Kraken VR to be removed permanently rumours

mab7689

Original Poster
I am only going off what Dan in Midway Mayhem has said in his latest SeaWorld video but he is reporting that there are rumours that the VR on Kraken unleashed is set to be removed permanently due to its continued technical issues.
Does anyone on here know anything in relation to this?

SuperStretccch

Never got to try it, but it wouldn't surprise me either, considering all the difficulties they seemed to have with it. Maybe VR just isn't meant to be on a roller coaster.

TwilightZone

Never got to try it, but it wouldn't surprise me either, considering all the difficulties they seemed to have with it. Maybe VR just isn't meant to be on a roller coaster.
VR coasters work well, just depends on the coaster. A smaller coster like the new revolution, it adds a lot to a coaster people wouldn't think to visit otherwise.

mab7689

Original Poster
I have only done it the once and it didn't work. When it came to the loading/unloading it took around 5 minutes because of everything they had to do with the headsets. At unloading 5 minutes with that tight restraint on was very uncomfortable. I won't be sad to see it go.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I never understood the need for VR on roller coasters anyway. Takes away the appeal of actually riding the rides anyway.

Tom Morrow

VR is best reserved for smaller, less popular coasters as a breath of new life. It shouldn't have been attempted on something like Kraken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom