Kraken VR

unarmedmusic

Original Poster
With the opening of Kraken Unleashed at SeaWorld Orlando do you think VR coasters will be more prominent throughout theme parks?

Tom Morrow

It's already been put in place in a lot of Six Flags parks, but the thing is, it's usually to add value to weaker coasters. This, I believe, is the first time it's been installed on a major, headlining coaster.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I feel like VR is a bad thing when it comes to roller coasters. You're not riding them to ride them with a headset on, you're there to be thrilled. If I wanted to ride a roller coaster simulation, I'd buy a video game and do it that way.

Bairstow

Funspot offers VR on Freedom Flyer. That might be a fun one to try too if you're already near Sea World. That's at least two for the Orlando area. Wonder if Universal could use VR to justify keeping the Dragons around for a little while longer...
I feel like VR is a bad thing when it comes to roller coasters. You're not riding them to ride them with a headset on, you're there to be thrilled. If I wanted to ride a roller coaster simulation, I'd buy a video game and do it that way.
People like strawberries, and people like chocolate. What's wrong with occasionally covering a strawberry in chocolate?

Rob562

It's already been put in place in a lot of Six Flags parks, but the thing is, it's usually to add value to weaker coasters. This, I believe, is the first time it's been installed on a major, headlining coaster.

Six Flags New England put it on their Superman coaster last year, a coaster that's consistently ranked among the top in the country. Needless to say, it slowed their already low dispatch times even more.

This year they moved the VR to their much older Mind Eraser inverted coaster. That experiment only lasted until the second week of June. When they removed it with only 2 weeks notice.

VR on a coaster is probably going to be the fastest disappearing amusement park fad in a long time...

-Rob

Tom Morrow

VR on a coaster is probably going to be the fastest disappearing amusement park fad in a long time...

-Rob
I hope so. The fact that I can go to SeaWorld and possibly not even get on Kraken now is enough to make me hate this.

SeaWorld, you want to impress people? Run your rides at maximum capacity and force your ride ops to attempt efficiency. It's so frustrating to watch Disney and Universal ride ops crank out their dispatches like clockwork and then go to SeaWorld and watch the trains sit in the station for minutes at a time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom