know of any good marriott's near wdw

winterparkbaby

Original Poster
hello. normally we stay on property, but my husband has over million marriott points so we thought we would use some during our trip in february. so any rec's for a marriott prop close to the kingdom.

i have checked out the marriott website, i just know from our very frequent stays in marriotts that they really vary from hotel to hotel and wondered if anyone had been to one recently.

thanks.

CRO-Magnum

As a Marriott Rewards member I use my rewards I earn all year travelling for business to stay in Orlando. At the top of the Marriott heap is the World Center across from WDW's main entrance. Great hotel but expensive. There is a cluster of good Marriott properties next to I-4 near the Disney Village (or whatever it's called now). They have a Spring Hill Suites which I've stayed in multiple times, along with others (Courtyard, Fairfield, etc. I believe). The pool is great; zero entry so it's like walking into a pond rather than a typical pool. The rooms are decent in size with enough space for a family of five.

winterparkbaby

Original Poster
marriott

i was looking at the courtyard near buena vista on vineland. i also thought about the world center. but the closer the better i feel. stayed at the world center many times before and was okay with it but did not feel any wow factor, so i figure the courtyard as long as it is clean will suit us fine.

we are thinking february. we ap holders so are a little flexible. but with my husbands bussiness we can not be for sure.

speck76

The is a large Citywide convention the 7-10thish of Feb, you will not be able to redeem in that time period....same with President's week, and the 3 days prior to that weekend.

speck76

winterparkbaby said:
even with premier platinum, i thought we could override, or is that we can override with payment but not points

You can override if paying full rate. You could also purchase a "Stay Anytime" award, which costs a bit more in points, but has no blackout dates at all.

schroder6452

that Cluster of Marriott hotels right off property is the Marriott Village. there is a SpringHill Suites, Courtyard, and Fairfield in the group. we stayed in the Fairfield Inn this past spring. we enjoyed our stay over there.

speck76

schroder6452 said:
that Cluster of Marriott hotels right off property is the Marriott Village. there is a SpringHill Suites, Courtyard, and Fairfield in the group. we stayed in the Fairfield Inn this past spring. we enjoyed our stay over there.

The Marriott Village is nice....1100 rooms of Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, and Springhill Suites, a food court, 3 pools, an arcade, fitness center. All the properties are upgraded from the typical design.....

SpenceMan01

We're staying in the Spring Hill Suites for the first half our trip in Jan. (on points). I've never stayed there, but I hope it's nice. The second half of the week we're switching over to the Hawthorne Suites - LBV (covered by my mom's work). I'm anticipating that they'll both be nice.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
speck76 said:
The Marriott Village is nice....1100 rooms of Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, and Springhill Suites, a food court, 3 pools, an arcade, fitness center. All the properties are upgraded from the typical design.....

How do they compare price wise to the Allstars? From what I remember, these are typically @ $75 per nite rooms.

speck76

hakunamatata said:
How do they compare price wise to the Allstars? From what I remember, these are typically @ $75 per nite rooms.

The prices are more seasonal. Unlike the All Stars, the Marriott Village gets some play in the large citywide conventions....plus, take away the Disney benefits (transportation and whatnot) the Marriott Village is a far better property. Prices range from $59-$139.

schroder6452

we stayed at the Fairfield during the week of March 28- April 3 2004, which happened to be a down week during spring break, but we got the room for about $60 over the internet.

pwmini

We just got back from 5 nites at the Fairfield there. It is clean and the staff is friendly, just avoid the over zealous Marriott vacation man.:) The area is nice, there is a Bahama Breeze in the same area...makes it easy to stumble back to the room after Rum drinks. It is the second time we have stayed at the hotels there. They are conveniently located and one of the outlet malls is located on the same road.

R&RsMom

We are also considering staying offsite at a Marriott for our next trip because we have so many points. Is the World Center Marriott the closest to the theme parks? Does anyone know if they provide transportation to any of the theme parks because we were not going to rent a car? What tier hotel is this one compared to the others (just wondering how many more points this one is?)

speck76

R&RsMom said:
We are also considering staying offsite at a Marriott for our next trip because we have so many points. Is the World Center Marriott the closest to the theme parks? Does anyone know if they provide transportation to any of the theme parks because we were not going to rent a car? What tier hotel is this one compared to the others (just wondering how many more points this one is?)

The World Center is a "catagory 6" resort, and would be the closest to the Disney Parks. Free transportation is available to the Universal parks and to Sea World (I think) but the Disney transportation is done through Mears, and their is a nominal fee.

R&RsMom

Thanks for the info. Do any of the Marriott properties provide free transportation to the Disney theme parks? Does Mears make scheduled stops for pickup in the am at the World Ctr Marriott and for the return trip or do we have to call each day for a reservation because that could be a hassle.

speck76

R&RsMom said:
Thanks for the info. Do any of the Marriott properties provide free transportation to the Disney theme parks? Does Mears make scheduled stops for pickup in the am at the World Ctr Marriott and for the return trip or do we have to call each day for a reservation because that could be a hassle.

It is on a schedule, tickets can be bought from the concierge as far as I know.

The hotel phone number is 407-239-4200....I think the concierge is ext. 85152.

I do not think any Marriott hotels have free transportation to WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom