Kingdom Hearts Meet and Greets

DisneyWales

Original Poster
Hi Folks, just a random question.

Ive been looking online for costumes for Halloween (yes im planning my Halloween costume now) and i came across, by chance a picture of someone doing a meet and greet with Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Now while i have no sure fire proof that this was from WDW, im 90% sure that it was. The Character costume was of the high standard we would expect from WDW. The Human in the picture was dressed as a pirate holding a candy bag like you get at MNSSHP, and holding a blue autograph book. Oh and behind the characters you could see what looks to be the giant water tubes like things from the charater greeting area in Tommorowland (Timekeeper). Now i know that the area was used during 2005's MNSSHP as a Buena Vista Games area, so its possible that this is from last years party. But i dont know of anyone who had their pic with Sora, and we went in there twice and never saw him.

Im so sad if i missed him as that would have been my second character highlight (After Maleficent), please dont tell me i missed another rare character greet, i missed Elvis Stitch too.:(

Can anyone else confirm if there is a Sora Costume in use at WDW.

Thanks

P.S. My vids are gonna be offline soon (cost too much for the bandwith) so if you wanna see them before they dissappear better head over to my site now. As soon as i reach my bandwith limit thats it there gone for a very long time, but hope to get them back after my next visit (Sept 2006).

Regards

K.

daguru

I do not believe that was a Disney costume. I have not heard any of the Kingdom Hearts characters (like Sora) at the parks....

Now, it may have been at the Halloween Party and a guest came dressed up. I have seen that happen all the time (my wife did that same thing with a really good Maleficent guest costume)... Without seeing the picture I can't be sure, but I bet that is what it was....

spectropluto

Kingdom Hearts Sora

KH Sora, Goofy and Donald were all in the TimeKeeper area starting Halloween 2004, I believe. but I know for a FACT they were there. Trust me.

Sorry!

:brick:

Cmdr_Crimson

I've seen them, I've met them, I've got Pictures of them (Yet I don't know how to upload them *doh!*). To answer your question about the KH sora outfit is known as Kigurumi..The japanese artform of Cosplay Costumed Characters.....Google that word you'll see anime characters that are really neat looking!

typhoonguy

Sora

Cmdr_Crimson said:
I've seen them, I've met them, I've got Pictures of them (Yet I don't know how to upload them *doh!*). To answer your question about the KH sora outfit is known as Kigurumi..The japanese artform of Cosplay Costumed Characters.....Google that word you'll see anime characters that are really neat looking!

Yes, sora is at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

animay

Hopefully they'll return for the 2006 party since Kingdom Hearts 2 came out this year. I don't care about getting photos with the characters, but I would definitely get one with the Kingdom Hearts crew.

DisneyWales

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks guys i new i wasnt cracking up.

The little boy in the pic had Soras autograph, you could see this clearly from the picture, so i was pretty sure it was WDW. But again i was sure that it wasnt from 2005 MNSSHP. Im hoping to go as Sora for this years party so it would be cool if the KH crew were about in the parks for this years Party.

FigmentJedi

I believe the Sora costume (Along with KH Donald and Goofy) was created for a press event in Japan for Kingdom Hearts 2 a few years ago.

RenegadeMilkmen

I'd love a Kingdom Hearts meet and greet type thing. I just started playing Kingdom Hearts II, its amazing so far and I'd recommend it to any fan of Disney movies and action games.

Mandylorian

Thanks, Cmdr_Crimson! I’ve seen your pictures with Sora all over the Internet. :D

That’s what I had thought, but Drew81 mentioned getting one, and the OP said it looked like a little dude got one as well.

I knew it was a stretch anyway, seeing as it was from 2004, but I thought I’d try.

Fingers crossed they’re back this year with KH 3!

Cmdr_Crimson

Thanks, Cmdr_Crimson! I’ve seen your pictures with Sora all over the Internet. :D

That’s what I had thought, but Drew81 mentioned getting one, and the OP said it looked like a little dude got one as well.

I knew it was a stretch anyway, seeing as it was from 2004, but I thought I’d try.

Fingers crossed they’re back this year with KH 3!

Last time they had any KH Version of Characters was at a Recent cast party at Epcot as they specifically requested those versions of Donald & Goofy...Sadly tho no Sora,,

3a390949586ee290dff9e950755c7b43.jpg

And the King Mickey version was spotted at the 2015 Tokyo D23 Expo...
cta1lkwiaiksbf.jpg

Mandylorian

The Epcot cast party appearance was due to the costumes being flown in for a wedding. The couple is on Twitter and posted a fair br about it.

We had our hopes up that something was in the works, but that was sadly not the case.

I would love to see that King Mickey in the parks!

Mandylorian

This is not the wedding where the couple paid to have them flown in from Japan; it’s too bad this one didn’t go first because I don’t think Disney would have charged them shipping!

This was on the Disney Dream, not WDW. The other wedding was in Epcot.

Last edited:

nitstalker

A Kingdom Hearts meet and greet would be really cool! Especially with the new one coming out with expanded characters. If anyone hasn't seen the trailer for the game yet it looks cool - and they are finally releasing it on Xbox :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom