Kingdom of Dreams

Twilight_Roxas

Doesn’t all the parks have music plus the imagination area could work with Journey through imagination, magic eye theatre, and the Imageworks.

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
Since no matter what lands I add, Main Street will be first, let's explore that. I'll include a very basic map of each land so you can have a visual- but fair warning, I'm an awful drawer.

Before entering the tunnels, you notice plaques above each entrance . They are various Walt Disney quotes. As you walk through each tunnel, digtal posters are on the walls, each making simple movements. You emerge from the tunnel into a large square. This is Town Square , We'll start by exploring Town square before moving onto the side streets/ squares and the main drag in the next few posts.

You turn around to see the Main Street Railroad Station. This has the glass roof over it to match the entrance plaza. A ramp leads up to the station platform. Turning back around you see a large square of brick paving with flagpoles. Benches are scattered around this square. This is a character meeting location as well as the home of two carts. Popcorn cart and Churro cart . These carts contain the classic versions of these treats. For popcorn it's butter and for churro it's the classic cinnamon sugar. Each land has at least two carts of each treat, with different flavors per land. Moving to the left you see Town Hall - This is where one of the parks Guest Services is. Also in this building is the parks Lost and Found. Next to this is a pharmacy facade, this is where First Aid is located. This is only one of the first aid locations in the park. ( There's a small one in every land because the park is huge). In an old victorian home there is Baby Care, Next to Baby care are the Restrooms, this is one of two in this land- the others are up by the hub. Next to the restrooms is Joe's Coffee and Tea - themed like a small town coffee shop- this is the Starbucks for this land. Joe's stretches to the corner where Town square veers off into a side street. Turning towards the main drag, you see the Emporium - This is one of the two main catch all shops in the park- this is in an L shape along that side street and the main drag. Across the Main drag , you find Main Street Confectionery - this is the lands bakery . Next to the Confectionery you will find a small park with a gazbo - this is a character meet and greet location. The last thing before the side street veers off is Roy's, this is the Club 33 location for this land. Across from City Hall is Town Square Theater- this is a smaller theater that shows smaller stage shows then Big City's Theater.

In the next post we'll be covering one of the side streets

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
We'll be walking through Harmony Street in this post. This is this side street on the right side of town square

The side street that veers off next to the theater is a connecting street to another smaller square.. On the left side Main Street Makeovers is found. This is a makeover location ala pirates league. Next to the makeover location is Harmony Barbershop and Harmony Hair Salon this is where you can get your hair cut and styled. Next to this is a small walk up building for Main street Funnel Cake. This is one of many funnel cake locations throughout the park. Each land has a different flavor, Main street's the classic flavor. After the funnel cake- the street empties out into Invention Square. We'll explore that in a bit Opposite these locations are two buildings. One is next to the theater Main street Dance Studio. This is a first come first serve dance studio- linking to the choreography that is performed next door. Next to the dance studio is S.E.A.M Outpost this is the outpost for S.E.A.M in this land. It is covered with paint.

Last edited:

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
Author
So I've made a vague map- I'll share it once I find a better way of making it. If anyone has any recommendations for someone using a chromebook ( Basically browser only.) I'd love to hear it!
Secondly- Here is a breakdown of types of lands inside the berm
32 regular lands- I've come up with 28. Thinking on more, open for suggestions
4 Entrance lands - I've come up with 1. Thinking on more, open for suggestions
1 hub

Should I include the big IP lands inside the berm or outside?

spacemt354

Chili's
Author
So I've made a vague map- I'll share it once I find a better way of making it. If anyone has any recommendations for someone using a chromebook ( Basically browser only.) I'd love to hear it!
1 hub

I'd say inside!

D Hulk

Author
1 hub

I'd say outside!

To elaborate, like how Disneyland's Galaxy's Edge is separated from the rest of the park, or how Hong Kong Disneyland's beyond-the-berm lands work.

D Hulk

Regarding the additional entrance lands...What if they all related to Walt's life in some way?

Like how Main Street is largely based on Walt's childhood in Marceline. You could include something like DCA's Buena Vista Street, which reflects Walt's life when his first arrived in California. Something like Progress City (Walt's original EPCOT city concept) to represent his late life. As for a fourth land, I'm at a loss. Maybe something like DHS's entry land? Though if I recall you already have a Hollywood land planned for your park.

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
Regarding the additional entrance lands...What if they all related to Walt's life in some way?

Like how Main Street is largely based on Walt's childhood in Marceline. You could include something like DCA's Buena Vista Street, which reflects Walt's life when his first arrived in California. Something like Progress City (Walt's original EPCOT city concept) to represent his late life. As for a fourth land, I'm at a loss. Maybe something like DHS's entry land? Though if I recall you already have a Hollywood land planned for your park.
Ooh that's a good idea. I'll think about a fourth entrance land- Maybe something related to Florida?

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
Added the entrance lands to the first post. Still looking for four lands inside the berm. I'm leaning more towards outside the berm for the Star Wars and Marvel lands. Any concepts or ideas for lands?

Twilight_Roxas

Or just a suggestion have it be a Summer event with a Camp Halfblood overlay, and Mickey & friends wearing Camp Halfblood clothes. Kinda like they did with Marvel.

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
While I figure out the remaining four lands let's check out one of the Disney Springs type areas. ( I will go further in detail on this later)
Blue Sky Theater Neighborhood
This is a mini Broadway of sorts. There are 25 Theaters. This area is also populated with Restaurants, shopping and hotels. Disney has Three theaters for it's own productions. 17 theaters for long run shows ( More then a couple months ) and 5 theaters for touring shows.

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
I've thought about some lands overnight!
A space themed land- This would go over in the futuristic area of the park ( Flight will be addressed in other areas of the park)
Villains ? - Not sure about this inside the berm- It could also be a subland of Fantasyland
Oceania- Ocean exploration ( Little Mermaid, Atlantis would be main ips for this land)

Opinions?

Ludpat Mike

In the Parks
No
A space themed land- This would go over in the futuristic area of the park ( Flight will be addressed in other areas of the park)
Villains ? - Not sure about this inside the berm- It could also be a subland of Fantasyland
Oceania- Ocean exploration ( Little Mermaid, Atlantis would be main ips for this land)

Opinions?
Moana would fit in Oceania, too. You know, in Italy her movie was released with the title "Oceania" (because ocean, the princess' name is Vaiana for - reportedly - copyright reasons), so that is the first IP I think of 😂.

Villains... I think they would fit well as a subland of Fantasyland

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's

Opinions?
Villains works well as a subland of FL. As for Oceania you could also fit in 20K Leagues Under the Sea or Finding Nemo!

Shannoninthemagic

Original Poster
Moana would fit in Oceania, too. You know, in Italy her movie was released with the title "Oceania" (because ocean, the princess' name is Vaiana for - reportedly - copyright reasons), so that is the first IP I think of 😂.

Villains... I think they would fit well as a subland of Fantasyland
Villains works well as a subland of FL. As for Oceania you could also fit in 20K Leagues Under the Sea or Finding Nemo!
I'll add Oceania and Starland ( the space themed land) to the lands list. Villains will make FL even larger. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom