Kingdom Keepers

flowerpicker713

Original Poster
Hey, so there is a book series written by Ridley Pearson, and it's based in WDW! A bunch of kids become holograms for Disney, and then proceed to have to rescue the park from villains. They describe some great rides, both real and imaginary. This thread is really to see if anyone can think of a way to integrate these books into the parks, or for people to just have a good Disney themed read! Just a heads up to adults though, they're a touch childish.

Perhaps they could make a game out of it, like the old Kim Possible game in EPCOT?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If you do a thread search you'll find some more discussion on these books. I believe the author has appeared for book signings in the parks before as well.

Mr.Skunkape

I do not think that keepers should be in the park but it would make a good series of disney channel tv movies with using actors from old disney shows as the overtakers.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have actually met and gone to book signings for Ridley Pearson and the Kingdom Keepers books on the Dream and the Fantasy. He did tell us about Peter and the Starcatchers going to Broadway, but nothing about Disney making films out of the books.

Pam

lisak09

Hey, so there is a book series written by Ridley Pearson, and it's based in WDW! A bunch of kids become holograms for Disney, and then proceed to have to rescue the park from villains. They describe some great rides, both real and imaginary. This thread is really to see if anyone can think of a way to integrate these books into the parks, or for people to just have a good Disney themed read! Just a heads up to adults though, they're a touch childish.

Perhaps they could make a game out of it, like the old Kim Possible game in EPCOT?
What age group are they aimed at do you know? Teenagers or would they be suitable for younger kids?

hunty

I have actually met and gone to book signings for Ridley Pearson and the Kingdom Keepers books on the Dream and the Fantasy. He did tell us about Peter and the Starcatchers going to Broadway, but nothing about Disney making films out of the books.

Pam

oh dear thats just upset my wife she just finished reading the fifth book and cant wait for the next one

rufio

I tried reading the first one and it just kind of weirded me out... You know, with the pre-teen romance and all. I'm thinking about picking up "Key to the Kingdom" soon.

flowerpicker713

Original Poster
I tried reading the first one and it just kind of weirded me out... You know, with the pre-teen romance and all. I'm thinking about picking up "Key to the Kingdom" soon.

All things relative. When the options are this, or Twilight, I'll read this. XD The second one is very good. The only one I had any trouble getting into is the fifth one, which I'm reading now. I'm just not enjoying it as much.

rufio

All things relative. When the options are this, or Twilight, I'll read this. XD The second one is very good. The only one I had any trouble getting into is the fifth one, which I'm reading now. I'm just not enjoying it as much.

Why are the options only this or Twilight? :confused:

Sarabi124

HUGE fan of this book series. Have read the first six and need to pick up the seventh. I believe there was some sort of KK experience at WDW, but it was purely academic, and used by Florida schools. Also, there were rumors of a movie titled Magic Kingdom (I think) in which a family got stuck in the parks at night. Similar concept, but not the same story. I am all for more KK in the parks though! It's such a good series for any Disney lover.

Stevek

Have enjoyed all the books and I'm a bit older than the target audience methinks. The books on the DCL have been a bit tougher for me to get into so I'm looking forward to book 7 next week as it's set in Disneyland, at least to some extent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom