Kona Cafe to undergo refurb ?

Mark48

Original Poster
June 8 2022 is showing as the last day to get any reservation at Kona . I have tried all 3 ( Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner ) and nothing is available anytime
after this date. Does this scream " Refurb" to anyone ?

castlecake2.0

June 8 2022 is showing as the last day to get any reservation at Kona . I have tried all 3 ( Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner ) and nothing is available anytime
after this date. Does this scream " Refurb" to anyone ?
I haven’t heard anything but this would suggest it. Bad timing with Narcoosee’s also down, I know it’s totally different menus but still two restaurants down at once at neighboring resorts isn’t the best option.

Clamman73

It shows up to the 18th to look up reservations….none available.
C8832CC1-CA73-4DA7-8FB7-AD5302AB0DC4.jpeg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Not a fan of Tonga toast, now if they'd replace it with Mofongo, I'd be happy and might eat breakfast there.

Dinner is fine right now. They've had some better dishes previously, but the short ribs and airplane chicken are consistently good. I'll be back Thursday for supper.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
They may well refurbish the place and update the menu, but there’s not a chance they’ll remove the Tonga Toast. It’s one of their most requested recipes, appears in multiple Disney cookbooks, and has a pretty big fan base. I wouldn’t worry.

tcool123

Not a fan of Tonga toast, now if they'd replace it with Mofongo, I'd be happy and might eat breakfast there.
Shouldn't the food, ya know be thematically appropriate? Mofongo is a Caribbean dish wrong island region ;)

Although more dishes that originated in Polynesia like Musubi, Loco Moco or do something fun and allow the restaurant to recreate plate lunches from Hawaii.

correcaminos

Dinner is fine right now. They've had some better dishes previously, but the short ribs and airplane chicken are consistently good. I'll be back Thursday for supper.
Mofongo is not a breakfast dish nor Polynesian - it's Puerto Rican with strong African influences. I dislike cooked bananas so no Tonga toast here, but mofongo is not a suitable replacement in any form.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Mofongo is not a breakfast dish nor Polynesian - it's Puerto Rican with strong African influences. I dislike cooked bananas so no Tonga toast here, but mofongo is not a suitable replacement in any form.

Mofongo is great all day long, I don't like bananas but love plantains.

Skywise

Chef Mickey's Polynesian Hut!
no no needs moar IP
Tamatoa's Shiny Cafe!
no no... that's out of date now...
Julieta's Kitchen! yeah, that's the ticket... (with Tonga toast! Julieta's magical recipe!)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Chef Mickey's Polynesian Hut!
no no needs moar IP
Tamatoa's Shiny Cafe!
no no... that's out of date now...
Julieta's Kitchen! yeah, that's the ticket... (with Tonga toast! Julieta's magical recipe!)

What's more disingenuous: Tiki culture-based resort or a tiki culture-based resort with added IP? It's like asking what your favorite artificial flavor is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom