Kitchen Sink Thoughts

MickeyLuv'r

I This is from a local place, and you know that light one has my name written all over it!

While I know I've seen them in delis, I always associate the big layer cakes in the displays with NJ diners. My parents took us to one called Lester's that had something reminiscent of what we used to see in NJ.

I think I've had enough conch chowder and key lime pie from going down to the Keys that I'm good. LOL In general, I've learned to lower my expectations with traditional things at WDW owned restaurants.
Yes, the lighter pickles are the best!

I've been to Lester's! At least one in Ft Lauderdale. Their cakes and pies are good! It has been quite a few years though.

Blasphemy! I could eat a lot of Key Lime pie and conch chowder before I'd get sick of either. Well, as long as they were good chowder and pie.

I don't expect WDW to have awesome every kind of food, it is just some aspects of WDW strike me as odd. In Epcot, the Land pavilion could be so much more than it is. Florida is a pretty significant agricultural state, and what they produce is varied. The Living with the Land has a good spiel, but then you exit the ride and the food court offerings aren't terrible, it just could be so much better. A pavilion dedicated to agriculture should showcase agriculture via our sense of taste. Food there should be a WOW!

Best wishes in your ice cream quest!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom