Kona Cafe or 'Ohana Character Breakfast?

aleyva

Original Poster
I'm still debating where to go for breakfast in May for my next trip...
I haven't been to Kona or 'Ohana, so either one would be a nice experiece.
Anyone have a preference? Is one far better than the other? Is there one I should definitely do?
Thanks for the advice in advance!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
ohana11.jpg

Ohana

Kona breakfast food is superior to Ohana's, it is also less expensive.

Ohana, well the food is OK for breakfast, it is expensive for what you are served. It isn't anything special, difficult to prepare or unique.

I'd go with Kona unless characters trump food quality. It all depends on which is the priority to you and yours.

aleyva

Original Poster
ohana11.jpg

Ohana

Kona breakfast food is superior to Ohana's, it is also less expensive.

Ohana, well the food is OK for breakfast, it is expensive for what you are served. It isn't anything special, difficult to prepare or unique.

I'd go with Kona unless characters trump food quality. It all depends on which is the priority to you and yours.

Thats good to know. The menu at Kona sounds a lot better than 'Ohana. Thanks for the advice!

mamabunker

Kona breakfast is my favorite breakfast in WDW. Maybe anywhere actually! The Tonga Toast is the best - I was torn between that & the pancakes too. I wish DH would eat one of them, because we could get both & share! Anyways, I'd choose Kona for sure!

My absolute favorite, for sure. Tonga Toast and a press pot of Kona coffee. My favorite meal, ever.

bethymouse

If you choose 'Ohana, it's a regular ole breakfast served family style AUCE! But, when we were there, the food was kinda cold and they kept "pushing" the Mickey waffles.:(
You can get Tonga Toast @ Captain Cook's QS as well.;)
But, I would say Kona Cafe for breakfast or dinner. Both good food.:)
Loved 'Ohana for dinner though!:D

DisneyDebNJ

Ohana breakfast food, you can get anywhere (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits) but Kona has so many wonderful offerings. Tonga Toast, Big Kahuna, Macadamia Nut and Pineapple Pancakes, pulled pork eggs benedict.... hands down, I'd pick Kona!!!

DisneyDebNJ

If you choose 'Ohana, it's a regular ole breakfast served family style AUCE! But, when we were there, the food was kinda cold and they kept "pushing" the Mickey waffles.:(
Oh yesssssss Beth you are so right!! Ohana is a MUST DO for dinner!! I wasn't thrilled with Ohana breakfast last year at all. Even the characters weren't nearly as fun as they are at Chef Mickey's

aleyva

Original Poster
Yeah, I was thinking Kona would a more unique experience as far as food. I do love Mickey Waffles, but Tonga Toast sounds AMAZING! :)

bethymouse

Even the characters weren't nearly as fun
I was disappointed w/ the characters too. They just seemed to be in such a rush, and didn't seem "special" or "magical" to me.:( Pluto's tag was upside down. Lilo was just not exciting, and Stitch wasn't 1/2 the fun as he is @ EPCOT.:( Mickey just didn't have any energy.:(
Oh well. You live and you learn!;)

aleyva

Original Poster
Even the characters weren't nearly as fun
I was disappointed w/ the characters too. They just seemed to be in such a rush, and didn't seem "special" or "magical" to me.:( Pluto's tag was upside down. Lilo was just not exciting, and Stitch wasn't 1/2 the fun as he is @ EPCOT.:( Mickey just didn't have any energy.:(
Oh well. You live and you learn!;)

:( That's too bad. Hopefully Kona doesn't let me down! lol

armyfamilyof5

Our family has always had excellent luck with our character breakfast at 'Ohana but Kona's pancakes and pulled pork eggs benedict are more what I enjoy. I'm not a fan of the Tonga Toast, please don't flame me :oops: , I don't like the cinammon sugar coating.... but my husband sure enjoys it. I'm not a coffee drinker but he says the pressed pot there is the best to be had at Disney and we have to eat there at least once so he can have an excellent cup of joe. If you have little kids 'Ohana is the way to go but if you are just interested in a good meal Kona wins hands down.

HouCuseChickie

I have yet to try Kona (hoping it works in our plans next trip), but we have done 'Ohana breakfast and while we had very good character interaction, the food was unthe polar opposite. I know others have had good food here, so I'd like to think it's just a matter of experiences varying, but because of our experience- it won't be in our rotation for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom