kingdom hearts

Redsky89

I like the first one. My cousin had it and I thought it was amazing. They need to stop making them for hand held consoles and make one for Playstation 3 or something big.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well being a big fan of the game and also Cosplayer (I cosplay as King Mickey and Sora) I would have to narrow it like this...

#7 Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories GBA & PS2
#6 Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days NDS
#5 Kingdom Hearts: Re-Coded NDS
#4 Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep PSP
#3 Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance N3DS
#2 Kingdom Hearts PS2
#1 Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2

Bairstow

I've only played the two games on the Playstation 2, and while the first one was an interesting mashup of Squaresoft's Final Fantasy aesthetic and re-hashes of various Disney movies, the second one went way overboard with its own inexplicable story elements. On top of that, the gameplay in KH2 had major, major flaws- apart from doing some stats/item management all you really have to do is point the character at the dozens of onscreen enemies and press "X" over and over again. That and the tutorial level is like 5 hours long.

novawildcat18

I am a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts but I really am not a fan of any of the handhelds besides Birth By Sleep. Birth By Sleep is the only one that felt like the console KH games. This being said, I am looking forward to playing Dream Drop Distance (I need to find someone's 3DS to borrow) and of course Kingdom Hearts 3 when it is finally released.

Powerline

As the current state of Kingdom Hearts games have been, I honestly fear Kingdom Hearts 3. I've played every KH game (excluding Final Mixes or the original coded) and can say I enjoyed the bulk of the series, but there's has been some kinks in the system.

But on topic.

(Best to worst)

-Kingdom Hearts 1
-Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
-Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
-Kingdom Hearts 2
-Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
-Kingdom hearts: Re-Coded

On top of that, the gameplay in KH2 had major, major flaws- apart from doing some stats/item management all you really have to do is point the character at the dozens of onscreen enemies and press "X" over and over again. That and the tutorial level is like 5 hours long.

THANK YOU! I seriously do not understand why Chain of Memories gets beef and Kingdom hearts 2 gets more glory. CoM had such a nice battle system and made the game challenging at most points. I felt like I just smashed X all the way through Kingdom Hearts 2.

Maryssa*

I soooooo wish they'd put some of those handheld games on the console =/ BBS is the best game imo but eew PSP.
I agree game mechanics wise about KH2 being mostly button mashing (I was literally laughing at the very final stage of the final boss with BUTTON MASHING TO THE MAXIMUM) but the story was so, so good and satisfied a lot of what I was sad about at the end of the first game. It definitely also still had pretty tough bosses that made me throw my controller at the TV >.<

Anyone else getting the collectors edition KH3D? =D

Powerline

There is no point for Mark of Mastery Edition besides useless cards.

Pro tip: Pre ordering the standard edition online already gets you the dream eater AR cards. Not sure if this works in a retail place like GameStop.

ishmael0316

I LOVE Kingdom Hearts! I would say that the 2nd one is my fav with the first game being a very close second! I wish they would make a hi def combo pack for PS3!

l4dybu6

I am a HUGE KH fanatic :)
I would say my favorite game is BBS haha
I'm also making a Kairi cosplay for MNSSHP (with a foam keyblade, since I can't bring my metal one)
Has anyone else cosplayed KH to MNSSHP? And would anyone be willing to cosplay with me?

JimboJones123

So this doesn't get moved, many of the items dropped by enemies in Dream Drop Distance are FIGMENTS!!!

Normally the items are just ones copied over from the Final Fantasy world. Nice little touch.

The new game isn't very fun though. Too much going on with touch screen controls that aren't very well explained. Took me 5 switches before I realized that there was a countdown clock telling you when you would switch. I just kept thinking I was dying.

SmartNoob89

Like the series, but it's really starting to get ridiculous with all the plot-twists, lack of KHIII (screw FXIII Versus if it's taken THIS long), and the fact so much stuff is Japan-only. The story has reached MGS-levels of unecessary complexity that I don't know if I wanna continue supporting it. Nomura is like TDO; taking too darn long to get stuff out the door. :p

wiigirl

Really only like the original on PlayStation 2.

Me too...My kids have it for their 3ds but haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. :p
75.gif

Bairstow

Like the series, but it's really starting to get ridiculous with all the plot-twists, lack of KHIII (screw FXIII Versus if it's taken THIS long), and the fact so much stuff is Japan-only. The story has reached MGS-levels of unecessary complexity that I don't know if I wanna continue supporting it. Nomura is like TDO; taking too darn long to get stuff out the door. :p

Here's a handy summary: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8c...i00YzAzLWJjZTAtZTllODY2OTc2MTMx/edit?hl=en_US

Bairstow

Don't worry, I get the story and all, it's just that it's developed into something far too convoluted than neccessary.

Oh, no doubt. I thought the summary made it obvious how ludicrous the stories are.
The first game was hard enough to follow as-is.
I just gave up when playing the second.
A cutscene would be going by about virtual sleep or people-within-people or whatever and I would just think, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, where's Tron and Johnny Depp?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom