Kona Coffee??

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
HOLY COW! 40 bucks!:eek:
I bet the bag is only 8-10 oz!!! Remember it's Disney pricing!
You can find 100% Kona off property and online for about $40 a pound. I will on occasion buy a pound of 100% kona as a whole bean and milk it for about 6 months. !00% Kona is also not the most expensive or best coffee out there. Kopi luwak is without question the best coffee I have ever had in my life and it goes for about $350 a pound. You also have to ignore where it comes from.

bethymouse

You can find 100% Kona off property and online for about $40 a pound. I will on occasion buy a pound of 100% kona as a whole bean and milk it for about 6 months. !00% Kona is also not the most expensive or best coffee out there. Kopi luwakis without question the best coffee I have ever had in my life and it goes for about $350 a pound. You also have to ignore where it comes from.
OK- so you grabbed my curiosity... where is the best coffee you've had in you whole life and why ignore where it comes from?;)

jpittore1

OK- so you grabbed my curiosity... where is the best coffee you've had in you whole life and why ignore where it comes from?;)

I had to look it up, too...curious prior to reading...not sure about it after reading...
Kopi Luwak

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Sumatran kopi luwak farmer shows beans prior to cleaning and roasting, Sumatra, Indonesia
Kopi luwak (Indonesian pronunciation: [ˈkopi ˈlu.aʔ]), or civet coffee, is one of the world's most expensive and low-production varieties of coffee. It is made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) and other related civets, then passed through its digestive tract.[1] A civet eats the berries for their fleshy pulp. In its stomach, proteolytic enzymes seep into the beans, making shorter peptides and more free amino acids. Passing through a civet's intestines the beans are then defecated, keeping their shape. After gathering, thorough washing, sun drying, light roasting and brewing, these beans yield an aromatic coffee with much less bitterness.[citation needed] This coffee is widely noted as the most expensive coffee in the world with prices reaching $160 per pound.[2]
Kopi luwak is produced mainly on the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali and Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago. It is also produced in the Philippines (where the product is called motit coffee in the Cordillera, kape alamid in Tagalog areas) and also produced in East Timor (where it is called kafé-laku). Weasel coffee is a loose English translation of its Vietnamese name cà phê Chồn, where popular, chemically simulated versions are also produced. However, Vietnam has 2 farms with 300 wild civets in Dak Lak. The farmers collect the coffee seeds and produce only 300 kg of authentic Vietnamese chon coffee. The civets live in the wild and are fed beef. The processed civet beans are imported to the UK to the farmers' sole UK supplier.

bethymouse

I had to look it up, too...curious prior to reading...not sure about it after reading...
Kopi Luwak

Sumatran kopi luwak farmer shows beans prior to cleaning and roasting, Sumatra, Indonesia
Kopi luwak (Indonesian pronunciation: [ˈkopi ˈlu.aʔ]), or civet coffee, is one of the world's most expensive and low-production varieties of coffee. It is made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) and other related civets, then passed through its digestive tract.[1] A civet eats the berries for their fleshy pulp. In its stomach, proteolytic enzymes seep into the beans, making shorter peptides and more free amino acids. Passing through a civet's intestines the beans are then defecated, keeping their shape. After gathering, thorough washing, sun drying, light roasting and brewing, these beans yield an aromatic coffee with much less bitterness.[citation needed] This coffee is widely noted as the most expensive coffee in the world with prices reaching $160 per pound.[2]
Kopi luwak is produced mainly on the islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali and Sulawesi in the Indonesian Archipelago. It is also produced in the Philippines (where the product is called motit coffee in the Cordillera, kape alamid in Tagalog areas) and also produced in East Timor (where it is called kafé-laku). Weasel coffee is a loose English translation of its Vietnamese name cà phê Chồn, where popular, chemically simulated versions are also produced. However, Vietnam has 2 farms with 300 wild civets in Dak Lak. The farmers collect the coffee seeds and produce only 300 kg of authentic Vietnamese chon coffee. The civets live in the wild and are fed beef. The processed civet beans are imported to the UK to the farmers' sole UK supplier.
Thanks.:) and... ew!LOL.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Kopi Luwak

I can see you have already found your answer. If you ever get the chance to try it I would. The flavor and body is so incredible you will want to win the lottery so you can afford to drink it every day.

JillC LI

I always get the 100% Kona Coffee Press pot.. it is the best coffee in my opinion! I always look forward to my breakfasts at Kona each trip, one of those reasons is the Kona Coffee!

Is it more flavorful or just stronger? Or both? I'm not a fan of Starbucks because it's so strong.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is it more flavorful or just stronger? Or both? I'm not a fan of Starbucks because it's so strong.
I hate Starbucks with a passion but love the Kona press pot. Kona is more full flavored that say your typical Dunkin Donuts coffee but it is not bitter like Starbucks. Quite honestly, coffee of any kind, should not taste like Starbucks coffee.

JillC LI

I hate Starbucks with a passion but love the Kona press pot. Kona is more full flavored that say your typical Dunkin Donuts coffee but it is not bitter like Starbucks. Quite honestly, coffee of any kind, should not taste like Starbucks coffee.

Good to know. I look forward to trying it this December! Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom