Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded Promotion?

Mr.E

Original Poster
Hey Everyone,
Long time viewer, first time poster. Anyway, it was announced today that the latest installment of Kingdom Hearts (Re:Coded) will be available in the US on January 11th.
I'm definitely a fan, but I'm especially excited because I'll be at the parks the weekend prior to this. I know that the promotional tie-ins these games have had with the parks has been slim at best, but I was curious if anything was going to be planned. I had heard that Tokyo Disney Sea had done a little something to promote the game when it came out there (a statute, merchandising, etc). I know its a long shot, but I figured it would be worth asking and discussing...

FigmentJedi

I can tell you right now that the US parks will probably be getting nothing special for Recoded. US Disney management doesn't really understand the franchise that much. Heck, before the first game even came out, they thought it'd be a disaster.

Cmdr_Crimson

I wouldn't hold your breath... There wasn't anything for 358/2 when I was there last year, Nor anything for the recent release if Birth By Sleep last time they promoted Kingdom Hearts at Disney World was during 2004's Not so scarry Halloween party for the Game Boy Advance release of KH Chain of Memories....I even have the pics to prove that Sora, Donald & Goofy were their in there attire!
Sora,Me, Donald & Goofy.
sora1.jpg
sora3.jpg

And one more of Sora.
sora2.jpg

Also If you think your going to find Kingdom Hearts merch at the Japan Pavillion in Epcot...You'll be sad to find while there's alot of Anime Merch...They had nothing KH Related..It's sad.

enoe01

I never really understood or appreciated this stuff or anime. I mean come on whats the deal with it, it looks like someone on LSD decided to try their hand at animation. JMO

FigmentJedi

I never really understood or appreciated this stuff or anime. I mean come on whats the deal with it, it looks like someone on LSD decided to try their hand at animation. JMO

Because Japanese animation never had the huge censorship culture that made American animation be seen as only for kids.

And in the case of Kingdom Hearts, the appeal is generally that whole massive Disney/Square crossover angle, though it's been getting ridiculously more complex then it needs to be ever since they brought in Organization 13.

Mr.E

Original Poster
I figured it'd probably be a no-go - thanks for the info though. Man, it seems like a wasted opportunity not to give it any presence in the parks whatsoever. I love the pictures though - what I wouldn't give to get a picture with KH Donald and Goofy! I'm pretty sure that Sora costume is going to haunt me in my dreams, though...

As for the whole anime thing, Kingdom Hearts is about as far as I delve into it nowadays (Though I could tell you exactly who Cmdr_Crimson is dressed up as in those pictures!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom