Kongs CONFIRMED close date!

ukcoasterfreak

Original Poster
You guys who want to get a couple of last rides on Kong before they take the big guy away should do it before September 9th, being his last day!

Thanks to screamscape.com

Al

Originally posted by ukcoasterfreak
Thanks Sean :D poor Kong :( I'll miss the banana smell as you walk up to the loading bay...that was a really great and fuinny effect!

thats what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i used to love that smell! i could never quite pinpoint what it smelled of though! mmmmmmmmm i can smell it now! :D

james4023464

whats this mummy ride going to be like. I know it is based on the movie The Mummy, but what kind of ride is it going to be I heard it was going to be cutting edge

rocketman23

Originally posted by emmagata
when will Hitchcock close?

I believe Hitch will close early January. As for cutting edge, it is supposed to make a big of an impact on thrill rides as Spidey did when that opened.

Juggler

I can't believe I'm going to miss Kong by 4 days! :cry:

I'm gutted! :cry:

All I can say is it better be one hell of a good replacement to justify taking Kong out. I know it was old, I know it was not the ultimate in thrill rides but you could take just about all the family on it. That's what I like about Universal Studio's. Most of the rides are not that traumatic for people who don't want the pants scaring off them! It's all round good fun!

As long as it's an ace replacement ride then I guess it will be ok and I'll forgive them. Having said all that.... I hate bananas and I won't miss that smell! :lol:

So how long will this new ride take to build? If they shut Kong in Sept, Hitchcock in Jan, Hanna in ???? they are closing a lot of the park down unless they can create these rides PDQ.

Merlin0402

The new mummy ride is supposedly based on coaster technology, so chances are, it will be a coaster that rides through elaborate sets. It really bothers me that they are putting a big thrill ride into the studios. IOA is for thrills but Universal was always for everybody. It was the only park that I rode all the rides at. it won't be anymore...

MKCustodial

You know, I'm very close on quitting Universal all together... They've axed Ghostbusters, the original Beetlejuice, Kong, Hanna-Barbera (a personal favorite). If they touch Back to the Future, Jaws or ET next, I'm out. :mad:

Chad

BTW,
Annual passholders got a posard in the mail announcing that there will be a 'closing ceremony' at 5:30pm, sep. 9th, complete with final rides and a special gift..also, all merchandise is "Insanely priced"...Just thought I'd drop that in there..I'm gonna miss the big, hairy, hydrolic lug.

And I never noticed the 'Banana' smell, but Kong has a very unique smell to it, One I've always loved, and can never place, but entirely unique to itself. Thats what I'll REALLY miss.

Juggler

I have to say I wasn't too upset to see Ghostbusters go... it was very dated with the projection on the glass (compared with todays 3D effects) and Twister is cool. But they have stepped over the mark with Kong. God bless smelly breath! :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom