (although how liberal Disney has actually been historically is debatable). Progressive, by 2022 standards? That’s a very different and very new story. I don’t think there’s enough history on that to predict how Disney will do if it adopts this paradigm. Maybe they’ll do great, who knows? But I don’t think there are enough data points there to make a prediction.

No Name

This seems to be pretty clearly in response to the fact that they absolutely butchered their response to the Don’t Say Gay bill/law. First Bob Chapek said nothing, then apologized too late, and paused donations to all politicians on both the good and bad side. So he ed off left-leaning people, right-leaning people, and all politicians. And we’ve seen backlash from all of those people. Disney almost could not have done a worse job here, and I’m very glad they’re bringing in someone new, not because I know this person but because they’ll almost certainly make things better.

TWDC brings in an exec that aligns with the Chapek mindset. This is not rocket science to figure out but some cry wolf on where she used to work at.
Aligns with the Chapek mindset? How so?

No Name

Before a couple of weeks ago, the word was that Bob Chapek had no interest in being an anything-leaning company and the guy himself is not liberal. Evidently that didn’t pan out well for him. They’ve been a liberal company for decades and will continue to be because it’s in their very nature.

Lilofan

This seems to be pretty clearly in response to the fact that they absolutely butchered their response to the Don’t Say Gay bill/law. First Bob Chapek said nothing, then apologized too late, and paused donations to all politicians on both the good and bad side. So he ****ed off left-leaning people, right-leaning people, and all politicians. And we’ve seen backlash from all of those people. Disney almost could not have done a worse job here, and I’m very glad they’re bringing in someone new, not because I know this person but because they’ll almost certainly make things better.

Aligns with the Chapek mindset? How so?
Does one think a CEO would bring an incoming PR exec that does not?

No Name

Does one think a CEO would bring an incoming PR exec that does not?
Yes, because he’s recognized it’s an area that needs improvement. There’s no evidence Bob Chapek is liberal or good at communication, two things this person is.

I’ll add that sometimes people here think Chapek has to go for reasons the board and investors don’t care about or even like, such as raising prices, unthemed showbuildings, genie+, etc. The botched PR a few weeks ago is an actual strain against him and the biggest one yet, and he needs to show the board he will not repeat that.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Yes, because he’s recognized it’s an area that needs improvement. There’s no evidence Bob Chapek is liberal or good at communication, two things this person is.

I’ll add that sometimes people here think Chapek has to go for reasons the board and investors don’t care about or even like, such as raising prices, unthemed showbuildings, genie+, etc. The botched PR a few weeks ago is an actual strain against him, and he needs to show the board he will not repeat that.
Fyi - raising prices helped the recent quarter for TWDC parks, experiences and products - company reported to Wall Street - increased to $7.2 billion.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

My family had a 2 bedroom timeshare 30 years ago at Orange Lake. I recall the pool was enormous . Aside from Kissimmee which is sketchy at best, Orange Lake is in its own little world off of Hwy 192.
The place has evolved, I’m an outdoors guy, I had more fun exploring the trails, looking for alligators, fishing, using all their other activities and a omissions I don’t need the parks as much to stay occupied. Aparantly it’s now considered a nature preserve to now. Walking the golf course pathways along their landscapes in the evening is something else. Their pools in my opinion now are amazing, there lazy river isn’t half bad and now you just turn right into the new highway and only hit 2 lights and there’s a Disney World entrance right around the corner. I highly recommend revisiting. Then to avoid Disney costs I’ll spend a couple days in St Augustine and that itself feels like the parks without the rides. Hotel rates are incredible compared to Orlando and you can walk right into town. That town to is heavily themed as well with some acting and entertainment, it has a Disney feel but the surroundings are as real and authentic as they come.

Last edited:

IDSkinner

Sadly, this likely will be my tenth and last trip to WDW. My hope that Disney would just stay Disney and not lean in to the political fray has been dashed. Disney, you should've stayed that happy destination that all could just feel the happy and positive energy that has been Disney, but you had to suck in ABC and the far left liberal/woke air and really push this family away. In many ways my wife and I are regretting booking a vacation for this year and are contemplating using the vacation insurance that I thankfully purchased to assist in cancelling my trip and am currently exploring those options today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom