Kingdom Hearts III

Connor002

Original Poster
... is reported as being on the table.

Nomura on Kingdom Hearts III
Disney already asking for a sequel.
by Anoop Gantayat

US, October 30, 2006 - With Kingdom Hearts II now out in America and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + on the way to Japan, the question in the minds of Kingdom Hearts fans throughout the world is, what's up with Kingdom Hearts III? Producer Tetsuya Nomura answered that very question in an interview featured in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation.

"We've already been approached by the Disney side saying that they want us to make it," said the busy producer regarding the next installment in the series. "What I can say at this time is 'We have various ideas, but we're not at the point where we can say that.' Looking at the development schedule, after KHII FM+, the Kingdom Hearts team has Final Fantasy Versus XIII awaiting, so it's physically impossible at the present. I feel that it's not the right time to talk about the future of Kingdom Hearts."

Nomura is currently busy with a number of projects, including the Kingdom Hearts II update, FF Versus XIII, Subarashiki Kono Sekai (DS), Monotone (mobile), Dirge of Cerberus: Lost Episode (mobile), Crisis Core (PSP) and the Advent Children Blu-ray.

erasure fan1

I have also read that they have not decided on the system yet. Square said that they want to be more even this generation, and that would be great. I dont want to see kingdom hearts be just playstation (as for I dont plan to have one for a LONG time, not at $600 anyway.) I guess if any one system does dominate, I wouldnt be suprised if square does go exlusive.

Dj Corona

Well with Disney asking for a third installment, I guess this'll put to rest some of the internet rumors and talk that part 3 was going to spin-off in a Disney-less direction. The bad news is it'll probably be years before it comes out.

Orochiko

Banned
Have you guys seen the 'Secret ending' yet? It's a trailer for the third game.

I'd be kind of surprised if you guys haven't seen it, considering it's turning up all over the internet. Although, the trailer doesn't show much. Basically three knights surrounded by hundreds of keyblades, and phrases like 'keyblade war' and the like flying around the screen. There are a lot of debates going on in forums, to see if the game takes place in either the past or the future, and who these three knights really are. I myself think it may be the incarnations or re-incarnations of Sora, Riku and Kairi, but this is one of the more obvious choises, so i'm not sure.

I can't wait until I get my hands on Dirge of Cerberus....

Dj Corona

Yep, saw it, although as with the original game's "secret ending" how much of it will play into part III's storyline is anybody's guess. To go along with what I originally posted, that ending helped fuel the rumors on the 'net that the team behind the games wanted to stray away from the Disney angle, and take into more of a Final Fantasy type of thing. But, like I said, if Disney's asking for a third one, hopefully, they keep the two entertwined. I haven't heard anything more about a PS2 (or PS3) version of Chain of Memories, and I really wish A) Square should know by now they have another franchise game that they should've already have time prepared for, and B) I'm really starting to wonder when Disney will start to cash in on KH. Other then a horrible looking Sora with Donald and Goofy in KH gear at a meet 'n' greet at MNSSHP at the old Timekeeper entrance last year, and KH action figures at the store in Japan in Epcot, that's been about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom