kinda bummed

DznyGrlSD

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
...my DBF and I were talking about engagements the other day and he told me he wouldn't propose at Disney. Said he wanted to something more 'creative and unexpected' if we ever decide to get married. So I'm kind bummed, but he said we could have a Disney wedding though.

DisneyDad1964

Proposing at Disney

...my DBF and I were talking about engagements the other day and he told me he wouldn't propose at Disney. Said he wanted to something more 'creative and unexpected' if we ever decide to get married. So I'm kind bummed, but he said we could have a Disney wedding though.

OR maybe he's setting you up for the big surprise? :D

When we were there last year, a guy proposed right in front of the Castle. Sure it was a bit contrived, and maybe even a cliche, but it was also very romantic. Everyone around was watching, a few hundred at least, and when he dropped to one knee the girl just shrieked- "..oh my God, oh my GOD!" :sohappy:

It was pretty cool.

disneygirl1

My Ex said the same thing, said I would be expecting it, so he actually proposed on the beach when we took a mini trip to the shore before our Disney Vaction. Kind of glad he did that thou, since obviously he was my true prince charming.

Spinky

My Fiance said He wouldnt do it there Either and he didnt but he did say that we could honeymoon there wich was fine as long as I get to celibrate our wedding in Disney Kind of lol :D

mpoppins217

My BF told me the same thing the other day. He said he knows it means a lot to me and it's my dream but he just thought it was dumb and would want it to be more personal and less cliche than that. He also hates the idea of a Disney wedding. But he did say yes to a Disney honeymoon! I'll take what I can get. And to be honest, I'll just be happy when that proposal comes! :lookaroun

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes

I just told Colleen the same thing...meanwhile...

TomHendricks

I proposed to my wife at Epcot, during Illuminations. I actually ment to propose in the America Adventures pavilion, right after a Voices of Liberty performance. We both love them, however I got really nervous and I decided to wait until the fireworks.

When I proposed at Disney, having a Disney wedding was not on our mind. We were going to get married back at home, but the more we thought about it Disney seamed like the right place to get married.

stitchsMom

My fiance told me the exact same thing - wasn't going to happen (though it was associated with an arguement...) anyway, the whole time I was agonizing over it with my self-pity parade -- even when we were at WDW -- it turns out he had made the best laid plans anyway for a Disney proposal. When I was upset thinking I wouldn't get my dream proposal, so many others on this forum kept telling me to stay positive. You know, I think that if you bf really knows you, he would make your dream come true.

EvilQueen-T

enjoy the surprise where ever and when ever it comes and i'm sure you'll love it either way and be happy that you're considering marrying a man who doesn't have a problem with having the actual wedding at wdw. if i had to choose between the two i'd take having the wedding at wdw over the engagement hands down. just my thought

Runtinkrun

Ya know what though? As romantic as a Disney proposal would be, if you did think he'd be proposing there you'd spend the entire trip looking at every clue, obsessing over all his moods and movements, thinking it could be any minute now. This way it'll be a surprise for you!

Crazystars

The best analogy I can give about going from 2 kids to 3 is that you have to switch from a man-to-man defense to a zone defense. It is for sure more work with 3, but its worth it. And as my wife says the more kids you have, the better the chances one of them will still love you when youre old :-

LarryStoken

Maybe your boyfriend will propose at the Coral Reef. Disney will help him set it up by giving you a table right next to the tank. Then when you are having dessert, a scuba diver holds up a " YOUR NAME, WILL YOU MARRY ME? BOYFRIEND'S NAME " sign.

It has actually been done quite a few times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom